View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A Punter in the 5th. 
Walk On

Post A Punter in the 5th.
No comment, I guess Fuller or Rambo would be more pressing at our respective positions. Replacing Burelson and Louis "10 Games" Delmas.

April 27th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Mufasa wrote:
No comment, I guess Fuller or Rambo would be more pressing at our respective positions. Replacing Burelson and Louis "10 Games" Delmas.

I'm pissed about this pick.

April 27th, 2013, 3:37 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.

April 27th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Walk On

conversion02 wrote:
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.

We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Glover Quin than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.

Last edited by Mufasa on April 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2013, 3:42 pm
Butkus Award Winner

If Da'Rick Rogers is picked before our next pick (4th pick in the 6th) I'll be pretty disappointed.

Also, this is the epitome of what happens to very talented players who have those character issues that I can't stand, but at the same time, I would think you were joking if you told me BOTH Rogers AND Rambo would be here in the 6th. Either would be a fantastic pickup.

April 27th, 2013, 3:42 pm
RIP Killer

....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round.... Remember when people in here were so pissed when Adrain McPherson lasted until like round 6 about 7 years ago, and he was supposed to be a 1-2 round talent? Yeah, dude never played a snap in the league.

There's a reason these guys make a good living scouting players.

April 27th, 2013, 3:44 pm
Rodgers, Swope or Rambo should have been the pick. All would have contributed, and we have a damn punter.

If it was Locke I could have understood, but this guy was a projected UDFA. Ri-damn-diculous.

April 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm
NFL Veteran

If both Rambo and Rogers have fell this far they probably had bad interviews and got taken completely off teams boards.

April 27th, 2013, 3:46 pm
RIP Killer

Chiefs just got a C who was likely to be a UDFA,are they idiots too?

And they just took a big WR

April 27th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Walk On

conversion02 wrote:
....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round....

Yea, and obviously those scouts are on other teams and not ours.

April 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:
Chiefs just got a C who was likely to be a UDFA,are they idiots too?

Yes the Chiefs are idiots but for completely different reasons than drafting a Center.

April 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Groves than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.

And he is still there for us at pick #171.

And there is your WR wjb.
Cory Fuller Virginia Tech.

April 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round....

Yea, and obviously those scouts are on other teams and not ours.

What's your point? It's not just the lions scouts that don't seem to see the value. There's obviously things the lions and 31 other teams don't like about those guys and every team obviously has many other players who are worth more to their club.

April 27th, 2013, 3:51 pm
BillySims wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Groves than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.

That doesn't mean it was a good decision. I highly doubt anyone would have drafted our "new punter" at all, let alone in the 5th round.

April 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

That doesn't mean it was a good decision. I highly doubt anyone would have drafted our "new punter" at all, let alone in the 5th round.

Well the very fact that you would have drafted the guy you wanted with an earlier pick and he was available at a later pick, indicates that you suck as a General Manager and you are fired!!!!!! LOL.

April 27th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next