View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Ansah it is 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Ansah it is
Terrible pick

April 25th, 2013, 8:51 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Ansah it is
Not horrible, but would rather have a guard. Ansah better be worth the risk.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 25th, 2013, 8:55 pm
QB Coach

Surprised we couldn't trade down but I guess they thought Ziggy was worth more than what was offered. Lets hope he's JPP and not whoever is a good example of a bust lol

April 25th, 2013, 8:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Even if they couldn't trade down they didn't have to take a guy who has 9 starts.....IN HIS LIFE!!

April 25th, 2013, 8:59 pm
QB Coach

Suh just tweeted:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Ansah has better measurables than JPP, and a non-stop motor.

Hell, his first interview on ESPN and he says the Lions are coming to the Super Bowl next year. Obviously not lacking for confidence.

April 25th, 2013, 9:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Ansah was a good pick, we needed a DE we took the highest ceiling DE of the draft... however he is raw and will probably not be that great this year.... might even end up costing them their jobs.

I would have rather had Terade Down, Warmack or Cooper, but im ok With Ansah. As long as it wasnt Milliner I was ok.

I have read a lot on Ansah, and will link it all here in awhile.

April 25th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:
Ansah was a good pick, we needed a DE we took the highest ceiling DE of the draft... however he is raw and will probably not be that great this year.... might even end up costing them their jobs.

I would have rather had Terade Down, Warmack or Cooper, but im ok With Ansah. As long as it wasnt Milliner I was ok.

I have read a lot on Ansah, and will link it all here in awhile.

This.

Risky pick, but could pay off in a big, big way.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 25th, 2013, 9:40 pm
RIP Killer

Let's see, Best was a high risk high reward pick - how did that work out (injuries). Titus Young, same thing (maturity). Not Ansah (lack of experience).

What was the last high risk high reward pick that panned out for the Lions? Shaun Rogers?

People who don't learn end up out of a job.

Then again, look at those hands and his legs look like tree trunks...

opps, wrong Ziggy.

April 25th, 2013, 9:46 pm
Profile WWW

They coached the guy. If they had any significant doubts, they wouldn't take him at 5. I'm cool with the pick, though as others have said, who knows when we'll be able to make a decision whether it was a good one or not.

April 25th, 2013, 9:49 pm
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
Let's see, Best was a high risk high reward pick - how did that work out (injuries). Titus Young, same thing (maturity). Not Ansah (lack of experience).

What was the last high risk high reward pick that panned out for the Lions? Shaun Rogers?

I think there's a fundamental difference between guys who you know are good but have tangible negative aspects and a guy who has shown nothing but good stuff, but hasn't been doing it very long. There are no tangible negatives with the guy. He might not pan out, because he does have very little experience. But I don't think it's the same kind of risk/reward as those other two. I think the worst case with Ansah is that he's a solid but unspectacular player. The best case is he's a superstar. Either way, still a player. With the other two, the worst case was them not being able to play at all. That's the difference to me.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 25th, 2013, 9:50 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
They coached the guy. If they had any significant doubts, they wouldn't take him at 5. I'm cool with the pick, though as others have said, who knows when we'll be able to make a decision whether it was a good one or not.

I think 2-3 years is the time frame to know. By that time I think he's either going to be one of the best defensive players in the league or just a decent DE.

April 25th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Ansah was also picked at #5 and a just another guy at DE won't cut it at that high of a pick. He's going to have to show considerable growth every season and be a 10+ sack guy from year three on.

April 25th, 2013, 9:53 pm
All State

They're going to use him as a Clay Matthews type I bet.

April 25th, 2013, 9:56 pm
QB Coach

Remember you heard it hear first:

Suh has de Ansah!

Suh, and Fairley with these guys training Ansah on what he's lacking, I think this could be a dangerous combination. I don't know what I think about the pick but didn't think Millner was a good choice for our secondary. With injury issues that could have been a problem. The guys from last year were injured during the off season and that killed us last year. Millner could have been a similar scenario.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 25th, 2013, 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next