View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Quote:
To move from No. 4 to third and draft Trent Richardson in 2012, the Browns gave up the fourth overall pick as well as fourth-, fifth- and seventh-rounders. That's a haul that McKenzie would welcome.

That was from an article about teams trading up with the Raiders. They didn't mention us specifically, but we have been discussed recently.

We don't have a fourth round pick that is tradeable. I don't want to give up our second or third, but without including one of them we don't have the ammo to move up. I kinda want to see how the draft plays out and who we have a shot at with our own pick.

Which is why I suggested , if its the raiders, offer 5-4 + Pettigrew and get it done.

April 25th, 2013, 5:12 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Word on the street is that the Chiefs are taking Fisher: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ic-fisher/

April 25th, 2013, 5:19 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Word on the street is that the Chiefs are taking Fisher: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ic-fisher/

I've heard that more and more lately too. Fisher looked like the more solid pick after the workouts.

April 25th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Fisher = Didn't play against Top Comp, but Over time likely slightly better prospect

Joeckel = Most Ready to start OT right now and Still great measurable/talent.

April 25th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
Fisher = Didn't play against Top Comp, but Over time likely slightly better prospect

I see Joeckel as the better technician, and Fisher the better physical player that still has sound technique. For my money I like Fisher more. IMO his physical development means he's worked harder. I think it says something about his ego and work ethic.

April 25th, 2013, 5:37 pm

I like Fisher over Joeckel at this point also, so can understand the Chiefs decision if he is it.

April 25th, 2013, 6:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Butkus Award Winner

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I see Joeckel as the better technician, and Fisher the better physical player that still has sound technique. For my money I like Fisher more. IMO his physical development means he's worked harder. I think it says something about his ego and work ethic.

Agreed, but I can't say I'd be even a bit disappointed with Joeckel as our LT for the next decade. He'll at the very least be an occasional Pro Bowler.

April 25th, 2013, 7:12 pm
Shotty wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

Agreed, but I can't say I'd be even a bit disappointed with Joeckel as our LT for the next decade. He'll at the very least be an occasional Pro Bowler.

I don't like his hollywood look. He looks like a pussy to me.

April 25th, 2013, 7:16 pm
Div 1 - Starter

DJ-B wrote:
Our Only Move UP option IMO would be to trade Pettigrew to the Raiders. They had weak TEs last year, and let their #1 walk away. They currently don't have a starting TE on the roster, and that move could make sense for both teams. I don't know if I'd also be willing to part with a Pick though, and then wed have to replace Pett, although there are a few good TEs in the draft and If we got a real WR#2 we can use Heller for Blocking and Scheff for Catching. Its not like Pett has been great at either (hes ok at both imo).

Giving up a starting TE (who's pretty decent) to move up two slots seems like a lot. Maybe if we could move up and then also get the Raiders' 3rd round pick too.

April 25th, 2013, 7:25 pm
QB Coach

Well, Fisher went #1. I'm hoping either Joeckel drops to the Lions, or they go with Ansah.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 8:20 pm
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Well, Fisher went #1. I'm hoping either Joeckel drops to the Lions, or they go with Ansah.

Joeckel gone at #2... ugh!

April 25th, 2013, 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Joeckel gone at #2... ugh!

Yeah I was just about to say, so much for that. We'll see what happens now.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 8:29 pm
QB Coach

Please don't be Detroit trading up with Oakland. Don't do it.

April 25th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Is Miami making the jump here?

April 25th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Hopefully the Lions can get some kind of offer to slide back.

April 25th, 2013, 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next