View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Day 3 targets 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Day 3 targets
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
rao wrote:
I think I'd also be willing to give up next years 3rd to get into the early part of the 4th to get Cornelius Washington.

There are still a handful of good DE available if that's where the Lions decide to go so we can wait til our pick. Next year is supposed to be a better draft so I don't want to be giving up future picks. If we hadn't done that last draft we'd have the #5 pick this round already instead of a LB who didn't do much and I'm afraid is going to have to start.

i agree the lions should get out of the business of giving away there future picks esp to give away one a round earlier. maybe if they gave next year's fourth for a mid-late fourth this year id be okay with it but probably not easy to find a suitor.

April 27th, 2013, 11:05 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
With Ansah, Slay and Warford all filling huge needs who are the players you want the Lions to go after? Remember the Lions have to wait until the end of the 4th round but still have 5 picks remaining today.

I am stunned that Okafor, ( Should have went at the top of the 2nd round ), is still available. I hope his slide continues until our comp pick so we can get bookend DE's.

I also like:

Barrett Jones
Phillip Thomas
Chase Thomas
Denard Robinson
Cornelius Washington
Khaled Holmes
Jeff Locke

April 27th, 2013, 11:07 am
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I won't lie, I don't pay much attention to the kids projected in the fourth on down, are there any olb left to fill the one glaring hole we have left?

i think so, Khasseem Greene or Devonte Holloman.

I think either of those guys could be a starter and I like Sean Porter and Gerald Hodges also. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll take a LB though since we drafted 2 last year and re-signed Levy and Palmer.

As for OL depth, as mentioned before there's a lot of centers available still and guys like David Quessenberry who can be a utility lineman and Reid Fragel and David Bakhitiari at OT

April 27th, 2013, 11:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I won't lie, I don't pay much attention to the kids projected in the fourth on down, are there any olb left to fill the one glaring hole we have left?

Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

April 27th, 2013, 11:11 am
Hall of Fame Player

There is also a darkhorse LT. The Ohio State kid. He switched to LT last season. So, he only has 1 year experience there. But, he survived a big ten schedule there.

Edited to add: he might be worth a 7th round pick.

April 27th, 2013, 11:14 am
#1 Overall Pick

The Legend wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
rao wrote:
I think I'd also be willing to give up next years 3rd to get into the early part of the 4th to get Cornelius Washington.

There are still a handful of good DE available if that's where the Lions decide to go so we can wait til our pick. Next year is supposed to be a better draft so I don't want to be giving up future picks. If we hadn't done that last draft we'd have the #5 pick this round already instead of a LB who didn't do much and I'm afraid is going to have to start.

i agree the lions should get out of the business of giving away there future picks esp to give away one a round earlier. maybe if they gave next year's fourth for a mid-late fourth this year id be okay with it but probably not easy to find a suitor.

I never understand the unwillingness to move a future mid round pick, if you feel a guy is a 3rd round talent there is no reason not to unload a future 3rd for him. It's no different than using the supplemental draft. Using the 3rd now means you get an extra year with a player instead of getting a guy next year. Again this only works if you agree that the guy fell and deserved to have been drafted the earlier round. If your grabbing guys you thought would be in the 4th round anyway your a very poor GM.

I think you could even make the argument to use that future 3rd to get Okafor, though he is a massive liability in run defense and doesn't have good speed, so he may have dropped for good reason. Okafor has such good production as a pass rusher though and he's still hard to ignore.

April 27th, 2013, 11:23 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Homer alert: Shoelace in the 5th and Kovacs in the 7th.

Also think a good safety or center would be great strategic moves--probably wouldn't play too much this year, but you'd be getting those replacements for Delmas and Dom in place.

Oh, and a punter.

April 27th, 2013, 11:27 am
Team MVP

Dang didn't realize khaseem Greene hasn't been picked yet. I'd trade up for him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 27th, 2013, 11:30 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
rao wrote:

I never understand the unwillingness to move a future mid round pick, if you feel a guy is a 3rd round talent there is no reason not to unload a future 3rd for him. It's no different than using the supplemental draft. Using the 3rd now means you get an extra year with a player instead of getting a guy next year. Again this only works if you agree that the guy fell and deserved to have been drafted the earlier round. If your grabbing guys you thought would be in the 4th round anyway your a very poor GM.

I think you could even make the argument to use that future 3rd to get Okafor, though he is a massive liability in run defense and doesn't have good speed, so he may have dropped for good reason. Okafor has such good production as a pass rusher though and he's still hard to ignore.

I agree with you its just Mayhew needs to stop doing this for players like Whiteside that maybe werent even going to get drafted

April 27th, 2013, 11:41 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Too bad we don't need an RB, lots of good ones left, IMO.

April 27th, 2013, 11:47 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

He's a DE in our scheme Billy. I'd love to have him, but Lions coaching staff had him at Senior Bowl, so maybe they aren't that high on him. One of my favorites for a late round pick (6th-7th) is DE Mike Catapano 6-4, 271 Princeton.

April 27th, 2013, 11:52 am
#1 Overall Pick

Gotta love all the QBs going in the 4th round giving the Lions a shot at a good player with their late 4th.

April 27th, 2013, 1:00 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Only 10 picks left, and there is a lot of talent left.

DT: Jessie Williams
DE: Cornelius Washington, William Gholston
RB: Johnathan Franklin, Marcus Lattimore, Andre Ellington
WR: Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, Ryan Swope
OT: Xavier Nixon, Quessenberry
CB: Jordan Poyer
LB: Chase Thomas, AJ Klein

April 27th, 2013, 1:12 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Shotty wrote:
Only 10 picks left, and there is a lot of talent left.

DT: Jessie Williams
DE: Cornelius Washington, William Gholston
RB: Johnathan Franklin, Marcus Lattimore, Andre Ellington
WR: Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, Ryan Swope
OT: Xavier Nixon, Quessenberry
CB: Jordan Poyer
LB: Chase Thomas, AJ Klein

Franklin went to GB to be paired with Lacey. That is going to be a dangerous combo to deal with 2 times a year.

April 27th, 2013, 1:35 pm
Team MVP

Ugh I hate the 49ers. I wanted us to grab Lattimore and sit him for a season. Amazingly talented kid with an injury bug. Worth the risk here

April 27th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next