View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Devon Taylor 4th round Comp. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Devon Taylor 4th round Comp.
I wanted Okafor to slide to us. I don't know much about Devon.

April 27th, 2013, 1:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Devon Taylor 4th round Comp.
Taylor is a well rounded DE that when he puts it all together will be what people were hoping to get from KVB when the Lions signed him.

April 27th, 2013, 1:54 pm
QB Coach

I don't know much either but I feel like there were some better DE options available.

April 27th, 2013, 1:55 pm
League MVP

Taylor has great measurables but looks slow and confused on his tape from senior year. was better earlier in his career but really didnt look like a good prospect recently.

April 27th, 2013, 1:56 pm
League MVP

Holloman from same team much better player and projects as starting NFL LB who can cover. Frustrating

April 27th, 2013, 1:58 pm
NFL Veteran

Not sure I'm a fan of this pick. Production decline every year in college and he's not physical. It seems like they are trying to get more length on the ends. Jones, Ansah, and Taylor are all long armed ends that knock down passes.

April 27th, 2013, 1:59 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Lions must see something. At the least, it won't be easy to throw over our DE's.

April 27th, 2013, 2:00 pm
rao wrote:
Not sure I'm a fan of this pick. Production decline every year in college and he's not physical. It seems like they are trying to get more length on the ends. Jones, Ansah, and Taylor are all long armed ends that knock down passes.

He is an athletic freak... Looks like we're picking more like the old Raiders.

April 27th, 2013, 2:03 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

He is an athletic freak... Looks like we're picking more like the old Raiders.

More like the old Chargers, the Raiders would have taken him 2 rounds earlier.

April 27th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Is big weakness is just not having dominating pass rush moves. He has a few different moves but none of them are wow moves. Taylor is another reason along with Ansah that I wouldn't mind seeing them find a way to land Freeney on a two year deal to help refine their pass rush moves. Taylor also has JJ Watt skills when it comes to tipping passes and even picked off a few and took then to the house.

April 27th, 2013, 2:12 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

sweetd20 wrote:
Is big weakness is just not having dominating pass rush moves. He has a few different moves but none of them are wow moves. Taylor is another reason along with Ansah that I wouldn't mind seeing them find a way to land Freeney on a two year deal to help refine their pass rush moves. Taylor also has JJ Watt skills when it comes to tipping passes and even picked off a few and took then to the house.

Expecting Washburn to work his magic with our young DE's.

April 27th, 2013, 2:17 pm
League MVP

sweetd20 wrote:

they are totally difft type of athlete than freeney, im not sure how much freeney can help them plus he s going to want $3-4 million that we dont have. probably will end up on a better team.

April 27th, 2013, 2:27 pm
NFL Veteran

The Legend wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

they are totally difft type of athlete than freeney, im not sure how much freeney can help them plus he s going to want $3-4 million that we dont have. probably will end up on a better team.

I agree. Freeny will be too expensive and way different body type. Too bad Jason Taylor wasn't still around, he's a guy that could teach these long athletes.

April 27th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Size doesn't matter when it comes to teaching pass rush moves and Freeney loves to teach his craft. He comes back 'Cuse every year to work with the young guys. I'd have no problem giving Freeney $2.5 million with incentives to get him to $4 million a year.

April 27th, 2013, 2:38 pm
League MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
Size doesn't matter when it comes to teaching pass rush moves and Freeney loves to teach his craft. He comes back 'Cuse every year to work with the young guys. I'd have no problem giving Freeney $2.5 million with incentives to get him to $4 million a year.

of course it does because freeney basically uses one or two moves. one is a crazy spin move he has and the other was essentially ripping around the outside and using his 4.4 speed. thats not what you are going to focus on with taylor or ansah

April 27th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next