View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 2:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
 Killer's Korner 
Author Message
Post Re: Killer's Korner
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Bennett is not a proven player. He had one good season as a pass rusher on a team with one of the worst sack rates in the NFL. There wasn't a single proven young pass rusher available in free agency this year. Cliff Avril was actually the only young player to even put up more than 1 season of 8+ sacks. This was not a good year for young pass rushers in free agency.



Freeny and Abraham aren't proven?

By proven, I mean at least he's proven that he CAN start. Young hasn't even proven that he's quality depth.


I put the word young in my statement for a reason. Both Freeny and Abraham don't qualify.


Who cares about "young?" I never said Bennet was a "young proven pass rusher," we just need to fill a hole for a year.


April 18th, 2013, 12:16 am
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Bennett is not a proven player. He had one good season as a pass rusher on a team with one of the worst sack rates in the NFL. There wasn't a single proven young pass rusher available in free agency this year. Cliff Avril was actually the only young player to even put up more than 1 season of 8+ sacks. This was not a good year for young pass rushers in free agency.



Freeny and Abraham aren't proven?

By proven, I mean at least he's proven that he CAN start. Young hasn't even proven that he's quality depth.


I put the word young in my statement for a reason. Both Freeny and Abraham don't qualify.


Who cares about "young?" I never said Bennet was a "young proven pass rusher," we just need to fill a hole for a year.


I care about youth. The Lions need someone they can combine with their DTs to create a unit not just some old one year stop gap. Your the one saying how bad this season will be and that
the Lions have no chance to do anything, so why in the hell would you want to waste a year with an old player?

Again Bennett hasn't proven anything beyond that he can start on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I never commented on Freeny or Abraham, I only commented on Bennett because people like to bring him up as someone the Lions missed on. I would have liked to add Bennett because he seems to have potential, but he's still a big question mark and his best season came on a contract year.


April 18th, 2013, 8:45 am
Profile
Post Re: Killer's Korner
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Bennett is not a proven player. He had one good season as a pass rusher on a team with one of the worst sack rates in the NFL. There wasn't a single proven young pass rusher available in free agency this year. Cliff Avril was actually the only young player to even put up more than 1 season of 8+ sacks. This was not a good year for young pass rushers in free agency.



Freeny and Abraham aren't proven?

By proven, I mean at least he's proven that he CAN start. Young hasn't even proven that he's quality depth.


I put the word young in my statement for a reason. Both Freeny and Abraham don't qualify.


Who cares about "young?" I never said Bennet was a "young proven pass rusher," we just need to fill a hole for a year.


I care about youth. The Lions need someone they can combine with their DTs to create a unit not just some old one year stop gap. Your the one saying how bad this season will be and that
the Lions have no chance to do anything, so why in the hell would you want to waste a year with an old player?

Again Bennett hasn't proven anything beyond that he can start on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I never commented on Freeny or Abraham, I only commented on Bennett because people like to bring him up as someone the Lions missed on. I would have liked to add Bennett because he seems to have potential, but he's still a big question mark and his best season came on a contract year.


I love that you care about "youth" but you want to hold onto a 27 year old that hasn't progressed, rather than drafting a 23 year old that has potential...

Mayhew should have two objectives:
1) Fielding a respectable team; and
2) Setting this team up for sustainable success.

Willie Young does neither. Abrham or Freeny would help us by actually giving us an actual starter and fielding a respectable team. The draft pick swap for Young would help cover that expense and it would do more for setting us up to be successful later.

No brainer in my book... IMO you don't have a "sophmore slump" at 27, in your 3rd year in the league. I really don't see him getting much better, unless he drastically changed his body composition in the offseason.


April 18th, 2013, 10:51 pm
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
Bennett is not a proven player. He had one good season as a pass rusher on a team with one of the worst sack rates in the NFL. There wasn't a single proven young pass rusher available in free agency this year. Cliff Avril was actually the only young player to even put up more than 1 season of 8+ sacks. This was not a good year for young pass rushers in free agency.



Freeny and Abraham aren't proven?

By proven, I mean at least he's proven that he CAN start. Young hasn't even proven that he's quality depth.


I put the word young in my statement for a reason. Both Freeny and Abraham don't qualify.


Who cares about "young?" I never said Bennet was a "young proven pass rusher," we just need to fill a hole for a year.


I care about youth. The Lions need someone they can combine with their DTs to create a unit not just some old one year stop gap. Your the one saying how bad this season will be and that
the Lions have no chance to do anything, so why in the hell would you want to waste a year with an old player?

Again Bennett hasn't proven anything beyond that he can start on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I never commented on Freeny or Abraham, I only commented on Bennett because people like to bring him up as someone the Lions missed on. I would have liked to add Bennett because he seems to have potential, but he's still a big question mark and his best season came on a contract year.


I love that you care about "youth" but you want to hold onto a 27 year old that hasn't progressed, rather than drafting a 23 year old that has potential...

Mayhew should have two objectives:
1) Fielding a respectable team; and
2) Setting this team up for sustainable success.

Willie Young does neither. Abrham or Freeny would help us by actually giving us an actual starter and fielding a respectable team. The draft pick swap for Young would help cover that expense and it would do more for setting us up to be successful later.

No brainer in my book... IMO you don't have a "sophmore slump" at 27, in your 3rd year in the league. I really don't see him getting much better, unless he drastically changed his body composition in the offseason.


I have never said said I would keep Willie Young over a younger prospect, but thanks for playing.

There is no guarantee the Lions could get Abraham or Freeny to even visit or that they can get a good pass rusher in the draft. It's moronic for them to just let every DE they have go, they have to keep someone that has played the system before. If they resigned Lojack I would be more than open to dropping Young, but as of right now they need to keep him on the roster. Young is also the only experienced DE they have that they feel fits the speed rusher spot. I think they are over valuing him, but I can see why they may feel that way.

Also a sophmore slump can happen at any age when someone is learning something new. It happens all the time with people. A person will follow a system and a technique taught to them early, if that system is sound that person becomes successful. After some time of success many people fall into a habit of altering the system in ways they feel have worked for them, but in doing so they start to take shortcuts which lead to slumps. Young has only played in 2 seasons with last season being his first with significant playing time. I don't think he will ever be a starter, but he may still become a good to great backup. James Harrison was 29 yrs old when things finally clicked for him.


April 19th, 2013, 12:21 am
Profile
Post Re: Killer's Korner
rao wrote:
I have never said said I would keep Willie Young over a younger prospect, but thanks for playing.

There is no guarantee the Lions could get Abraham or Freeny to even visit or that they can get a good pass rusher in the draft. It's moronic for them to just let every DE they have go, they have to keep someone that has played the system before. If they resigned Lojack I would be more than open to dropping Young, but as of right now they need to keep him on the roster. Young is also the only experienced DE they have that they feel fits the speed rusher spot. I think they are over valuing him, but I can see why they may feel that way.

Also a sophmore slump can happen at any age when someone is learning something new. It happens all the time with people. A person will follow a system and a technique taught to them early, if that system is sound that person becomes successful. After some time of success many people fall into a habit of altering the system in ways they feel have worked for them, but in doing so they start to take shortcuts which lead to slumps. Young has only played in 2 seasons with last season being his first with significant playing time. I don't think he will ever be a starter, but he may still become a good to great backup. James Harrison was 29 yrs old when things finally clicked for him.


1) you're bitching about my preference to cut him over paying him $1.5M. My whole point is that we should draft his replacement, hence you're stating that we should keep him over a younger prospect.

2) It matters not if we could sign Freeny or Abraham. I would argue that at this time both are capable of being signed, because no one has reached out and tried to sign them yet. It's not them that's waiting for the draft to shake out, they would prefer to be under contract now, it's the various NFL teams that waiting to see how the draft shakes out.

And again, still it doesn't matter. Young isn't a starting caliber DE, period. He won't start, and he has no business starting. We COULD and WOULD put that money somewhere else, at a starting position, and we should. You're stating that he is likely relegated to being a "consummate backup." Why pay him $1.5M to be a backup when someone like Jones is making $2M to allegedly be a starting caliber DE for us?

Further, I disagree with your contention that "you can have a sophomore slump" at any point in your career. Not at DE, and not in the Wide 9. IF he was a LB being taught zone or man coverage, or if he was an OLman switching schemes, etc. I could see it. However, the Wide 9 DE is THE most dummied down position in all of professional football. It has one purpose - to haul balls and get the Qb. You can't slump at that... There really is no "technique" that is "new" in that... It's as basic as basic gets.

It's physical skill not "technique" that's killing Willie. He's not big enough to shed blocks, and get by OTs, it's that simple.


April 19th, 2013, 1:20 am
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
I have never said said I would keep Willie Young over a younger prospect, but thanks for playing.

There is no guarantee the Lions could get Abraham or Freeny to even visit or that they can get a good pass rusher in the draft. It's moronic for them to just let every DE they have go, they have to keep someone that has played the system before. If they resigned Lojack I would be more than open to dropping Young, but as of right now they need to keep him on the roster. Young is also the only experienced DE they have that they feel fits the speed rusher spot. I think they are over valuing him, but I can see why they may feel that way.

Also a sophmore slump can happen at any age when someone is learning something new. It happens all the time with people. A person will follow a system and a technique taught to them early, if that system is sound that person becomes successful. After some time of success many people fall into a habit of altering the system in ways they feel have worked for them, but in doing so they start to take shortcuts which lead to slumps. Young has only played in 2 seasons with last season being his first with significant playing time. I don't think he will ever be a starter, but he may still become a good to great backup. James Harrison was 29 yrs old when things finally clicked for him.


1) you're bitching about my preference to cut him over paying him $1.5M. My whole point is that we should draft his replacement, hence you're stating that we should keep him over a younger prospect.

2) It matters not if we could sign Freeny or Abraham. I would argue that at this time both are capable of being signed, because no one has reached out and tried to sign them yet. It's not them that's waiting for the draft to shake out, they would prefer to be under contract now, it's the various NFL teams that waiting to see how the draft shakes out.

And again, still it doesn't matter. Young isn't a starting caliber DE, period. He won't start, and he has no business starting. We COULD and WOULD put that money somewhere else, at a starting position, and we should. You're stating that he is likely relegated to being a "consummate backup." Why pay him $1.5M to be a backup when someone like Jones is making $2M to allegedly be a starting caliber DE for us?

Further, I disagree with your contention that "you can have a sophomore slump" at any point in your career. Not at DE, and not in the Wide 9. IF he was a LB being taught zone or man coverage, or if he was an OLman switching schemes, etc. I could see it. However, the Wide 9 DE is THE most dummied down position in all of professional football. It has one purpose - to haul balls and get the Qb. You can't slump at that... There really is no "technique" that is "new" in that... It's as basic as basic gets.

It's physical skill not "technique" that's killing Willie. He's not big enough to shed blocks, and get by OTs, it's that simple.


1) I don't have a problem cutting him for a rookie. I said it was dumb to cut him when you don't even have a rookie to replace him. If they have someone after the draft that they feel is better then cut him.

2) You could argue both are available to be signed if you want to pay them $4M+/yr, but your absolutely wrong in saying no one has reached out to them. Both Freeny and Abraham have had talks with multiple teams and each team sent them on their way because they are asking for more than what Osi got. It is them waiting for the draft to play out because their hoping someone will miss out in the draft and pay them more money.

Your notion that DEs and Wide-9 DEs specifically have a simple position is laughable at best. Physical skill gets you to the NFL but no matter what the position technique is what makes a good player. Block shedding doesn't require size, all thats needed is the knowledge of how to dip, spin, or use your hands to keep an OTs hands off your body along with the ability to mix up your moves.

Resigning Young has yet to stop the Lions from doing anything in free agency and gives the Lions some type of safety net they are familiar with in case they miss on drafting a decent DE prospect. His contract isn't guaranteed, he could be cut anytime for 300K.

For the record the only one ever really bitching about anything is you. I was just disagreeing with what you posted.


April 19th, 2013, 2:33 am
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1112
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Killer's Korner
£1.5m for Young doesn't seem terrible to me, given the other DEs we've lost (so far, I hope to see LoJack return). There's value in some continuity. As rao says too, with the small SB we can always move in another direction if the off-season throws up other possibilities.

I can't see signing Freeny or Abraham for 3x as much, probably on more than a one year deal, as being a better decision. They may become available for less money or a shorter contract later in the off-season, in which case they may become better options than Young. But we've structured Young's contract so we can take those opportunities if they arise. So good move from the Lions, for me.


April 19th, 2013, 5:57 am
Profile
Post Re: Killer's Korner
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
I have never said said I would keep Willie Young over a younger prospect, but thanks for playing.

There is no guarantee the Lions could get Abraham or Freeny to even visit or that they can get a good pass rusher in the draft. It's moronic for them to just let every DE they have go, they have to keep someone that has played the system before. If they resigned Lojack I would be more than open to dropping Young, but as of right now they need to keep him on the roster. Young is also the only experienced DE they have that they feel fits the speed rusher spot. I think they are over valuing him, but I can see why they may feel that way.

Also a sophmore slump can happen at any age when someone is learning something new. It happens all the time with people. A person will follow a system and a technique taught to them early, if that system is sound that person becomes successful. After some time of success many people fall into a habit of altering the system in ways they feel have worked for them, but in doing so they start to take shortcuts which lead to slumps. Young has only played in 2 seasons with last season being his first with significant playing time. I don't think he will ever be a starter, but he may still become a good to great backup. James Harrison was 29 yrs old when things finally clicked for him.


1) you're bitching about my preference to cut him over paying him $1.5M. My whole point is that we should draft his replacement, hence you're stating that we should keep him over a younger prospect.

2) It matters not if we could sign Freeny or Abraham. I would argue that at this time both are capable of being signed, because no one has reached out and tried to sign them yet. It's not them that's waiting for the draft to shake out, they would prefer to be under contract now, it's the various NFL teams that waiting to see how the draft shakes out.

And again, still it doesn't matter. Young isn't a starting caliber DE, period. He won't start, and he has no business starting. We COULD and WOULD put that money somewhere else, at a starting position, and we should. You're stating that he is likely relegated to being a "consummate backup." Why pay him $1.5M to be a backup when someone like Jones is making $2M to allegedly be a starting caliber DE for us?

Further, I disagree with your contention that "you can have a sophomore slump" at any point in your career. Not at DE, and not in the Wide 9. IF he was a LB being taught zone or man coverage, or if he was an OLman switching schemes, etc. I could see it. However, the Wide 9 DE is THE most dummied down position in all of professional football. It has one purpose - to haul balls and get the Qb. You can't slump at that... There really is no "technique" that is "new" in that... It's as basic as basic gets.

It's physical skill not "technique" that's killing Willie. He's not big enough to shed blocks, and get by OTs, it's that simple.


1) I don't have a problem cutting him for a rookie. I said it was dumb to cut him when you don't even have a rookie to replace him. If they have someone after the draft that they feel is better then cut him.

2) You could argue both are available to be signed if you want to pay them $4M+/yr, but your absolutely wrong in saying no one has reached out to them. Both Freeny and Abraham have had talks with multiple teams and each team sent them on their way because they are asking for more than what Osi got. It is them waiting for the draft to play out because their hoping someone will miss out in the draft and pay them more money.

Your notion that DEs and Wide-9 DEs specifically have a simple position is laughable at best. Physical skill gets you to the NFL but no matter what the position technique is what makes a good player. Block shedding doesn't require size, all thats needed is the knowledge of how to dip, spin, or use your hands to keep an OTs hands off your body along with the ability to mix up your moves.

Resigning Young has yet to stop the Lions from doing anything in free agency and gives the Lions some type of safety net they are familiar with in case they miss on drafting a decent DE prospect. His contract isn't guaranteed, he could be cut anytime for 300K.

For the record the only one ever really bitching about anything is you. I was just disagreeing with what you posted.


My whole point was to give him the low RFA tender and let him walk if another team wants to give up a draft pick for him.

We can't "have" the rookie yet, as the draft hasn't happened, but we can plan and we can guaranty that we at least get Young's replacement VIA the draft.

Again, with so many holes in our starting lineup, having high priced depth isn't smart.


April 19th, 2013, 9:21 am
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
I have never said said I would keep Willie Young over a younger prospect, but thanks for playing.

There is no guarantee the Lions could get Abraham or Freeny to even visit or that they can get a good pass rusher in the draft. It's moronic for them to just let every DE they have go, they have to keep someone that has played the system before. If they resigned Lojack I would be more than open to dropping Young, but as of right now they need to keep him on the roster. Young is also the only experienced DE they have that they feel fits the speed rusher spot. I think they are over valuing him, but I can see why they may feel that way.

Also a sophmore slump can happen at any age when someone is learning something new. It happens all the time with people. A person will follow a system and a technique taught to them early, if that system is sound that person becomes successful. After some time of success many people fall into a habit of altering the system in ways they feel have worked for them, but in doing so they start to take shortcuts which lead to slumps. Young has only played in 2 seasons with last season being his first with significant playing time. I don't think he will ever be a starter, but he may still become a good to great backup. James Harrison was 29 yrs old when things finally clicked for him.


1) you're bitching about my preference to cut him over paying him $1.5M. My whole point is that we should draft his replacement, hence you're stating that we should keep him over a younger prospect.

2) It matters not if we could sign Freeny or Abraham. I would argue that at this time both are capable of being signed, because no one has reached out and tried to sign them yet. It's not them that's waiting for the draft to shake out, they would prefer to be under contract now, it's the various NFL teams that waiting to see how the draft shakes out.

And again, still it doesn't matter. Young isn't a starting caliber DE, period. He won't start, and he has no business starting. We COULD and WOULD put that money somewhere else, at a starting position, and we should. You're stating that he is likely relegated to being a "consummate backup." Why pay him $1.5M to be a backup when someone like Jones is making $2M to allegedly be a starting caliber DE for us?

Further, I disagree with your contention that "you can have a sophomore slump" at any point in your career. Not at DE, and not in the Wide 9. IF he was a LB being taught zone or man coverage, or if he was an OLman switching schemes, etc. I could see it. However, the Wide 9 DE is THE most dummied down position in all of professional football. It has one purpose - to haul balls and get the Qb. You can't slump at that... There really is no "technique" that is "new" in that... It's as basic as basic gets.

It's physical skill not "technique" that's killing Willie. He's not big enough to shed blocks, and get by OTs, it's that simple.


1) I don't have a problem cutting him for a rookie. I said it was dumb to cut him when you don't even have a rookie to replace him. If they have someone after the draft that they feel is better then cut him.

2) You could argue both are available to be signed if you want to pay them $4M+/yr, but your absolutely wrong in saying no one has reached out to them. Both Freeny and Abraham have had talks with multiple teams and each team sent them on their way because they are asking for more than what Osi got. It is them waiting for the draft to play out because their hoping someone will miss out in the draft and pay them more money.

Your notion that DEs and Wide-9 DEs specifically have a simple position is laughable at best. Physical skill gets you to the NFL but no matter what the position technique is what makes a good player. Block shedding doesn't require size, all thats needed is the knowledge of how to dip, spin, or use your hands to keep an OTs hands off your body along with the ability to mix up your moves.

Resigning Young has yet to stop the Lions from doing anything in free agency and gives the Lions some type of safety net they are familiar with in case they miss on drafting a decent DE prospect. His contract isn't guaranteed, he could be cut anytime for 300K.

For the record the only one ever really bitching about anything is you. I was just disagreeing with what you posted.


My whole point was to give him the low RFA tender and let him walk if another team wants to give up a draft pick for him.

We can't "have" the rookie yet, as the draft hasn't happened, but we can plan and we can guaranty that we at least get Young's replacement VIA the draft.

Again, with so many holes in our starting lineup, having high priced depth isn't smart.


I understand your point and I would have agreed with you if they hadn't let all the other experienced DEs walk and cut KVB. Jason Jones has some knowledge of the wide-9 so his addition was smart, but it's been a good amount of time since he played with Schwartz or Washburn. Young gives you a current knowledge of whats expected.

I know we can't have the rookie yet and that's why I don't mind Young on the roster. The reason I say they can't guaranty that they are able to draft Youngs replacement is because it leads to reaching in the draft. It would put them in a terrible position in the draft if they are scared to miss out on a DE. I'd say even right now their probably already in a need to situation for drafting a DE and letting someone take Young would have only exacerbated things.

Your exaggerating his cost, $1.5M is not a high priced back-up. Also the Lions have barely any money in their DEs right now, so they are keeping their costs down. The other DEs this year signed for a lot less than what was expected, but that doesn't mean the other players are just going to take the minimum. The ceiling may have came down for DEs, but the floor stayed the same so far.


April 19th, 2013, 9:56 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9765
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Signing Young to a contract was something the Lions HAD to do. The question is, how much of that money was signing bonus or guaranteed. If it was a small amount, then there is no risk at losing him if he isn't good enough to make the roster. If he is good enough to make the opening day squad, then $1.5M is a small price to pay for a guy who can rotate in on passing downs. He had a down season last year. Big deal, lots of players have that happen to them. That's no reason to give up on him now. Based on how the RFA market played out, I'd say the Lions played this one pretty darn well.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 22nd, 2013, 10:28 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2218
Post Re: Killer's Korner
FYI Re: Lojack

Quote:
Lions 'made their offer' to Lawrence Jackson
By Sean Yuille on Apr 20 2013, 5:20p @SeanYuille 20
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/4/20 ... roit-lions

According to Lawrence Jackson, he has received an offer from the Detroit Lions.

Free-agent defensive end Lawrence Jackson visited the Minnesota Vikings this week. He tweeted that he had a "great visit" and indicated that he now has some decisions to make.

Also on Twitter, Jackson responded to a question about if he's heard from the Detroit Lions. Given the lack of news surrounding Jackson and the Lions, it didn't seem like they had interest in re-signing him (at least not at this point in time), but he has in fact received an offer:

Lawrence Jackson ✔ @LoJackson94
“@jeffrubcic: @LoJackson94 Ever hear anything from the Lions?”yes I have. They made their offer.


It's not clear if this offer is recent and if it is still on the table. However, given that Jackson included "#decisionsdecisions" in his tweet about visiting the Vikings, it seems like he could be choosing between them and the Lions. If that is the case, let's hope he opts to re-sign with the Lions.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 22nd, 2013, 2:40 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Not sure what the offer is but based how cheap DEs have been coming in the offseason, if he wants something reasonable and we are lowballing him and lose him to the Vikings whil we have Young and Jason Jones as our DEs ill be pissed.

IE if its a small difference but we offer lower hoping for a hometown discount. If he wants too much then I understand letting him go.


April 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Post Re: Killer's Korner
DJ-B wrote:
Not sure what the offer is but based how cheap DEs have been coming in the offseason, if he wants something reasonable and we are lowballing him and lose him to the Vikings whil we have Young and Jason Jones as our DEs ill be pissed.

IE if its a small difference but we offer lower hoping for a hometown discount. If he wants too much then I understand letting him go.


I agree completely. I would rather have not brought back Young at all, and offered LoJack a reasonable salary. He's shown a lot more than Young has.


April 22nd, 2013, 2:56 pm
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
It really wouldn't bother me if they lose out on Lojack. Lojack adds nothing but run defense to the dline and there are always other similar DEs available into the season as free agents. After last season Mayhew said that they had a team of players that did things ok, but lacked playmakers and Lojack is a shinning example of that. The Vikings want him to be their 4th DE, he's easy to replace.


April 22nd, 2013, 3:58 pm
Profile
Post Re: Killer's Korner
rao wrote:
It really wouldn't bother me if they lose out on Lojack. Lojack adds nothing but run defense to the dline and there are always other similar DEs available into the season as free agents. After last season Mayhew said that they had a team of players that did things ok, but lacked playmakers and Lojack is a shinning example of that. The Vikings want him to be their 4th DE, he's easy to replace.


IMO Young is easier to replace and is less important to this team than LoJack is.


April 22nd, 2013, 4:09 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.