View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Which NFL Team Had Your Favorite Draft? 
Post Which NFL Team Had Your Favorite Draft?
I really like what Jacksonville did in the draft, but San Fran probably had my favorite draft. I'm really liking what they're doing as an organization.

I think Phili and GB had great drafts as well.

April 29th, 2013, 1:14 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Which NFL Team Had Your Favorite Draft?
I think the Bengals had a pretty solid draft overall. The Ravens and Falcons first 2 picks look good but there's not much after that, except the Ravens always draft pretty well so I'm sure these guys will be contributors.

I do like a lot of the 9ers picks as well. Wish we'd had that many. Even if only half of them make the roster that's 5 role players.

April 29th, 2013, 2:08 am
Butkus Award Winner

49ers by far, the rich got richer. They got Eric Reid, quinton Patton, tank carridine, Vance McDonald, Marcus Lattimore, and some other guys who will eventually be big role players. On top of all this, they have AJ Jenkins waiting in the wings.

I don't know who their GM is, but he's fantastic at all aspect of the GM job.

April 29th, 2013, 7:21 am
Shotty wrote:
49ers by far, the rich got richer. They got Eric Reid, quinton Patton, tank carridine, Vance McDonald, Marcus Lattimore, and some other guys who will eventually be big role players. On top of all this, they have AJ Jenkins waiting in the wings.

I don't know who their GM is, but he's fantastic at all aspect of the GM job.

I agree.

April 29th, 2013, 7:33 am
NFL Veteran

I really like what the 49ers did, but all the credit goes to that coaching staff. Harbaugh took virtually the same team that got the previous coaches fired and turned them into a powerhouse. If it wasn't for Harbaugh bringing that team together in the locker room and correcting players like Alex Smith they wouldn't have the luxury to just cherry pick players to sit and learn. I think Harbaugh also was one of the coaches that requested power over personnel decisions, but I can't remember for sure.

April 29th, 2013, 10:25 am
rao wrote:
I really like what the 49ers did, but all the credit goes to that coaching staff. Harbaugh took virtually the same team that got the previous coaches fired and turned them into a powerhouse. If it wasn't for Harbaugh bringing that team together in the locker room and correcting players like Alex Smith they wouldn't have the luxury to just cherry pick players to sit and learn. I think Harbaugh also was one of the coaches that requested power over personnel decisions, but I can't remember for sure.

That is Harbaugh's team, and Harbuagh is a great coach, no doubt, but Singletary was a HORRIBLE coach. That was a playoff team waiting to happen when Harbaugh arrived.

April 29th, 2013, 10:38 am
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

That is Harbaugh's team, and Harbuagh is a great coach, no doubt, but Singletary was a HORRIBLE coach. That was a playoff team waiting to happen when Harbaugh arrived.

Don't disagree about Singletary, but I'm not so sure there is another coach that could have put that team back together as well as Harbaugh. Singletary destroyed the locker room and entire atmosphere of that team before he left. Also the little things like using Justin Smith's pulling ability to turn Aldon into a sack master. Harbaugh has maximized virtually every player he has got his hands on, I'm not so sure their personnel plays that well somewhere else.

April 29th, 2013, 10:46 am
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

Don't disagree about Singletary, but I'm not so sure there is another coach that could have put that team back together as well as Harbaugh. Singletary destroyed the locker room and entire atmosphere of that team before he left. Also the little things like using Justin Smith's pulling ability to turn Aldon into a sack master. Harbaugh has maximized virtually every player he has got his hands on, I'm not so sure their personnel plays that well somewhere else.

I agree completely. IMO Harbuagh coaches to his players strengths (I still think he could use Vernon Davis better), rather than trying to fit square pegs into round holes, like we seem to do.

April 29th, 2013, 10:54 am
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

I agree completely. IMO Harbuagh coaches to his players strengths (I still think he could use Vernon Davis better), rather than trying to fit square pegs into round holes, like we seem to do.

Absolutley, I know this is bad to say, but in the back of my mind I'm hoping this next season is bad. I'm ready to hit the reset button on the staff. When we got Schwartz I thought we would get "Fisher lite" but instead we got a hot head that is to thick headed to make adjustments. There is talent on this roster and the lesser players would be easy to replace within a year or two with a good personnel guy and a coach with a malleable scheme.

April 29th, 2013, 11:01 am
League MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

i think singletary did a good job molding that defense. he just was too idealistic to have the executive role of a head coach and didnt have a real good ability to work with the offense. what harbaugh has done with the offense is nothing short of genius but he seems to have inherited a pretty good unit to work with on the defense.

April 29th, 2013, 1:35 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Legend wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

i think singletary did a good job molding that defense. he just was too idealistic to have the executive role of a head coach and didnt have a real good ability to work with the offense. what harbaugh has done with the offense is nothing short of genius but he seems to have inherited a pretty good unit to work with on the defense.

Singletary was too "Do it or ill put my foot in your badonkadonk"for todays millionairs, they are too sensative for that. Singletary is an old school coach, that style wont succeed in todays NFL. Coaches need a softer touch nowadays. Hven Haurbaugh (who IS considered a bit of a hard rectum by today's standard) is soft compaired to the Singletary way of coaching. (which is the same style as Ditka)

April 29th, 2013, 6:01 pm
IMO Singeltary's biggest flaw was that he was inconsistent, and he played favorites.

April 29th, 2013, 6:46 pm
RIP Killer

I think Houston had a pretty solid draft. Hopkins should take some heat off Andre Johnson. Swearinger should be a solid replacement for the loss of Quin. They took two different offensive tackles to help out at their right tackle spot. I think they may have reached some on Swearinger, but not by much. Brennan Williams was something of a reach, but inversely they got great value when they got Quessenberry in the sixth round. They added depth on their defensive line. Did they have the best draft? No. But I figured I'd mention them since nobody else was.

April 29th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think the Washington Redskins had my favorite draft. They grabbed turnover machines in Amerson, Rambo, and P. Thomas. They got a solid rotational rusher in B. Jenkins. They also bolstered their backfield and gave RGIII a weapon in TE Reed. They had limited resources but made them count.

Also, I thought the Vikings draft was OVERRATED. I thought Floyd and Patterson were both going to be busts and Rhodes does not fit their zone scheme at all...time will tell. The only picks of theirs I liked where Locke and Hodges.

April 30th, 2013, 10:37 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Rhodes is a perfect CB for the style of Cover 2 they run, what he's not great at is turning and running. Rhodes is a big physical CB that can disrupt routes and ride his guy through his zone and hand him off to the next guy and he's pretty stout against the run (just needs to tighten up his tackling technique).

If you throw in FA I like the Titans. With the addition of Levitre they appear to have taken their biggest weakness and turned it into a unit that could contend as one of the best in a year. To go along with Levitre they drafted Warmack and Schwenke possibly the best OG and C in this draft, Locker should have clean pockets to step up into even if the OTs get beat and if Johnson worries about football instead of $$$ he might have another 2,000 yard season. They also drafted a potential playmaker at WR in Hunter and at minimum a solid #2 CB wih Wreh-Wilson. Throw in Gooden and Edwards as potential stud defensive players or at the very least serviceable guys with value at can come with big plays.

April 30th, 2013, 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next