View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fantastic Start to the season there Tigers. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Fantastic Start to the season there Tigers.
1-2. To the stinking Twinkies. We should be 0-3 because the Tigers won the first game even though Leyland did everything in his arsenal to lose that game. Why does this team start out so darn slow offensively every darn year?

April 4th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Post Re: Fantastic Start to the season there Tigers.
Because we employ a high contingent of hispanic players, and they hate cold weather.

April 4th, 2013, 8:50 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Because we employ a high contingent of hispanic players, and they hate cold weather.

I actually wondered that too lol.

They lit the board up today, though.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 6th, 2013, 10:51 pm
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I actually wondered that too lol.

They lit the board up today, though.

Did you see Omar Infante playing in the Minny series? Dood looked like he was going snowmobiling... He had a full face mask on. Hilarious.

April 7th, 2013, 12:51 am
Team MVP

This is what bugs that crap out of me about Leyland. We've been tearing it up offensively, so Leyland changes the lineup. WHY?? Why would you not keep whats working?? Torri is batting over .400m Dirks aint doing crap, so he starts Dirks instead of Torri. Then somehow Don freakin Kelly cracks the lineup. And Santiago.

Im confused.

Makes ya wonder why we arent scoring more than 3 runs tonight?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 13th, 2013, 1:22 am
kdsberman wrote:
This is what bugs that crap out of me about Leyland. We've been tearing it up offensively, so Leyland changes the lineup. WHY?? Why would you not keep whats working?? Torri is batting over .400m Dirks aint doing crap, so he starts Dirks instead of Torri. Then somehow Don freakin Kelly cracks the lineup. And Santiago.

Im confused.

Leyland likes to "save" players or "manage" players so they have something in the tank come October... It's kind of hard to argue with his results...

If you want to be mad about anything, be mad that we have no bullpen, just like I said before the start of last offseason...

April 13th, 2013, 7:54 am
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Im confused.

Leyland likes to "save" players or "manage" players so they have something in the tank come October... It's kind of hard to argue with his results...

If you want to be mad about anything, be mad that we have no bullpen, just like I said before the start of last offseason...

I am mad at the bullpen part too..

But for crying out loud its BASEBALL. How can you "save" players? If he wants to get to the post season in the first place were gonna have to win games. But yeah, our bullpen needs to quit sucking right now.

April 13th, 2013, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

Can't complain about the offense, but I think everyone knew the BP was going to be the sore spot this year.

Unfortunately, we have all these latinos in the BP that are generally bad in cold weather (Al Al, Villareal, Benoit, Dotel, etc). This isn't new. These guys were good in FL, but stink now. It's not a surprise. They'll get much better next month when it gets to be 65-70 degrees at least. This cold weather BS SUCKS. You can even see it in Miggy, the lack of real power he's putting on the balls. It's the cold. He's drilling some balls, but not like normal. Sure looks like the same w/VMart.

April 14th, 2013, 12:09 am
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:
Can't complain about the offense, but I think everyone knew the BP was going to be the sore spot this year.

Unfortunately, we have all these latinos in the BP that are generally bad in cold weather (Al Al, Villareal, Benoit, Dotel, etc). This isn't new. These guys were good in FL, but stink now. It's not a surprise. They'll get much better next month when it gets to be 65-70 degrees at least. This cold weather BS SUCKS. You can even see it in Miggy, the lack of real power he's putting on the balls. It's the cold. He's drilling some balls, but not like normal. Sure looks like the same w/VMart.

i like the talent in the bullpen, the problem is that none of the guys are really in their prime. villareal has some nasty pitches but he cant pitch under pressure. al al handles the pressure better but he s had injuries and cant pitch consecutive days reliably. smyly isnt really a reliever. benoit and dotel are a little past there primes. coke is the only one in his prime but he s left handed and just not quite talented enough. downs has been somewhat of a pleasant surprise but he s more of a situational lefty. i see the tigers parting ways with castellanos or avisail garcia to land some bullpen help if nobody emerges by June 1.

April 14th, 2013, 8:57 am
Hall of Fame Player

Finally, Verlander pitched a game. And the offense showed up also. I get so sick of the offense saying, "Verlander is pitching today, we can take the day off."

Also, about Coke: It's the regular season. Coke stinks all season until the last 2 weeks of the regular season and then he flips a switch to playoff mode and becomes superman.

April 14th, 2013, 9:47 am
Heisman Winner

While this thread was created in jest I wanted to actually pull it back to a positive spin. The Tigers have been playing excellent ball to start the season and after playing the Twins to start the season have played all good ball teams so far and have only lost what 5 games out of 14. The bullpen is suspect but they but up zeros in the last three games, hopefully that a sign for the rest of the season.

I couldn't stop watching the 14 inning game last night as both pitching squads threw masterful games, and Pena's put out in the bottom of the 14th shows how hungry this team is. Let's keep it up, Go Tigers.

April 18th, 2013, 8:31 am
Team MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
While this thread was created in jest I wanted to actually pull it back to a positive spin. The Tigers have been playing excellent ball to start the season and after playing the Twins to start the season have played all good ball teams so far and have only lost what 5 games out of 14. The bullpen is suspect but they but up zeros in the last three games, hopefully that a sign for the rest of the season.

I couldn't stop watching the 14 inning game last night as both pitching squads threw masterful games, and Pena's put out in the bottom of the 14th shows how hungry this team is. Let's keep it up, Go Tigers.

Well said. I also couldnt go to bed until that was done. Very exciting game.

April 18th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

2nd time already, in this young season, that Verlander could have pitched a perfect game and not gotten a win because the offense went on a holiday. Verlander could sue for a lack of support.

April 18th, 2013, 10:28 pm
conversion02 wrote:

Didn't you say last year that Benoit and Dotel were baller studs and we didn't need bullpen help?

:idea: :arrow:

April 18th, 2013, 10:44 pm
Team MVP

And some ******* how don Kelly makes the lineup but the guy with the best batting average in the AL sits. ](*,)

April 19th, 2013, 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next