View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Drafting Eric Fisher 
1st Round Pick

Post Re: Drafting Eric Fisher
DJ-B wrote:
IF they want the OT, and need to trade up tog et him, the alternative is giving up our 2nd or at min our 3rd rd pick. The Pett option gets rid of someone we have to replace next year anyways and gets value for him now (Think Cliff Avril Fiasco) AND keeps that 2nd-3rd pick for a different position to be filled (or even a quality TE if 1 drops.)

I wouldn't give up a 2nd either. I think we can get a quality player, who fills a position of need and makes an immediate impact, if we stay at 5 regardless of the 4 players taken in front of us.

I'd maybe give up a third.

I suspect my view on this is motivated by 2 things:

1. (the main one) I'm not convinced we get that much extra picking at 3 than at 5.

2. (lesser - and to address wjb's latest post in part (and fair enough wjb, we just have a different view)) I don't see Pett as negatively as others do.

Point 1 is the main one, for me, though.

April 25th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I understand that. Its all predicated on the OT situation. If Joeckel and Fisher go 1-2 (in either order) , then the 3rd pick will be for LJ and multiple teams may be bidding for it. If they want the LT they'll have to trade for it or Phil;i will take them. Philly might be willing to trade more than us to go from 4-3 anyways just to lock LJ down.

If they don't think the OT is a must (I do) then they don't trade and take Ansah or whoever at 5 or trade down, but if OT is a must, they will be ready to trade up. They wont get an OT at 5 Unless a few weird picks are made in the 1st 4 (could happen, every draft has suprises).

April 25th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
#1 Overall Pick

The person ESPN has with the Eagles said she had heard from someone that spoke to Lane Johnson and Lane stated that multiple teams have called him letting him know they are trying to trade up to take him. It really seems like The OTs are going to go 1-2-3.

April 25th, 2013, 4:12 pm
rao wrote:
The person ESPN has with the Eagles said she had heard from someone that spoke to Lane Johnson and Lane stated that multiple teams have called him letting him know they are trying to trade up to take him. It really seems like The OTs are going to go 1-2-3.

Leave it to the Lions to win one game too many and phuck up their future...

April 25th, 2013, 4:18 pm
#1 Overall Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

Leave it to the Lions to win one game too many and phuck up their future...

Haha, I think I would blame the Eagles more. They somehow lost more games than the Lions when they had talent at virtually every position and it was a down year from their division.

April 25th, 2013, 4:23 pm

3 Premier positions in NFL Draft - QB, DE, LT

No Top 10 QBs.

DEs all have some sort of question marks (raw/size/injury/more OLD than DE)

And you have 3 LTS that are considered the Safest Picks.

Once trade calls started being made it pushed them top the top of the board, as their value is slightly inflated without the top DEs or Qbs to mess with it. There are 2 top DTs too, but less Suitors, so those teams (Raiders in particular) can trade down a few picks and likely still get their guys.

April 25th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Div 1 - Starter

<Sigh>. I was hoping the Lions would be able to get one of the OTs. I'm not sold on the DE prospects at all and think they are bust candidates. If all three OTs are gone then my preference is:

(1.) Trade down if possible
(2.) Warmack/Cooper (whichever they like)
(3.) Milliner

I know that pick 5 is high for drafting a guard, but even a guard could help our running and passing game. I think OT is #1 priority, followed by DE, but since there aren't any "sure thing" DE prospects, I think they should try to bolster the offensive line.

Last edited by Growler on April 25th, 2013, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Growler wrote:
<Sigh>. I was hoping the Lions would be able to get one of the OTs. I'm not sold on the DE prospects at all and think they are bust candidates. If all three OTs are gone then my preference is:

(1.) Trade down if possible
(2.) Warmack/Cooper (whichever they like)
(3.) Milliner

I know that pick 5 is high for drafting a guard, but even a guard could help our running and passing game, and I think helping the offensive line is priority #1.

April 25th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5