View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Tim Tebow, Lions H-back 
Walk On

Post Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
Signing Tim Tebow to the minimum to come in as a H-back/Fullback duties and various goal line packages and even kick returns. Thoughts??

April 30th, 2013, 1:48 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Tim Tebow, Lions H-back
Mufasa wrote:
Signing Tim Tebow to the minimum to come in as a H-back/Fullback duties and various goal line packages and even kick returns. Thoughts??

Oh, Jesus!

April 30th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

Mufasa wrote:

Why?

April 30th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Modmin Dude

Mufasa wrote:
Source? Or is this just an 'idea'?

April 30th, 2013, 2:23 pm
Walk On

TheRealWags wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

To make conversation, just an idea. See I value your opinions and Mayhew commented in a radio interview, by not closing the door on him when asked. It's the off season, what else do we have.

April 30th, 2013, 2:28 pm
Walk On

rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Why?

I just think Linehan could really utilize him as another offensive weapon in his offense. As long as it's a clear cut Non-QB role. Just to squash the media frenzy, don't even give him a QB# maybe #45. Lol!!

April 30th, 2013, 2:34 pm
Modmin Dude

Mufasa wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

To make conversation, just an idea. See I value your opinions and Mayhew commented in a radio interview, by not closing the door on him when asked. It's the off season, what else do we have.
Saw something about Mayhew's comments. While I don't think they'll bring Tebow in (too much of a media circus for a team that lacks focus - not good IMO) it was smart of Mayhew to not rule anything out.

April 30th, 2013, 2:34 pm
3rd Round Selection

I agree with Bill Barnwell here: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... hard-tebow

Roster spots in the NFL are precious. It doesn't make sense to use one on someone who needs to learn a whole new position, where that position isn't of significant value, and that person brings a media circus with them.

April 30th, 2013, 2:38 pm
Team MVP

I wouldnt mind him. But ONLY as that position.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 30th, 2013, 2:38 pm
Walk On

UK Lion wrote:
I agree with Bill Barnwell here: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... hard-tebow

Roster spots in the NFL are precious. It doesn't make sense to use one on someone who needs to learn a whole new position, where that position isn't of significant value, and that person brings a media circus with them.

What's the difference from had they drafted Denard Robinson other than Kick Returner. I'm sure they would use Tebow in very similar packages. They both playmakers, Elusive, and Ex-QB turned RB/HB's. The difference Denard youth/slightly faster versus experience. I think if you give him a clear cut position with a non-qb number and short leash, the media doesn't have a leg to stand on. An he doesn't have to make the team, see how the summer play out with all the elements that surrounds him as far as keeping him for the season.

April 30th, 2013, 2:48 pm
NFL Veteran

Mufasa wrote:
rao wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Why?

I just think Linehan could really utilize him as another offensive weapon in his offense. As long as it's a clear cut Non-QB role. Just to squash the media frenzy, don't even give him a QB# maybe #45. Lol!!

I don't think you can squash his media frenzy. I don't want to sound anti-religion, but Tebow is to out-spoken about his faith and will always use the NFL as a way to promote it. He will bring the media on himself and that's without even counting all the sports media that will want to follow his progress.

Now if you could take the media out of it, let say Tebow starts avoiding interviews and sports media gets bored, you still have to deal with the fact Tebow can't play any position. He has never learned how to block or catch, his vision as a runner is terrible, and I would have to assume his route running is awful too. I would much rather find a semi-pro or collegiate basketball player and teach him how to block, at least they would have good hands, understand positioning and know how to high point a ball.

The fact is you can find a young guy in free agency at any position you would put Tebow that has a better base and maybe even a higher ceiling than Tebow does while also currently being a better player.

April 30th, 2013, 2:57 pm
NFL Veteran

Mufasa wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

What's the difference from had they drafted Denard Robinson other than Kick Returner. I'm sure they would use Tebow in very similar packages. They both playmakers, Elusive, and Ex-QB turned RB/HB's. The difference Denard youth/slightly faster versus experience. I think if you give him a clear cut position with a non-qb number and short leash, the media doesn't have a leg to stand on. An he doesn't have to make the team, see how the summer play out with all the elements that surrounds him as far as keeping him for the season.

Slightly faster?? Robinson is fast for a WR, Tebow is average at best for a TE his size. Also Robinson has been receptive to the change even while in college, Tebow has refused to play anything except QB and couldn't find a team willing to give up even a 7th rd pick for him because of it. These two players are going to be nothing alike in their transitions if Tebow ever gives up on being a QB.

April 30th, 2013, 3:06 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Mufasa wrote:

I'd rather chew off my own leg and beat myself to death with it than see that happen,

I would rather have sex with a broken bottle than see that happen,

I would rather be thrown into a tank filled with Sharks with fricken lasers attached to their fricked foreheads than see that happen,

I would rather be eaten alive by a pack of wild Ferrits than see that happen,

I say no!

April 30th, 2013, 4:56 pm
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I'd rather chew off my own leg and beat myself to death with it than see that happen,

I would rather have sex with a broken bottle than see that happen,

I would rather be thrown into a tank filled with Sharks with fricken lasers attached to their fricked foreheads than see that happen,

I would rather be eaten alive by a pack of wild Ferrits than see that happen,

I say no!

Thank you for your thoughts.

April 30th, 2013, 6:38 pm
I actually wouldn't mind the signing. We could dump Hill, who, IMO adds nothing to this team at this point (and by dumping Hill I mean get something for him before the trade deadline... I do think there is a team that would give up a 2014 5th round pick for a good solid backup, or possibly even look at him as a starter, while they're grooming a rookie. He has good numbers.) He can play H-back and TE, and be our backup Qb. As a backup Qb he can win games. Why not?

April 30th, 2013, 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next