View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 8:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 A Punter in the 5th. 
Author Message
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
A 4-12 team shouldn't even be thinking about drafting a punter.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


April 27th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Killwill25 wrote:
A 4-12 team shouldn't even be thinking about drafting a punter.


A 4-12 team obviously needs a punter.


April 27th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3798
Location: WSU
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
I think we really needed the punter. We ve lost games due to special teams repeatedly over the past few seasons especially last season. I have no problem with them drafting one. Its not like they are taking a punter every year. Its a huge hole that needs to be filled and I think they researched him pretty well.


April 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
We had far bigger holes to fill before drafting a punter.


April 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10336
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
With talent like Tahir whitehead and jonte green? A punter will contribute more than any of those guys.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 27th, 2013, 4:08 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3798
Location: WSU
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
conversion02 wrote:
With talent like Tahir whitehead and jonte green? A punter will contribute more than any of those guys.



exactly


April 27th, 2013, 4:09 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
They aren't filling holes with late 5th round or 6th round talent unless those hole are on special teams. Every player they look at right now will be developmental unless they hit the lottery.


April 27th, 2013, 4:11 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3873
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Look, it's a position of need, and if the kid is good for us for 8-10 years it will have been a damn fine LATE 5th rd pick. It wasn't sexy, but if he is who we like then I'm glad we made sure we got him. Let's not act like its a guarantee that he comes here if he were an UDFA.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 27th, 2013, 4:24 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
regularjoe12 wrote:
Look, it's a position of need, and if the kid is good for us for 8-10 years it will have been a damn fine LATE 5th rd pick. It wasn't sexy, but if he is who we like then I'm glad we made sure we got him. Let's not act like its a guarantee that he comes here if he were an UDFA.


So you draft him in the 7th...


April 27th, 2013, 4:25 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3873
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Look, it's a position of need, and if the kid is good for us for 8-10 years it will have been a damn fine LATE 5th rd pick. It wasn't sexy, but if he is who we like then I'm glad we made sure we got him. Let's not act like its a guarantee that he comes here if he were an UDFA.


So you draft him in the 7th...


Other teams start drafting kickers in the 6th. If they KNEW he was the guy to get...get him. This was essentially a 6th rd pick.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 27th, 2013, 4:27 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
A bad move was taking a Punter in the 5th round when you have Chris Kluwe one of the best punters in your franchise history.


April 27th, 2013, 4:31 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
rao wrote:
A bad move was taking a Punter in the 5th round when you have Chris Kluwe one of the best punters in your franchise history.



Really?

http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/27/the- ... ris-kluwe/

On top of that, like I said, if it was Locke I wouldn't have been mad. He was at least considered a "value" there. I don't see how Mayhew can say BPA for our picks this year.


April 27th, 2013, 4:47 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
A bad move was taking a Punter in the 5th round when you have Chris Kluwe one of the best punters in your franchise history.



Really?

http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/27/the- ... ris-kluwe/

On top of that, like I said, if it was Locke I wouldn't have been mad. He was at least considered a "value" there. I don't see how Mayhew can say BPA for our picks this year.


Kluwe still has a decent average and doesn't kick touchbacks. They had a punter that plays well. The Lions have a guy thats been out of football and nothing else.


April 27th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Profile
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
A bad move was taking a Punter in the 5th round when you have Chris Kluwe one of the best punters in your franchise history.



Really?

http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/27/the- ... ris-kluwe/

On top of that, like I said, if it was Locke I wouldn't have been mad. He was at least considered a "value" there. I don't see how Mayhew can say BPA for our picks this year.


Kluwe still has a decent average and doesn't kick touchbacks. They had a punter that plays well. The Lions have a guy thats been out of football and nothing else.


It's not about who either team had, it's about who the respective teams drafted. They drafted the best punter in the draft, we drafted some scrub from App St., big difference.


April 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1412
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: A Punter in the 5th.
Martin would have had the 7 highest Punt average compared to the division 1-A punters.


April 27th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: munch107, The Legend and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.