View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Day 3 targets 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Re: Day 3 targets
Devin Taylor, don't get this pick, in the Senior Bowl wasn't impressed, lack of physicality.

April 27th, 2013, 1:51 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

DE Devin Taylor not a fan, ouch

April 27th, 2013, 1:52 pm
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Ugh I hate the 49ers. I wanted us to grab Lattimore and sit him for a season. Amazingly talented kid with an injury bug. Worth the risk here

Whole draft has gone that way. I would have liked to have seen us take Deon Sims with the pick that we traded to get stupid rectum Lewis.... IMO Sims would have been a better pick.

Johnson in the first, Hunter/Ertz in the 2nd, and I agree about Lattimore... The players that I wanted us to end up with were picked about 2-3 spots before we ended up picking.

Swope is probably going to get picked the pick before us... :-p

April 27th, 2013, 2:00 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

TRADE- to Seattle.

April 27th, 2013, 2:06 pm
liontrax wrote:
TRADE- to Seattle.

I doubt we would have made the trade if Dennard was there...

April 27th, 2013, 2:06 pm
QB Coach

Man I gotta go to work in an hour. Was hoping to see 2 of our 5 picks. What'd we get from Seattle?

April 27th, 2013, 2:09 pm
Heisman Winner

picks 165 and 199 this year.

April 27th, 2013, 2:11 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Their 5th and a 6th.

April 27th, 2013, 2:12 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
TRADE- to Seattle.

I doubt we would have made the trade if Dennard was there...

Glad he was gone! A player without a position.

April 27th, 2013, 2:14 pm
NFL Veteran

They must not have liked the players where they were because it seems bad to trade to the bottom of the 5th from the top just for what may as well be a 7th rd pick

April 27th, 2013, 2:16 pm
Walk On

rao wrote:
They must not have liked the players where they were because it seems bad to trade to the bottom of the 5th from the top just for what may as well be a 7th rd pick

The crazy part is Seattle has a Pick in the middle of both 5th & 6th Rounds and we settled for there garbage from other teams in the back of the 5th & 6th rounds. Who's deal making for us in the War Room, Matt Millen??

April 27th, 2013, 2:21 pm
NFL Veteran

It seems like they just took the first trade offered. Bad move.

April 27th, 2013, 2:22 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
rao wrote:
I think I'd also be willing to give up next years 3rd to get into the early part of the 4th to get Cornelius Washington.

There are still a handful of good DE available if that's where the Lions decide to go so we can wait til our pick. Next year is supposed to be a better draft so I don't want to be giving up future picks. If we hadn't done that last draft we'd have the #5 pick this round already instead of a LB who didn't do much and I'm afraid is going to have to start.

i agree the lions should get out of the business of giving away there future picks esp to give away one a round earlier. maybe if they gave next year's fourth for a mid-late fourth this year id be okay with it but probably not easy to find a suitor.

I never understand the unwillingness to move a future mid round pick, if you feel a guy is a 3rd round talent there is no reason not to unload a future 3rd for him. It's no different than using the supplemental draft. Using the 3rd now means you get an extra year with a player instead of getting a guy next year. Again this only works if you agree that the guy fell and deserved to have been drafted the earlier round. If your grabbing guys you thought would be in the 4th round anyway your a very poor GM.

I think you could even make the argument to use that future 3rd to get Okafor, though he is a massive liability in run defense and doesn't have good speed, so he may have dropped for good reason. Okafor has such good production as a pass rusher though and he's still hard to ignore.

I agree with you its just Mayhew needs to stop doing this for players like Whiteside that maybe werent even going to get drafted

We did just trade our 5th round pick #137 overall to the Seahawks for pick 165 overall that they had gotten from the Ravens. I don't know what else we got from the trade yet.

April 27th, 2013, 2:22 pm
Walk On

We should have gotten the 25 and 26 of both the 5th & 6th Rounds and we settled for Seattle's 30th & 32. Please tell me we got a 4th next year or something. We don't have the luxury to fall back this late in the rounds.

April 27th, 2013, 2:24 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
rao wrote:
I think I'd also be willing to give up next years 3rd to get into the early part of the 4th to get Cornelius Washington.

There are still a handful of good DE available if that's where the Lions decide to go so we can wait til our pick. Next year is supposed to be a better draft so I don't want to be giving up future picks. If we hadn't done that last draft we'd have the #5 pick this round already instead of a LB who didn't do much and I'm afraid is going to have to start.

i agree the lions should get out of the business of giving away there future picks esp to give away one a round earlier. maybe if they gave next year's fourth for a mid-late fourth this year id be okay with it but probably not easy to find a suitor.

I never understand the unwillingness to move a future mid round pick, if you feel a guy is a 3rd round talent there is no reason not to unload a future 3rd for him. It's no different than using the supplemental draft. Using the 3rd now means you get an extra year with a player instead of getting a guy next year. Again this only works if you agree that the guy fell and deserved to have been drafted the earlier round. If your grabbing guys you thought would be in the 4th round anyway your a very poor GM.

I think you could even make the argument to use that future 3rd to get Okafor, though he is a massive liability in run defense and doesn't have good speed, so he may have dropped for good reason. Okafor has such good production as a pass rusher though and he's still hard to ignore.

I agree with you its just Mayhew needs to stop doing this for players like Whiteside that maybe werent even going to get drafted

We did just trade our 5th round pick #137 overall to the Seahawks for pick 165 overall that they had gotten from the Ravens. I don't know what else we got from the trade yet.

We also got thee 199th.

April 27th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next