View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Drafting Dee Milliner 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Drafting Dee Milliner
regularjoe12 wrote:
Agreed! No one in the top 5 is even really looking at Milliner as far as I have seen...why the hell would we sell the farm when we have DIRE needs at all of the positions those 5 guys listed above play at. If we did that I'd join WJB on the "F Mayhew Bandwagon" in a heartbeat!

The bolded part isn't really true. Jacksonville, Oakland and Philly could all use a good corner, particularly the Eagles. Personally I think Milliner is there for the Lions to take.

1. KC - Joeckel
2. JAX - Jordan
3. OAK - Floyd
4. PHI - Fisher
5. DET - Milliner

April 17th, 2013, 5:47 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Agreed! No one in the top 5 is even really looking at Milliner as far as I have seen...why the hell would we sell the farm when we have DIRE needs at all of the positions those 5 guys listed above play at. If we did that I'd join WJB on the "F Mayhew Bandwagon" in a heartbeat!

The bolded part isn't really true. Jacksonville, Oakland and Philly could all use a good corner, particularly the Eagles. Personally I think Milliner is there for the Lions to take.

1. KC - Joeckel
2. JAX - Jordan
3. OAK - Floyd
4. PHI - Fisher
5. DET - Milliner

while I wont deny that, all I keep hearing that Oak and Jax are looking more at the DT's and Philly is probably going to take one of the LT's. although to be fair I HAVE heard Philly interested in Milliner I guess I dismissed it due to them needing to protect Capt. Fumbles before he breaks again.

April 17th, 2013, 5:55 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

1. KC - Joeckel
2. JAX - Jordan
3. OAK - Floyd
4. PHI - Fisher
5. DET - Milliner

while I wont deny that, all I keep hearing that Oak and Jax are looking more at the DT's and Philly is probably going to take one of the LT's. although to be fair I HAVE heard Philly interested in Milliner I guess I dismissed it due to them needing to protect Capt. Fumbles before he breaks again.

I see Philly taking Geno Smith. They DONT have a franchise QB on their roster, and they have a chance to do that.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 17th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

It might just have been posturing and bluffing, but Chip came out in a press conference and said he didn't see a franchise QB in this draft. The Eagles O-line last year made the Lions look like All-Pros and I don't se a big improvement even if Peters is able to play. Chip is going to run an up tempo offense even if it is a scaled back version of the Oregon offense and is going to need an O-line especially a blindside OT that can not only protect but be nimble and all three of the top LTs offer that this year. I have to believe he sees guys like Manuel, Scott, and Nassib and sees guys that can run an uptempo offense and knows at least one will be there in the 2nd round or later and grab his cornerstone LT with that first pick.

April 17th, 2013, 10:30 pm
IMO the Eagles are running with Vick, mainly due to the draft class. Why not? He's cheap, he'll get 'em by, he has the potential to be explosive in that offense, and they'll put some pieces around him. Makes perfect sense to me.

April 17th, 2013, 10:39 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
It might just have been posturing and bluffing, but Chip came out in a press conference and said he didn't see a franchise QB in this draft. The Eagles O-line last year made the Lions look like All-Pros and I don't se a big improvement even if Peters is able to play. Chip is going to run an up tempo offense even if it is a scaled back version of the Oregon offense and is going to need an O-line especially a blindside OT that can not only protect but be nimble and all three of the top LTs offer that this year. I have to believe he sees guys like Manuel, Scott, and Nassib and sees guys that can run an uptempo offense and knows at least one will be there in the 2nd round or later and grab his cornerstone LT with that first pick.

I can understand why they would draft Smith and why they wouldnt. As far as the press conference goes, who knows. Maybe Kelly is saying that so some team doesnt think Philly wants Smith and trades up in front of them. Really hard to tell. And though you also cant look too much into this, Philly sent everyone in their club to his Pro Day, including their owner who has only attended one pro day which was McNabb...who he ended up drafting. Im not saying anything, im just sayin.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 17th, 2013, 11:19 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I don't think it's set in stone that a LT will be the 1st pick. I've seen some stuff written and heard some people say that insiders with KC have KC taking Jordan number one. It's not hard to believe since they maybe looking for an impact player and have still had no takers on Albert. Seems like a waste of resources to let Albert walk next year because you took a LT 1st overall when you could just pay Albert and pick up an impact player like Jordan to pair with Tamba Hali.

This draft has a million scenarios because there isn't a standout player and almost all the scenarios seem to give the Lions a better option than taking Milliner at 5.

April 17th, 2013, 11:27 pm
Team MVP

rao wrote:
I don't think it's set in stone that a LT will be the 1st pick. I've seen some stuff written and heard some people say that insiders with KC have KC taking Jordan number one. It's not hard to believe since they maybe looking for an impact player and have still had no takers on Albert. Seems like a waste of resources to let Albert walk next year because you took a LT 1st overall when you could just pay Albert and pick up an impact player like Jordan to pair with Tamba Hali.

This draft has a million scenarios because there isn't a standout player and almost all the scenarios seem to give the Lions a better option than taking Milliner at 5.

But they also have Justin Houston. I dont see any way they take Jordan #1.

April 17th, 2013, 11:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Kiper is a moron. I like Millner and would consider him a Safe pick at 5. But hes not Patrick Petersen, and Peterson wouldnt be worth the #1 overall, even in this weaker draft. Kiper needs to put down the pipe.

Id rather lose out on all 3 tackles and Millner in the 1st 4 if it fell that way, and take the "concolation" prize of Warmack, Ansah or trade back, then trade ANYTHING away from our already lacking ion picks draft when we need so much talent and depth its ridiculous.

Not sure what Phillys doing (which means their FO is doing a good job pre-draft), depending on who you ask they are 90% Smith, 90% Millner, 90% LT (and some of the LT crowd are now saying theyd take LJ (as is LJ) for the Athleticism that would fit Kellys system. I sure hope they take Smith since hes a tier 2-4 talent and pushes an elite prospect down.

April 17th, 2013, 11:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I don't think people have thought enough about Jacksonville taking Geno Smith. New GM, new coach--they have no ties to Gabbert. Coach was DC in Seattle last year, so he knows the value of a mobile quarterback with a big arm.

April 18th, 2013, 7:39 am
#1 Overall Pick

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I don't think people have thought enough about Jacksonville taking Geno Smith. New GM, new coach--they have no ties to Gabbert. Coach was DC in Seattle last year, so he knows the value of a mobile quarterback with a big arm.

I think Gus Bradley will be more concerned about getting his pass rusher for his first year. His defense doesn't work without one. He may have learned about what a mobile QB with a big arm can get you, but he also learned that good QBs can be found on the second day.

If I'm a GM for a QB needy team I would be focusing on getting EJ Manuel in the 2nd where its cheaper to move up if needed and getting the BPA with my 1st.

April 18th, 2013, 9:01 am

rao wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I think Gus Bradley will be more concerned about getting his pass rusher for his first year. His defense doesn't work without one. He may have learned about what a mobile QB with a big arm can get you, but he also learned that good QBs can be found on the second day.

If I'm a GM for a QB needy team I would be focusing on getting EJ Manuel in the 2nd where its cheaper to move up if needed and getting the BPA with my 1st.

Fair enough, but I'm not convinced there's a slam dunk pass rusher there. I'm just saying I think it's more of a possibility than people are suggesting.

April 18th, 2013, 10:46 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

I can't recall a draft where a qb's hasn't gone in the top 10. You may be on to something...

April 18th, 2013, 10:50 am
#1 Overall Pick

I don't doubt a QB goes in the top 10 but that's far from 2nd overall. It's a really weird year and you could make a very reasonable argument for almost any of the top 10 players to go 1st overall.

There are hints of the Dolphins looking at Albert now, so that will put one of the OTs as the lock for number 1.

I think this is about as fun of a draft as you can have since there aren't any elite players without big questions.

April 18th, 2013, 12:20 pm
QB Coach

I overheard last night on ESPN's NFL report, and again on Sportcenter that there are significant issues with Millner's recovery. I did not catch the report in total but what little I did catch, said that this was not smoke and mirrors to manipulate the draft, but truth in his physical condition and durability. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 23rd, 2013, 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next