View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Daryl Washington, anybody? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Daryl Washington, anybody?
Extremely talented Cardinals LB who can't stop getting into legal trouble. He just now got arrested for aggravated assault, and that was after he was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2013 season. He's a big risk, but is miles ahead of any linebacker on the roster.

If he's cut, should we pounce on him?

May 4th, 2013, 10:02 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Daryl Washington, anybody?
I doubt Arizona would cut him, but with a new staff who knows.

The Lions avoided drafting any of the late round character concern guys in the draft, so I don't think it would even be a thought for Mayhew.

He will probably be out for at least half the season, I don't think it's worth the risk, but I wouldn't mind everyone getting fired so I say let's do it if he is cut.

May 4th, 2013, 11:37 am
QB Coach

Why in the world would the Lions want to even consider a player who can't stay out of legal trouble, especially given what happened last off season? That's just crazy and a recipe for disaster.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 4th, 2013, 1:06 pm
Team MVP

He's not getting cut. He needs to get himself in line however. I think in combination with his 4 games suspension, this arrest will lead to a full season suspension.

May 4th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Team MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Why in the world would the Lions want to even consider a player who can't stay out of legal trouble, especially given what happened last off season? That's just crazy and a recipe for disaster.

x2

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 4th, 2013, 2:01 pm
NFL Veteran

Has he had any other legal trouble while in the NFL that led to a suspension? As long as the banned substance he was caught taking didn't include law enforcement getting involved, I believe his current suspension wont be a factor in determining his penalty for the assault charge. IMO he gets another 4 - 6 game suspension that will start after his current one is over. It's probably going to be a noticeable blow to the Cardinals Defense, he was one of their best players.

May 4th, 2013, 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]