View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 

Who do you want the Lions to draft @ #5
Poll ended at April 26th, 2013, 10:45 am
CB Dee Milliner 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
DE Dion Jordan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
DE Ziggy Ansah 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
OG Chance Warmack 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OT Luke Joeckel 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
OT Eric Fisher 56%  56%  [ 15 ]
Other 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27

Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Two Weeks - Who is your Guy?
Milliner or Warmack if Fisher and Joeckel are gone (and we can't trade back). I don't like the idea of taking the 3rd best anybody, especially not at #5.

April 21st, 2013, 9:34 pm

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Milliner or Warmack if Fisher and Joeckel are gone (and we can't trade back). I don't like the idea of taking the 3rd best anybody, especially not at #5.

projected 3rd best

April 22nd, 2013, 5:05 am

Killwill25 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

projected 3rd best

Sure, but everybody's a projection now, right?

April 22nd, 2013, 8:04 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:

I've never agreed with the idea that you don't take the third best at a position, but instead take the best at another position, with a high pick. Third best player is third best player, period. It doesn't matter if the two ahead of him were players at the same position or not. If the Lions draft board is:

1. Luke Joeckel'
2. Eric Fisher
3. Lane Johnson

and Johnson is there at five, they'd be idiots not to take him. Personally, I don't see Johnson as being the third best player available at that point, but my draft board and your draft board mean nothing. If in the eyes of the front office Lane Johnson is their third best player ranked overall, and he's there while Joeckel and Fisher are gone, you take Johnson and never question the pick because he happened to be the third offensive tackle. Beside which, to Killwill's point, third picked doesn't mean third best.

April 22nd, 2013, 9:57 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I've never agreed with the idea that you don't take the third best at a position, but instead take the best at another position, with a high pick. Third best player is third best player, period. It doesn't matter if the two ahead of him were players at the same position or not. If the Lions draft board is:

1. Luke Joeckel'
2. Eric Fisher
3. Lane Johnson

and Johnson is there at five, they'd be idiots not to take him. Personally, I don't see Johnson as being the third best player available at that point, but my draft board and your draft board mean nothing. If in the eyes of the front office Lane Johnson is their third best player ranked overall, and he's there while Joeckel and Fisher are gone, you take Johnson and never question the pick because he happened to be the third offensive tackle. Beside which, to Killwill's point, third picked doesn't mean third best.

Well said

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 22nd, 2013, 11:21 am

Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

told you. we never had a chance at ant of the top OTs. i just friggen hate this franchise sometimes

April 26th, 2013, 5:00 am
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

told you. we never had a chance at ant of the top OTs. i just friggen hate this franchise sometimes

You told us what? Lane Johnson WASN'T THERE. You said you'd take Ansah, and they did. So what's your problem?

April 26th, 2013, 10:15 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

You told us what? Lane Johnson WASN'T THERE. You said you'd take Ansah, and they did. So what's your problem?

HA beat me to it!

April 26th, 2013, 10:16 am

lol my ATL fan brother in law got onto my cpu and put that sh*t on there. im just seeing this now. tho he did tell me he would post something on here

April 26th, 2013, 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3