View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1
Well it is finally here - wahoo! Lot's of intrigue this year with the draft.

As for the Lions, will they land one of the top 3 OTs? Do they go with a good, not great (and injured) CB? Or do they go with the raw DE that many have them now selecting? How about a trade down?

Post your thoughts on round one of the draft in this thread. Also, the chatroom will be open throughout round one - http://www.lionbacker.com/chat

Go Lions!

April 25th, 2013, 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1
I think one of the 3 LTs will fall to the Lions.. just hope they are smart and take them.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 25th, 2013, 10:15 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

LionsFan4Life wrote:
I think one of the 3 LTs will fall to the Lions.. just hope they are smart and take them.

Im hearing a rediculous amount of talk about us moving down to ensure we get a tackle. the most interesting rumor is we're looking to package a player or two to move up. Other than Suh, who could that be?

But then again, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors this time of the year trying to get another team to panic and sell the farm....we'll see soon enough

April 25th, 2013, 10:33 am
NFL Veteran

regularjoe12 wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

Im hearing a rediculous amount of talk about us moving down to ensure we get a tackle. the most interesting rumor is we're looking to package a player or two to move up. Other than Suh, who could that be?

But then again, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors this time of the year trying to get another team to panic and sell the farm....we'll see soon enough

Can't move Suh, the team can't make room for his dead money if he is moved. Outside of Fairley, Pettigrew, or if someone is really desperate Hill, I can't see anyone on their roster that could be moved for any value. Those rumors have to be completely fabricated.

Really hoping one of the OTs drop.

April 25th, 2013, 11:07 am

Our Only Move UP option IMO would be to trade Pettigrew to the Raiders. They had weak TEs last year, and let their #1 walk away. They currently don't have a starting TE on the roster, and that move could make sense for both teams. I don't know if I'd also be willing to part with a Pick though, and then wed have to replace Pett, although there are a few good TEs in the draft and If we got a real WR#2 we can use Heller for Blocking and Scheff for Catching. Its not like Pett has been great at either (hes ok at both imo).

Other than that I think we stay pat and take a Tackle or Ansah, or Trade down. I don't see Milliner as the pick based on Mayhews penchant for waiting till later rds to grab CBs, and the fact that they still think bently can start, have J green (who got a ton better and experience down the stretch) to be a Nickel or Dime CB, and still have Greenwood untested. I thinkw e get CB later, but I think Milliner is off the top of our board barring a trade down.

See Sig for Preference Order , but I think we end up with Lane Johnson (or Ansah).

April 25th, 2013, 11:24 am
Profile ICQ WWW

P.S> - I will be in the Chat room tonight for most if not all of the 1st round. Hope to see some of you there.

April 25th, 2013, 11:31 am
Profile ICQ WWW
3rd Round Selection

Enjoy the draft, folks. Time differences means no way I watch, but sure I'll catch up with the inevitable moaning at what we've done in the morning! :D

April 25th, 2013, 11:44 am
QB Coach

I'm in Indonesia so I'll be getting up at 7 AM to watch. Gotta love being able to work from home, and the 13 hour time difference makes it just doable.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 11:59 am
Team MVP

Fingers crossed for one of the 3 OTs. If they are all gone, go OG. Gotta fix that RG spot too.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 25th, 2013, 12:49 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Hoping for a trade back if the top Tackles are gone.

April 25th, 2013, 12:55 pm

kdsberman wrote:
Fingers crossed for one of the 3 OTs. If they are all gone, go OG. Gotta fix that RG spot too.

As far as guards go.. I read that the Lions really like Jonathan Cooper. Plus he has the ability to also play C which some would argue that is his stronger position.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 25th, 2013, 1:32 pm
Varsity 1st Team

liontrax wrote:
Hoping for a trade back if the top Tackles are gone.

=D>

yup, we need lots of help

April 25th, 2013, 1:37 pm
Team MVP

LionsFan4Life wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

As far as guards go.. I read that the Lions really like Jonathan Cooper. Plus he has the ability to also play C which some would argue that is his stronger position.

Heard the same. Id be happy with it if we took him. Id rather a trade down for him, but if we took him at 5 id be ok with it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 25th, 2013, 1:57 pm

kdsberman wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Heard the same. Id be happy with it if we took him. Id rather a trade down for him, but if we took him at 5 id be ok with it.

What you said about taking him.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 25th, 2013, 2:03 pm
QB Coach

Quote:
To move from No. 4 to third and draft Trent Richardson in 2012, the Browns gave up the fourth overall pick as well as fourth-, fifth- and seventh-rounders. That's a haul that McKenzie would welcome.

That was from an article about teams trading up with the Raiders. They didn't mention us specifically, but we have been discussed recently.

We don't have a fourth round pick that is tradeable. I don't want to give up our second or third, but without including one of them we don't have the ammo to move up. I kinda want to see how the draft plays out and who we have a shot at with our own pick.

April 25th, 2013, 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next