View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Barry Sanders Madden cover 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Barry Sanders Madden cover
The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
barry is probably the most popular player to play. it seems like everyone loves him. i will forever be grateful to him for retiring instead of playing for another team

imagine calvin johnson retires via fax the night before training camp is set to start and the lions go on to make the playoffs but lose in the first round? you are going to love him forever? i think not.

If all we ever got for him to throw the ball was Joey Harrington types, I'd understand why he'd do it. So while I would be disappointed, I would not hate him for it.

I understand why Barry quit.....you still don't, hence the resentment.

Seriously, read his book, then come back and see if you still see things the same way.

April 29th, 2013, 8:23 pm
RIP Killer

Barry's book was pretty good. The video it came with took me back to when I honestly didn't care so much about the wins or losses, but moreso waiting to see Barry do something amazing. Those chances are rare.

April 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
barry is probably the most popular player to play. it seems like everyone loves him. i will forever be grateful to him for retiring instead of playing for another team

imagine calvin johnson retires via fax the night before training camp is set to start and the lions go on to make the playoffs but lose in the first round? you are going to love him forever? i think not.

If all we ever got for him to throw the ball was Joey Harrington types, I'd understand why he'd do it. So while I would be disappointed, I would not hate him for it.

Seriously, read his book, then come back and see if you still see things the same way.

read the book, feel the same way i did when he snubbed everyone all offseason and then no showed and disappeared on what was a pretty well rebuilt team, designed around barry

April 29th, 2013, 11:12 pm
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

read the book, feel the same way i did when he snubbed everyone all offseason and then no showed and disappeared on what was a pretty well rebuilt team, designed around barry

Really? "Designed around Barry"? So, great OL, solid O-scheme, continuity of coaches, commitment to the running game, offset by a solid passing game, solid D?

I don't think so... We had a new HC that Barry disagreed with, a crappy OL, no continuity, and worst of all, NO TEAM IDENTITY.

April 29th, 2013, 11:15 pm

yeah, awful coach that helped barry get a 2000 yard season by running real plays for him with a lead back instead of giving it to him on draws every play. anyway i addressed the team composition, it was pretty solid and beat 4 division winning teams WITHOUT barry - even though the whole f...ing thing was designed for him

April 29th, 2013, 11:21 pm
The Legend wrote:
yeah, awful coach that helped barry get a 2000 yard season by running real plays for him with a lead back instead of giving it to him on draws every play. anyway i addressed the team composition, it was pretty solid and beat 4 division winning teams WITHOUT barry - even though the whole f...ing thing was designed for him

Barry was replaced with 1,000 yard James Stewart who ran for 10 TDs... It's not like Barry left and wasn't replaced.

I don't see how you can say that the team was "designed" for him. We didn't retain OLman, we didn't "fix" the OL, we had a terrible OL, yet we "built" our team around a running back, whose best friend is a solid offensive line.

What a load of crap.

April 29th, 2013, 11:31 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Barry was replaced with 1,000 yard James Stewart who ran for 10 TDs... It's not like Barry left and wasn't replaced.

I don't see how you can say that the team was "designed" for him. We didn't retain OLman, we didn't "fix" the OL, we had a terrible OL, yet we "built" our team around a running back, whose best friend is a solid offensive line.

What a load of crap.

that was a year later - barry was replaced with ron rivers and greg hill since he quit the day before training camp practices began and the roster was essentially set. yes they did go after OLman, ray roberts, barret brooks as fa and replaced glover with mike compton who had a very good career. they drafted hartings...your memory on this is obviously off.

in barry s book and in interviews he says he knew was done during his final game the prior season - i still havent found an acceptable explanation for why someone would know that and go 7-8 months snubbing the head coach and retiring in the least professional and most disgraceful way possible. so disgraceful that he said nothing for years and had to write a book years later to attempt to explain it

April 29th, 2013, 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3