View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Who do you like for the second round Lions pick? 
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Who do you like for the second round Lions pick?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

If we were going to go CB I would have preferred Taylor or Banks...

That said, I don't get it, primarily because we have 3 young, allegely good CBs on the roster. I would have preferred a WR. At least the two guys I really wanted us to take were off the board.

Still would have preferred Robert Woods or DeAndre Hopkins.

Hopkins was drafted yesterday, Taylor is a zone corner.

April 26th, 2013, 7:25 pm
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

That said, I don't get it, primarily because we have 3 young, allegely good CBs on the roster. I would have preferred a WR. At least the two guys I really wanted us to take were off the board.

Hopkins was drafted yesterday

See how good my players are... My 2nd rounders go in the first! ;-)...

I "watched" the draft at the bar... It's all a little foggy...

April 26th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

And as you alluded to, the Bass can do that to you.

April 26th, 2013, 7:29 pm
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

And as you alluded to, the Bass can do that to you.

$2 pints of Bass = good night, rough morning....

=)

April 26th, 2013, 7:37 pm
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

Slay is better than Banks. Teams like Banks bc of his height, little else. I liked Keenan Allen at WR but there s some question of a drug test and he ran a slow 40, maybe he ll continue to slide but he s fast enough on tape, runs good routes and has better hands than Justin Hunter. In the 3rd round, Im looking for a falling DE - Margus Hunt, Damontre Moore, Cornelius Washington, Sam Montgomery, Alex Okafor - if all gone then its time to add an interior o-lineman (Larry Warford, Dallas Thomas) or a wide receiver (Allen, Patton, Wheaton)

April 26th, 2013, 7:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Darius Slay good pick

Slay is better than Banks. Teams like Banks bc of his height, little else. I liked Keenan Allen at WR but there s some question of a drug test and he ran a slow 40, maybe he ll continue to slide but he s fast enough on tape, runs good routes and has better hands than Justin Hunter. In the 3rd round, Im looking for a falling DE - Margus Hunt, Damontre Moore, Cornelius Washington, Sam Montgomery, Alex Okafor - if all gone then its time to add an interior o-lineman (Larry Warford, Dallas Thomas) or a wide receiver (Allen, Patton, Wheaton)

Agreed.

April 26th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I know it isn't a priority position but if Lacy happens to still be there in the 3rd I think they have to take him and move LeShoure for what ever they can get. Lacy is a monster that can pass protect and has good hands out of the backfield. He would get those yards that the RBs left on the field last season and then some. If they flank Stafford with Lacy and Bush it would have defenses wondering what was coming.

April 26th, 2013, 8:17 pm

In the 3rd hes not a bad pick, but its right about where he should have gone. Lacy wasnt even the best RB on ALA roster, Yeldon was much much better. Lacy a product of running behind 3+ Draft Pick OL. We cant afford to waste picks in the 1 position were actually stocked well at besides DT (RB). If Leshoure, Bell, Bush cant get it done, its the Line/Playcalling, not the RBs thats the issue.

April 26th, 2013, 8:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

lacy s good but lions cant take a runner without the line being fixed.

April 26th, 2013, 9:41 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'm not convinced that the Lions can ever really have enough cornerbacks, given their past history. If they start the season with five or six healthy cornerbacks only one or two of them will be able to play at the end of the season and they'll have to sign guys off the streets to fill the slots.

April 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Veteran General Manager

Growler wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'm not convinced that the Lions can ever really have enough cornerbacks, given their past history. If they start the season with five or six healthy cornerbacks only one or two of them will be able to play at the end of the season and they'll have to sign guys off the streets to fill the slots.

In today's pass happy NFL, you need 4 CB's that you can rely on to start for you and 2 others that can play a roll for you. You also need 3 Safeties you can rely on to start for you and 1 other role player.

April 27th, 2013, 10:53 am
Growler wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I don't disagree with you, and I can't stand any of the 2012 CBs that we took, but taking a CB in the 2nd is more or less giving up on those guys, IMO. I think it was the right move, but I think it's an odd move at the same time, if that makes sense.

April 27th, 2013, 11:25 am
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Growler wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I don't disagree with you, and I can't stand any of the 2012 CBs that we took, but taking a CB in the 2nd is more or less giving up on those guys, IMO. I think it was the right move, but I think it's an odd move at the same time, if that makes sense.

I don't see how it's giving up on any of them. They haven't added any veteran CBs in the offseason, so all the young guys are going to see the field. I guess they still have Ron Bartell but he probably won't be much of a threat to the younger players. Greenwood and Green were taken in the 5th and 6th rounds, so they aren't meant to become your starters they were drafted to be Dime/Special teams players. If they did become more then that it's just a pleasant surprise. Bently is the only one kind of getting pushed down, but a Nickle CB is virtually a starter these days.

April 27th, 2013, 11:39 am
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Growler wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

When the Lions drafted those guys last year they still had Aaron Berry. In nickel situations the Lions would use Chris Houston and Berry outside with Eric Wright in the slot. They were ready to let Berry start opposite Houston based on how he did during the playoff season matched up on outside receivers. Bentley was really brought in to compete with Jacob Lacey to be the nickel/slot defender. Greenwood I think was brought in as a developmental player and wasnt expected to play a lot right away and the same with Green who at least got some exposure. I dont see the Slay pick as giving up on anybody unless Slay beats out Ron Bartell to start. Bentley if he s healthy should slide right in as projected as the nickelback and we can make judgement on him based on his performance there. Green is probably a little ahead of Greenwood on the depth chart but his performance last season was not all that encouraging so he might the one having the toughest battle for a roster spot but Greenwood should make the team again and finally get a chance to contribute.

April 27th, 2013, 11:57 am

The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Growler wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

When the Lions drafted those guys last year they still had Aaron Berry. In nickel situations the Lions would use Chris Houston and Berry outside with Eric Wright in the slot. They were ready to let Berry start opposite Houston based on how he did during the playoff season matched up on outside receivers. Bentley was really brought in to compete with Jacob Lacey to be the nickel/slot defender. Greenwood I think was brought in as a developmental player and wasnt expected to play a lot right away and the same with Green who at least got some exposure. I dont see the Slay pick as giving up on anybody unless Slay beats out Ron Bartell to start. Bentley if he s healthy should slide right in as projected as the nickelback and we can make judgement on him based on his performance there. Green is probably a little ahead of Greenwood on the depth chart but his performance last season was not all that encouraging so he might the one having the toughest battle for a roster spot but Greenwood should make the team again and finally get a chance to contribute.

I'd say there's a good chance we cut Bartell soon after the draft. Too pricy and no reason to keep him now.

April 27th, 2013, 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4