View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
The Lions found the Ansah at DE in round one, now it is on to rounds 2 and 3.

Detroit is scheduled to have the 4th pick. Will Mayhew go WR again? Can the Lions address the OL here? How about a trade down as someone moves up for a QB?

Post your thoughts on round one of the draft in this thread. Also, the chatroom will be open throughout rounds two and three - http://www.lionbacker.com/chat

Go Lions!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 26th, 2013, 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 654
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
Ill be in the chat. We're there a lot of people there yesterday? I couldn't make it.

Whoever It is, I just hope it fills a big need. A trade down wouldn't be bad.

_________________
Image


April 26th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: April 8th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Posts: 545
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
If one of the OTs has first round type talent and can start, then I'd say go either OT or WR Justin Hunter. I'm kind of hoping that they take the WR--we really need someone else out there who can get open and stretch the field for CJ and Bush.


April 26th, 2013, 1:22 pm
Profile
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have.

Jamar Taylor or Johnathan Banks (CBs) wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer picking Zack Eifert (TE) or Jason Hunter (WR).


April 26th, 2013, 1:28 pm
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
wjb21ndtown wrote:
At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have.

Jamar Taylor or Johnathan Banks (CBs) wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer picking Zack Eifert (TE) or Jason Hunter (WR).



Agree with this. And you mean Zach Ertz right? Just kidding. Ertz would be awesome IMO

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


April 26th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Profile
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have.

Jamar Taylor or Johnathan Banks (CBs) wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer picking Zack Eifert (TE) or Jason Hunter (WR).



Agree with this. And you mean Zach Ertz right? Just kidding. Ertz would be awesome IMO


No, I want the hybrid of Zack Ertz and Tyler Eifert! ;-)

Yea, sorry... My brain hurts... Too many Bass Ales last night.


April 26th, 2013, 1:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2284
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
Since my Post from the "Who to take in 2nd Rd thread" covers both 2nd and 3rd round, Ill just reformat that here.

2nd Round In order of Positional Preference:

TRADE DOWN

WR - Hunter, Woods, Allen - Need Compliment to CJ to Make offense Go. See Burleson/Young of 2011 vs Rotating #2 of 2012.

DE - Tank Carradine, Margus Hunt (Yes we need a 2nd DE unless you like Jason Jones as our #2 DE for the next few years)

OT - Watson - Raw and not sure he's worth #36 or even better than Hilliard/Fox, but If They choose Him I assume they think he and Reiff are our Starters for the next 4+ years and I would get it.

CB - Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks - Like Taylor at 36 and think hes worth it. Banks Only after trade back IMO, or if he somehow falls to #65.

S - Johnathan Cyprien, Philip Thomas - Not a Need per se, but could Understand it. Rather see if 1 falls to 3rd rd and pounce if they do.

3rd Round in No particular Order:

TRADE DOWN

OT - Terron Armstead - Small School, Will need some Development time. Measurables compare to Lane Johnson. 2nd Rd Value.

OG - Larry Warford, Brian Winters If Reiff is a Tackle and Nagy is a future Center we still need a G. If Nagy is a G in their Eyes well need a Center to develop later like Khaled Holmes or Brian Schwenke but not until 4th IMO.

LB - Arthur Brown, Sio Moore - Both are Late 2nd to Early 3rd values and would be Happy with either at Pick #65

TE - Zack Ertz - ALmost no Chance he fals this far but if he did hed be an excellent replacement for Pett when we likely let him walk next year.

I would be happy with any of these players, but as we have multiple choices available in each round I think we should get the better talents rather than specific positions, and make sure we are getting great value. Middle of this draft is awesome with depth at the positions we need, so lets make the most of it and trade down if possible.


April 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1387
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have.

Jamar Taylor or Johnathan Banks (CBs) wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer picking Zack Eifert (TE) or Jason Hunter (WR).



Agree with this. And you mean Zach Ertz right? Just kidding. Ertz would be awesome IMO


No, I want the hybrid of Zack Ertz and Tyler Eifert! ;-)

Yea, sorry... My brain hurts... Too many Bass Ales last night.


Wouldn't the Hybrid of the two guys be the same guy? They are almost identical already. lol


April 26th, 2013, 2:14 pm
Profile
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have.

Jamar Taylor or Johnathan Banks (CBs) wouldn't be bad, but I would prefer picking Zack Eifert (TE) or Jason Hunter (WR).



Agree with this. And you mean Zach Ertz right? Just kidding. Ertz would be awesome IMO


No, I want the hybrid of Zack Ertz and Tyler Eifert! ;-)

Yea, sorry... My brain hurts... Too many Bass Ales last night.


Wouldn't the Hybrid of the two guys be the same guy? They are almost identical already. lol


It was a joke!

I'll have to start putting (joke) after all of my non-serious posts for you ;-)... (joke!)


April 26th, 2013, 2:16 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
DJ-B wrote:
Since my Post from the "Who to take in 2nd Rd thread" covers both 2nd and 3rd round, Ill just reformat that here.

2nd Round In order of Positional Preference:

TRADE DOWN

WR - Hunter, Woods, Allen - Need Compliment to CJ to Make offense Go. See Burleson/Young of 2011 vs Rotating #2 of 2012.

DE - Tank Carradine, Margus Hunt (Yes we need a 2nd DE unless you like Jason Jones as our #2 DE for the next few years)

OT - Watson - Raw and not sure he's worth #36 or even better than Hilliard/Fox, but If They choose Him I assume they think he and Reiff are our Starters for the next 4+ years and I would get it.

CB - Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks - Like Taylor at 36 and think hes worth it. Banks Only after trade back IMO, or if he somehow falls to #65.

S - Johnathan Cyprien, Philip Thomas - Not a Need per se, but could Understand it. Rather see if 1 falls to 3rd rd and pounce if they do.

3rd Round in No particular Order:

TRADE DOWN

OT - Terron Armstead - Small School, Will need some Development time. Measurables compare to Lane Johnson. 2nd Rd Value.

OG - Larry Warford, Brian Winters If Reiff is a Tackle and Nagy is a future Center we still need a G. If Nagy is a G in their Eyes well need a Center to develop later like Khaled Holmes or Brian Schwenke but not until 4th IMO.

LB - Arthur Brown, Sio Moore - Both are Late 2nd to Early 3rd values and would be Happy with either at Pick #65

TE - Zack Ertz - ALmost no Chance he fals this far but if he did hed be an excellent replacement for Pett when we likely let him walk next year.

I would be happy with any of these players, but as we have multiple choices available in each round I think we should get the better talents rather than specific positions, and make sure we are getting great value. Middle of this draft is awesome with depth at the positions we need, so lets make the most of it and trade down if possible.


Nice breakdown, but you have players shown for the third round that I highly doubt will make it out of the second round. Ertz, Brown and Armstread are players I feel are second round locks. Moore and Warford I think go second round as well, and Winters may be the only one who actually slips to the Lions in the third. I'd be happy with many of them, but in certain circumstances would prefer the Lions move down some spots before taking those players.

In the third round, besides Winters, I wouldn't mind it if the Lions were able to have Sam Montgomery drop to them. Robert Alford, David Amerson, Jordan Poyer...all good picks in the third.

One player I want the Lions to stay away from is Damontre Moore. He's a complete douchebag who thinks himself as the second coming of Bruce Smith. Poor attitude, immaturity, and just a bad personality all around. He's got talent, to be sure. But we've already seen how an over-inflated ego can trump talent.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 26th, 2013, 3:17 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
Think the Lions need to address the WR deficiency at some point in the next 2 rounds. My preference would be Hunter in the 2nd, or Wheaton if they wait till the 3rd. Not that there won't be later round options at wide-out, but they need a guy with speed to take the top off. Don't think Allen or Woods fit that bill.
Agree with what wjb said, "At this point I don't think we'd be drafting an OT better than what we currently have."
If they like a Guard in the 3rd, or maybe better yet a multi position O-lineman later in the draft, works for me. Sio Moore is the only LB I'd take in this range, and not at 36. Would like a TE, but not this early (5th or 6th).


April 26th, 2013, 5:41 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Vet
User avatar

Joined: March 1st, 2010, 1:45 am
Posts: 111
Location: Stillwater, OK
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
Bit of a reach eh? 9th ranked CB. Would anyone care to explain the decision behind this.

_________________
Image


April 26th, 2013, 6:57 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3698
Location: WSU
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
Slay was the best of the remaining corners. I like the pick.


April 26th, 2013, 6:59 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Vet
User avatar

Joined: March 1st, 2010, 1:45 am
Posts: 111
Location: Stillwater, OK
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
The Legend wrote:
Slay was the best of the remaining corners. I like the pick.

I guess I haven't been following the prospects as closely as I had thought. I didn't know many of the cb's besides the top few. I really liked B.W. Webb wish they could have held off a few rounds to get him. I hope he was their BPA.

_________________
Image


April 26th, 2013, 7:02 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1387
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Rounds 2 & 3
The Legend wrote:
Slay was the best of the remaining corners. I like the pick.


I agree, he's a great pick


April 26th, 2013, 7:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.