View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Drafting a DT in the draft at #5 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Drafting a DT in the draft at #5
I like Milliner as a Player, but is he Patrick Peterson. No. I don't think hes a top 10 CB or 1st off the board in a normal draft. I think this is a good draft for CBs, but not as elite prospects (there isn't 1 IMO). ALso we have Houston and Bentley as starters, and I think that were OK (not good, but OK) at CB now that our Safeties are stronger with Quinn. Meanwhile we have nobody at DE and lost both OTs. Milliner to me doesn't make sens at 5, because all 3 OTs, Warmack and Ansah all make more sense, and 1 of those has to be there.

April 24th, 2013, 4:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

Also it was just revealed to the public that Milliner has had 5 shoulder surgeries. That is a lot of history and it wouldn't surprise me if that's why you don't hear a lot of chatter about teams being serious about drafting Milliner. These teams have known about his medical history at the latest since the combine and even if a medical team gives you the ok you still have to be a little leery of any player having so much work on one part of the body.

Last edited by rao on April 24th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2013, 4:51 pm
Butkus Award Winner

rao wrote:
Also it was just revealed to the public that Milliner has had 5 shoulder surgeries. That is a lot of history and it wouldn't surprise me if that's why you don't here a lot of chatter about teams being serious about drafting Milliner. These teams have known about his medical history at the latest since the combine and even if a medical team gives you the ok you still have to be a little leery of any player having so much work on one part of the body.

That's awful... I really hope Mayhew is taking note of this.

April 24th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I think Milliner's only real downfall is he doesn't have great hands but I'll take a solid CB that doesn't get burnt every other play over a highlight CB like Cromartie was before his play dipped or Bly when he was in Detroit. In my eyes he looks like he is going to be in the Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha neighborhood as far as NFL production. A guy that will take away his man and rack up the PD but not the INTs. Would I be upset if they stayed at #5 and drafted MIlliner? No, but I'd rather they traded back in today's NFL. A team in my opinion is better of with two quality #2 type CBs and a stud DE over a shutdown CB and an average pass rush.

April 24th, 2013, 6:14 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
I think Milliner's only real downfall is he doesn't have great hands but I'll take a solid CB that doesn't get burnt every other play over a highlight CB like Cromartie was before his play dipped or Bly when he was in Detroit. In my eyes he looks like he is going to be in the Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha neighborhood as far as NFL production. A guy that will take away his man and rack up the PD but not the INTs. Would I be upset if they stayed at #5 and drafted MIlliner? No, but I'd rather they traded back in today's NFL. A team in my opinion is better of with two quality #2 type CBs and a stud DE over a shutdown CB and an average pass rush.

His "pick up" speed or change of direction speed scares me. Like I said, in the NCAAs he really used poor accuracy and slow WRs to his advantage. IMO he gets abused at the next level.

April 24th, 2013, 8:07 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

His "pick up" speed or change of direction speed scares me. Like I said, in the NCAAs he really used poor accuracy and slow WRs to his advantage. IMO he gets abused at the next level.

I agree, when he was at the combine his 10 time seemed slow. Even the experts commented on how it didn't correlate with his 40, he doesn't look to have great initial burst and that could hurt him in the NFL. I don't know if he'll ever really get abused since he plays with great technique, but I don't think he's a true CB1. He'll probably have a career like Houston.

April 24th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Even before I read the last post based on everything I heard I was thinking "Hes Houston but probably wont stumble the 1st few years". So yeah, hed be a fine pick at 15-32, but not worth a top 10 pick.

April 25th, 2013, 12:03 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3