View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cut Joey or not 

Cut Joey or leave thing the way they are??
Poll ended at February 6th, 2005, 11:06 am
yes 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
no 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 11

Cut Joey or not 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Cut Joey or not
Cut Joey or leave things the way they are?

January 12th, 2005, 11:06 am
Site Admin

ppl prolly know already that I am not a big Joey guy but that being said if Dilfer can make it to the big dance than Joey has a chance assuming the rest of the team keeps developing. I think Average Joe can do well if Williams gets back to form, Chucky stays heatly, and Jones continues to develope. I do think a pay reduction is a great idea though.

January 12th, 2005, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Maybe you threaten the man enough he will come out and have a year like Brees had.

It really has to suck for Harrington he is the QB with out a home. Some people support him and others cant stand him. I feel bad for the guy. But my advice to him is WIN SOME DAMN GAMES then people will appreacite him.

January 12th, 2005, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Cut Joey or not
lionsfanva wrote:
Cut Joey or leave things the way they are?

How bout keep Joey and change the way things are. What I mean is it already looks like 2 out of our 3 QBs are going to be new - do we want 3 new QBs next year - NO.

I've seen enough bad from Joey to make me crazy but enough good to give him another shot.

January 12th, 2005, 11:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo makes a damn good point. Three new quarterbacks will set this team back too far. Plus, I don't think a quarterback change will upgrade the offense unless the scheme changes as well. If Rogers, Williams and Jones stay healthy, the Lions get a viable receiving tight end and the O-line is improved some, then Bozo the Clown could play QB and get the job done.

January 12th, 2005, 2:26 pm
QB Coach

See, I don't know if we will have a chance to pick up a guy like Drew Brees or Matt Hasselbeck next year, if Joey falters, like Mariucci and Lewis think he will. Brees and Hasselbeck are franchise QBs, that have proven themselves in this league and could run Mariucci's WCO. Cutting Harrington and bringing them in would be an upgrade, and could fix our offense, as Sherman Lewis indicates.

I wouldn't cut Joey until I have an accurate understanding of whether or not he will develop into a good quarterback. The Lions have always had a great number of drops, Joey hasn't been able to play with Charles, and the running game is just starting to get going. I'd give him another year, but the coaching staff seems adament that he isn't our starter.

My vote is to keep him, unless we can get Drew Brees or Matt Hasselbeck. Then cut him.

January 12th, 2005, 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Let's be realistic for a monent here......

How many of you actually think that Brees will be an UFA next year? Do you honestly think S.D. will let him walk? If they do, that franchise is run worse that I thought.

Do any of you think Hasselbeck is that good? I can't believe how people go on about him. I haven't seen that much good from him, and living in Alaska I am forced to watch them almost every week if I want to watch a noon game. I'm not saying he's exactly Eric Hipple, but he's no Joe Montana.

I say keep Harrington for another year. If his numbers don't improve with a full compliment of available talent, look elsewhere.

January 13th, 2005, 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]