View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Nate Burleson reportedly THREE months ahead of recovery 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Nate Burleson reportedly THREE months ahead of recovery
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... f-schedule

Quote:
Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson is ahead of schedule as he heals from a broken leg suffered last season.

The 31-year-old dropped by "NFL AM" to break down receivers in Thursday's 2013 NFL Draft and said he recently got the good news.

"The great news is I'm healed up," Burleson said. "I just got news from my doctors that the bone is good. I'm running and jumping three months ahead of schedule."

Currently the veteran receiver is slotted to be Calvin Johnson's main foil this season, but said he would welcome competition if the Lions took a wide receiver with one of their high draft picks.

"The way I look at it you are going to war every time you line up on Sunday, the more ammunition you have the better it is for you to go out there and battle," Burleson said. "We do have needs at just about every position, but I've always been a firm believer when it comes to draft picks you get the best guy."

Luckily for Lions fans no receiver looks to be in play at No. 5 overall. But if they trade back in the first round...

April 22nd, 2013, 7:15 am
3rd Round Selection

Post Re: Nate Burleson reportedly THREE months ahead of recovery
Deer antler spray? :D

Glad he's healing well. Hope the same for Broyles, too.

April 22nd, 2013, 9:34 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

thats great news but Burleson was looking to be barely hanging on to his role PRIOR to the injury. unfortunately the contenders for his spot are either gone or also injured.

April 23rd, 2013, 9:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

anyone else get the feeling that Nate already has one foot out the door on starting his next career with NFL network?

April 26th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I know hell be good at it and a good fvit, and having someone in the media with legitimate <3 for the Lions will be nice. I think (assume we draft or trade for a WR2) that he will end up our 4th WR by the end of the year, and with the TEs we have that means he wont see a ton of playtime. He could retire after this year and transition straight into broadcasting, and I think that would be good for all parties.

April 26th, 2013, 2:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

I wouldn't say Burleson has one foot out the door. He's rehabbing from an injury, so he's going to have more down time. He has stated before he knows his time is almost over and it makes a lot of sense for him to take advantage of his downtime and opportunities granted to him by the NFL. The guy may not have the physical tools like he used to, but he has always shown up in shape and ready to go to the best of his ability.

April 26th, 2013, 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]