View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Boston Marathon Explosion - NON POLITICAL
TheRealWags wrote:
Patton Oswalt wrote:
Boston. fudge horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt/p ... 0800582655

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

April 16th, 2013, 10:07 am
Team MVP

America has turned into the Middle East.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 17th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Iv'e heard that a suspect was taken into custody today. anyone know any details?

April 17th, 2013, 4:44 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
Iv'e heard that a suspect was taken into custody today. anyone know any details?

KINDA heard something, but not many details.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 17th, 2013, 5:05 pm

kdsberman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

KINDA heard something, but not many details.

I know the early reports that happened that day of a Sauudi National turned out to be false. That guy was an injured person who was a witness and helping the police. I havent been able to find anything about whomever they picked up today.

April 17th, 2013, 5:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I don't believe this was a terrorist attack. Terrorist organizations almost always claim credit within hours of their attack. No-one has claimed responsibility yet. But, yet the government is quick start beating the terrorist attack drums. I am wondering if Obama has another freedom limiting initiative up his sleeve that he needs anything he can claim was a terrorist attack to glom onto.

Let's look at what we know so far:

It was Boston. It was tax filling deadline day. It was Patriots day.

I bet we will find that this was done by someone who owes a whole lot of $$$ to the IRS. So, he/she threw their own little Boston Tea Party, knowing that if they got caught, they would get free room and board for the rest of their life.

April 17th, 2013, 9:30 pm
BillySims wrote:
I don't believe this was a terrorist attack. Terrorist organizations almost always claim credit within hours of their attack. No-one has claimed responsibility yet. But, yet the government is quick start beating the terrorist attack drums. I am wondering if Obama has another freedom limiting initiative up his sleeve that he needs anything he can claim was a terrorist attack to glom onto.

I bet we will find that this was done by someone who owes a whole lot of $$$ to the IRS. So, he/she threw their own little Boston Tea Party, knowing that if they got caught, they would get free room and board for the rest of their life.

I think it was some white whacko myself. He may possibly have quasi-terrorist ties, or ties to Islam, but it looks more like a home grown "event" to me.

April 17th, 2013, 9:40 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:

I agree that it's probably not a middle easter terrorist. But terrorism isn't just terrorist organizations. There is a generally agreed definition of terrorism as: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. So if this was someone protesting the government or taxation, then it would qualify as terrorism.

Also, your comment about the government being quick to "start beating the terrorist attack drums" is patently false. In fact, in his first statement about it, Obama explicitly did not use the word terrorism. There were news stories about the fact that he didn't use that term and people were asking why he didn't say it. So your contention is not supported by facts.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 17th, 2013, 10:18 pm
Modmin Dude

FBI released photos of 2 suspects:

April 18th, 2013, 6:11 pm
3rd Round Selection

Sounds like one suspect dead, the other on the run but hopefully to be captured soon.

Crazy stuff at the minute.

I wonder whether the bombing, ricin letters and factory explosion near Waco will turn out to be connected?

April 19th, 2013, 5:52 am
Team MVP

UK Lion wrote:
Sounds like one suspect dead, the other on the run but hopefully to be captured soon.

Crazy stuff at the minute.

I wonder whether the bombing, ricin letters and factory explosion near Waco will turn out to be connected?

Wouldnt surprise me.

And maybe im being a little crazy here, but if they catch this guy, send him directly into a cage full of rattlesnakes, or a cage with a tiger that hasnt eaten in a week. America needs to send a message. You commit a crime like this, you are going to pay a painful, suffering consequence. These guys dont care that theyll go to jail if caught. Theyve probably been there a dozen times before. Doesnt scare them from doing something again. To them, its "just jail". They might think twice that if they get caught, they will have their limbs sawed off by a reciprocating saw. Am I crazy? Maybe. But the current way of disciplining sure isnt working.

April 19th, 2013, 7:51 am
QB Coach

Why give him to tigers, rattlesnakes, and bears oh my.

Give him to the father who lost his son, and who's wife is greiviously wounded. I would like to know why Chechnyans (Sp?) has decided to weigh in against the U.S. now. If it's Muslim related, then that poses a problem. Do we retaliate against them in their country or let the Russians do it? If they're "Turkish" I can see the tie in wiht the drone attacks and the anger created by them...

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 19th, 2013, 8:21 am

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Why give him to tigers, rattlesnakes, and bears oh my.

Give him to the father who lost his son, and who's wife is greiviously wounded. I would like to know why Chechnyans (Sp?) has decided to weigh in against the U.S. now. If it's Muslim related, then that poses a problem. Do we retaliate against them in their country or let the Russians do it? If they're "Turkish" I can see the tie in wiht the drone attacks and the anger created by them...

I don't think you can lump these two guys in with the whole country. The report I heard today was they both have been here since 01 and both lived a life of of wealthy kids. One drove a new Mercedes. So it's a little two early for that kind of assumption. For all practice purposes these kids were American.

April 19th, 2013, 9:28 am
Player of the Year - Defense

They are rumored to have left the country for "training." Their father still lives back in Chechneya. And Chechniyans have been aiding Al'Queda since 9/11, so it's nothing new. And Chechnya have been dealing with Muslim insurgency for a long time. But I'm holding off buying into anything until we have more information later. It's too easy to make assumptions.

April 19th, 2013, 1:04 pm

njroar wrote:
They are rumored to have left the country for "training." Their father still lives back in Chechneya. And Chechniyans have been aiding Al'Queda since 9/11, so it's nothing new. And Chechnya have been dealing with Muslim insurgency for a long time. But I'm holding off buying into anything until we have more information later. It's too easy to make assumptions.

hmm...I was under the impression that the Dad was here in the U.S. I know their Uncle is...

The Uncle basically said the boys dont deserve to live. While true, I found that shocking comming from a family member.

April 19th, 2013, 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next