View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A Punter in the 5th. 
Author Message
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post A Punter in the 5th.
No comment, I guess Fuller or Rambo would be more pressing at our respective positions. Replacing Burelson and Louis "10 Games" Delmas.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


April 27th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Mufasa wrote:
No comment, I guess Fuller or Rambo would be more pressing at our respective positions. Replacing Burelson and Louis "10 Games" Delmas.


I'm pissed about this pick.


April 27th, 2013, 3:37 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 27th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.


We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Glover Quin than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


Last edited by Mufasa on April 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



April 27th, 2013, 3:42 pm
Profile
Butkus Award Winner

Joined: July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am
Posts: 655
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
If Da'Rick Rogers is picked before our next pick (4th pick in the 6th) I'll be pretty disappointed.

Also, this is the epitome of what happens to very talented players who have those character issues that I can't stand, but at the same time, I would think you were joking if you told me BOTH Rogers AND Rambo would be here in the 6th. Either would be a fantastic pickup.

_________________
Image


April 27th, 2013, 3:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round.... Remember when people in here were so pissed when Adrain McPherson lasted until like round 6 about 7 years ago, and he was supposed to be a 1-2 round talent? Yeah, dude never played a snap in the league.

There's a reason these guys make a good living scouting players.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 27th, 2013, 3:44 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Rodgers, Swope or Rambo should have been the pick. All would have contributed, and we have a damn punter.

If it was Locke I could have understood, but this guy was a projected UDFA. Ri-damn-diculous.


April 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1387
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
If both Rambo and Rogers have fell this far they probably had bad interviews and got taken completely off teams boards.


April 27th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Chiefs just got a C who was likely to be a UDFA,are they idiots too?

And they just took a big WR

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 27th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
conversion02 wrote:
....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round....

There's a reason these guys make a good living scouting players.


Yea, and obviously those scouts are on other teams and not ours.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


April 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
conversion02 wrote:
Chiefs just got a C who was likely to be a UDFA,are they idiots too?


Yes the Chiefs are idiots but for completely different reasons than drafting a Center.


April 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.


We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Groves than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.


And he is still there for us at pick #171.

And there is your WR wjb.
Cory Fuller Virginia Tech.


April 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
....and yet, teams continually pass over him in the 6th round....

There's a reason these guys make a good living scouting players.


Yea, and obviously those scouts are on other teams and not ours.


What's your point? It's not just the lions scouts that don't seem to see the value. There's obviously things the lions and 31 other teams don't like about those guys and every team obviously has many other players who are worth more to their club.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 27th, 2013, 3:51 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
BillySims wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.


We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Groves than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.


And he is still there for us at pick #171.

And there is your WR wjb.
Cory Fuller Virginia Tech.


That doesn't mean it was a good decision. I highly doubt anyone would have drafted our "new punter" at all, let alone in the 5th round.


April 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7446
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Yeah,because everyone knows you get starters in the 5th. Most 5th rounders are fringe players or get cut. If your 5th rounders are starting, you have a problem, unless you struck gold one out of the 10 times.

And seriously, it was the last non-comp pick in the 5th...not like it was 30 picks earlier.


We all saw what a ballhawk Rambo was in the Senior Bowl and we need safety depth. So he's got character issues based on your statement he's gonna be cut anyways, so why not take a chance on a future starter next to Groves than a punter. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd minus character issues.


And he is still there for us at pick #171.

And there is your WR wjb.
Cory Fuller Virginia Tech.


That doesn't mean it was a good decision. I highly doubt anyone would have drafted our "new punter" at all, let alone in the 5th round.


Well the very fact that you would have drafted the guy you wanted with an earlier pick and he was available at a later pick, indicates that you suck as a General Manager and you are fired!!!!!! LOL.


April 27th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hystrix, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.