View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Day 3 targets 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Day 3 targets
Sam Martin P, App State

April 27th, 2013, 3:27 pm
BillySims wrote:
Sam Martin P, App State

Horrible pick, IMO.

April 27th, 2013, 3:28 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Sam Martin P, App State

Horrible pick, IMO.

Why? We need a Punter.

April 27th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Really?!?!?! A punter in the 5th round? They could have taken one at the end of the 7th, priority UDFA, or wait until cuts started happening. Unbelievable!

April 27th, 2013, 3:30 pm
RIP Killer

You expected a different reaction from wjb? Are you new here?

Wjb, you complained more about Harris than anyone last season.

April 27th, 2013, 3:31 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Sam Martin P, App State

Horrible pick, IMO.

Why? We need a Punter.

We signed some jackass already, and we have needs at #2 WR with some pretty damn good talent still on the board. I'm pissed about this pick.

5th Round Pick - Traded

Can't believe the Lions feel their roster is so well stocked that they can waste a pick on someone that kicks the ball.

conversion02 wrote:
You expected a different reaction from wjb? Are you new here?

Wjb, you complained more about Harris than anyone last season.

I can't stand Harris, but we already signed a punter and we could have picked one up later. We have much more pressing needs on this team that could have been addressed with some solid talent here.

April 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm
RIP Killer

How many 5th round picks have panned out for this team? It's not like you're missing out on some excellent player. It's a crapshoot developmental player who likely wont see a piss worth of PT, or you could take the player at a position of need...unless you think that guy from the CFL is going to be good.

April 27th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Veteran General Manager

sweetd20 wrote:
Really?!?!?! A punter in the 5th round? They could have taken one at the end of the 7th, priority UDFA, or wait until cuts started happening. Unbelievable!

You must have really enjoyed all those 25 yard shanks we seen last year when we needed a 60 yard boomer.

April 27th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Sam Martin P, App State

Horrible pick, IMO.

Why? We need a Punter.

Why sign Havard Rugland and than take a P IN THE 5TH ROUND!?!? we couldn't have atleast waited 6 picks?

April 27th, 2013, 3:36 pm
conversion02 wrote:
How many 5th round picks have panned out for this team? It's not like you're missing out on some excellent player. It's a crapshoot developmental player who likely wont see a piss worth of PT, or you could take the player at a position of need...unless you think that guy from the CFL is going to be good.

DaRick Rodgers or Swope would have been much better picks. We picked some jackass punter from App St. that was projected to be a UDFA in the 5th round, with some pretty damn good talent on the board.

April 27th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Sam Martin P, App State

Horrible pick, IMO.

Why? We need a Punter.

We signed some jackass already, and we have needs at #2 WR with some pretty damn good talent still on the board. I'm pissed about this pick.

That "Jackass" was signed as a Kicker. We have enough offensive options that I am not concerned about #2 WR. We do have Broyles who will be back. We do have Burleson who will be back. Oh that's right. You want Burleson gone.

April 27th, 2013, 3:38 pm
League MVP

i think they really needed a punter, this guy they drafted came into the facility so it sounds like the lions researched him pretty well. alternatively they may have locked in on him and not looked at other players. IMO Brad Wing from LSU has really great talent but maybe bc of some character issues the Lions didnt even bother. I havent seen the guy we got play but I agree with the need, probably early though. We still havent added a WR or OLB but im sick of seeing nick harris and that australian bum we had

April 27th, 2013, 3:39 pm
NFL Veteran

The Vikes took a Punter already in the round and a Kicker went on the next pick. Seems like other teams also thought it was a good time to go special teams.

April 27th, 2013, 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next