View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1 
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Round 1
#5 Oh well... Premium position, I can't complain after how the draft turned out... Ansah

I wish it wouldn't have been a project player, but oh well. We'll see I guess...

April 25th, 2013, 8:50 pm
QB Coach

I like it. By all reports this guy is a freak of an athlete and has a crazy upside. I read one analysis (I think it Mayock) who said in a few years this guy could be one of the most dominant defensive players in the league.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 8:51 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Terrible pick. I'd rather have seen them take a guard. This guy is half way through his prime at 24 years old and is a project.

April 25th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Team MVP

I'm okay with it. Would rather have the guard, but whatever.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 25th, 2013, 8:54 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I hope they can extend Stafford now and get Freeney to sign with them for a two year deal. He will be the perfect on field coach to teach Ansah pass rush moves. Freeney loves to teach young guys he goes back to 'Cuse every year and works with the team.

I would have rather seen Cooper even if they couldn't trade back he would have made an immediate impact. I don't see Ansah making an impact worthy of a top five pick until at least 2015.

April 25th, 2013, 8:54 pm
RIP Killer

The Lions take the one guys I really did not want. They take a project player at the deepest position in the draft. Mayhew/Schwartz - just may have just signed your own pink slips...

April 25th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Damn! I was really hoping they'd go with either Warmack, Cooper, or Milliner. What Pablo said--why take a gamble when you can get a DE in the 2nd round?

April 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm

He looked and sounded like he could give two $#!+$ about playing for the Lions. If they don't coach that damn Senior Bowl do they even consider him at that pick?

April 25th, 2013, 9:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
The Lions take the one guys I really did not want. They take a project player at the deepest position in the draft. Mayhew/Schwartz - just may have just signed your own pink slips...

I agree, I hate the pick. They could have traded back with STL and gotten an extra pick and probably a better DE...when has a project ever worked out for the Lions, besides that who takes a project as a top 5 pick? the Lions BPA philosophy is a lie, they just take whatever looks the shiniest after they ve been drinking...

April 25th, 2013, 9:21 pm
QB Coach

Suh tweeted:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 9:24 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't hate the pick, but I think it was a bit of a reach. If it doesn't pan out then maybe we won't have to put up with Mayhew anymore.

April 25th, 2013, 9:26 pm

So now do we sit and wait for the trade back into the 1st round to take a future bust at WR?

April 25th, 2013, 9:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I was ok with the Ansah Pick, but would have preffered warmack/cooper or trade down.

Milliner isnt a top 10,talent, hed be a 15-20 guy in any normal draft.

Considered the best DE int he drat, anything but a reach.

Ive read a TON about him, and his experience is the only issue (Who care about age , contract is 4-5 yrs, if hes a beast hell sign new 1 in 3-4, and be here until hes ~ 32 and then they can keep him or let him walk away).

Ill put a bunch of info in a thread about that pick specifically. We needed a De, we got the best in the draft. Now we just need an OT, OG, WR, and CB.

April 25th, 2013, 9:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

Wow, 3 straight Alabama players. That program is sick.

April 25th, 2013, 9:32 pm

I don't know about the best, most athletic with potential? Yes, but not the best at this point. The thing I like about him is at least he looks like a football player physically. At least now when they get on the field the second strongest looking guy won't be their WR. In all honesty though I saw Cooper having a bigger impact this year if the Lions picked him than any of the other non OTs at the top of the draft.

April 25th, 2013, 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next