View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 7:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Freep wrote:
Titus Young tweets apology to Lions fans -- then it disappears
3:16 AM, April 16, 2013

Former embattled Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young tweeted an apology to Lions fans early this morning, thanking them for two years of "love and joy," before the tweet disappeared within an hour.

At 1:07 a.m., Young's Twitter account @TitusDYoungSr sent the following: "I apologize to the Detroit fans , Thank you, for the 2 years of Love and joy." One minute later, he tweeted: "Thank Jesus amen."

Both tweets, however, disappeared rather quickly. Actually, @TitusDYoungSr sat at zero tweets as of 3 a.m., with the bio: "Proud father of Titus young Jr. Family man. Looking to play defense #34 #21#29 #22 any league."

Entering the 2012 season, Young, a second-round pick in 2011, was supposed to assert himself as a top complimentary wide receiver to Calvin Johnson in the Lions' pass-heavy offense.

Instead, Young amassed just 383 yards and four touchdowns in 10 games before being suspended and eventually cut from the team for insubordinate behavior. That included punching a teammate, being late for meetings and lining up in the wrong spot on purpose in a November loss to the Green Bay Packers.

In late January, Young took to Twitter to lash out at the Lions, saying, among other things, "if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats." The Lions released him Feb. 4, shortly after the Super Bowl.

Young was picked up on waivers by the St. Louis Rams but released again 10 days later. He is still a free agent.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130416/S ... itus-young

Sounds like classic drunk tweeting if you ask me...

All part of the master plan, right WJB?

You never know!

:wink:

regularjoe12 wrote:
why retract that kind of statement and delete it off? It was ALMOST an act of class..

That boy needs meds....his brain ain't right

Basic psychology RJ...

Being humble isn't in Young's nature. As "right" as it is, it embarrasses him. IMO this shows that deep down he knows he was wrong, but he has a self-destructive persona that doesn't let him "act right."

I'm hoping Young gets his sht together. I really think he could do well on a team like the Patroits, Broncos or even the Colts. I think he would "fit" in a team like Chicago, but they would enable his ridiculousness.

I really wish I could be that kid's agent.

I also wish someone competent was his agent. The Kid has talent, but he's destroying himself and I feel like his agent has to be enabling this stuff or it wouldn't have gotten this bad.

April 16th, 2013, 1:21 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:

:lol:
why? wouldn't you rather have a stable client who wont cost you both a lot of money? How in the hell would YOU stop him from lining up in the wrong spot or sucker punching teammates? I'm asking seriously because of your sarcastic comment regarding Stafford saying(and doing) all the right things while his agent handles his contract. It's just strange to hear someone say "I really wish I was Titus Young's agent" right after giving Stafford grief for saying that he wants the team to be successful, not a record breaking contract. Your anti-Mayhew campaign just hit ridiculous levels.

WHY DO WE EVEN CARE ABOUT TITUS YOUNG ANYMORE. His twitter account has more highlights than him.

April 17th, 2013, 12:48 am
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

:lol:
why? wouldn't you rather have a stable client who wont cost you both millions? How in the hell would YOU stop him from lining up in the wrong spot or sucker punching teammates? I'm asking seriously because of your sarcastic comment regarding Stafford saying(and doing) all the right things while his agent handles his contract. It's just strange to hear someone say "I really wish I was Titus Young's agent" right after giving Stafford grief for saying that he wants the team to be successful, not a record breaking contract. Your anti-Mayhew campaign just hit ridiculous levels

WHY DO WE EVEN CARE ABOUT TITUS YOUNG ANYMORE. His twitter account has more highlights than him.

If you haven't read my posts regarding being an agent, no, I don't want stable clients. You can't really do much for them. You can negotiate their contract, but that's about it. I would rather mentor someone that I can help. That's why I do what I currently do, to help people.

I was a problem child when I was growing up. I fought too much, I didn't go to school, I was suspended 5 times my senior year of HS, and I shouldn't have graduated on time. I graduated HS more on personality than grades, honestly. The difference is, I have never lacked confidence, I always knew I would be successful, I was always smart, I knew I was going to go to college, and I knew that I was going to be a lawyer.

WIth someone like Titus, you can't do too much, honestly. He's a grown dick man and a millionaire. He has to choose his own path. I understand that, but coming to an organization like Detroit was an unfortunate career happening for him. Coming somewhere that had more structure/leadership would have been huge for him, and could have instilled capable people around him that he trusts, which is something he's severely lacking.

That said, with someone like Titus you have to make him believe that he needs you more than you need him, convince him to trust you (which is hard for him, I guaranty you he's lost a lot in his life, and been screwed over by people he cares about repeatedly), and you have to make it known up front that it's "my way or the highway." And you have to know going into it that it's going to be a rocky road, he's likely going to fire you at least once, but you have to hope he finds some humility and comes back with his tail between his legs and asks for help.

Prior to his NFL inflated ego, however, I do think a good agent should have, if possible, convinced him to get therapy and/or psychological help. He has a horrid case of narcissism and "little man's disease," and he's rampantly insecure. Fixing those mental aspects of his game would not only improve his personal life, but also his NFL game.

April 17th, 2013, 1:06 am
QB Coach

Pride goeth before a fall, and all that.

There's a cure for his condition, but throwing money on top of all that he is, isn't it. Consider other better than yourself. Love your neighbor, basic things like that would help him to see the good in other people. This is why I appreciate what I've seen with Nate. He came in as a #2 Receiver, but he didn't throw the veteran label around, nor did he demand the ball. How many times have we seen or read where he was doing something for the WR corps? He used his position to help and train, and make our WR's better. Titus did have stable people around him in that same bunch of guys. But being young, and having a chip on his shoulder, mixed with all the money he could ever dream of having made that sour apple rotten.

Shoot, all he needed to do was drive around Detroit to see how bad it is for people. 40% illiteracy rate in Detroit alone! How much of those millions could have gone to sponsor litteracy? How many abandoned homes could be taken down and community gardens put in their place? How many substinance abuse programs could be funded off the interests of his money?

Sadly, many people don't think in these terms. Instead they have cars, condos, babies mommas, and addictions that soak them dry. I personally have prayed many times for a chance to be in a position where I could impact the lives of many people. Not because OF me, but because it hurts so much to see people suffer. Especially when I know that there is so much that I can offer, and do for them.

But our society doesn't think that way, it's selfish and self-centered, and he's demonstrating those same traits, and now it's cost him a lucrative career. He's a cancer, and other teams know it. I would go so far as to say, he's Charles Rogers without the blow.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 17th, 2013, 8:27 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
If you haven't read my posts regarding being an agent, no, I don't want stable clients. You can't really do much for them. You can negotiate their contract, but that's about it. I would rather mentor someone that I can help. That's why I do what I currently do, to help people.

I was a problem child when I was growing up. I fought too much, I didn't go to school, I was suspended 5 times my senior year of HS, and I shouldn't have graduated on time. I graduated HS more on personality than grades, honestly. The difference is, I have never lacked confidence, I always knew I would be successful, I was always smart, I knew I was going to go to college, and I knew that I was going to be a lawyer.

WIth someone like Titus, you can't do too much, honestly. He's a grown dick man and a millionaire. He has to choose his own path. I understand that, but coming to an organization like Detroit was an unfortunate career happening for him. Coming somewhere that had more structure/leadership would have been huge for him, and could have instilled capable people around him that he trusts, which is something he's severely lacking.

That said, with someone like Titus you have to make him believe that he needs you more than you need him, convince him to trust you (which is hard for him, I guaranty you he's lost a lot in his life, and been screwed over by people he cares about repeatedly), and you have to make it known up front that it's "my way or the highway." And you have to know going into it that it's going to be a rocky road, he's likely going to fire you at least once, but you have to hope he finds some humility and comes back with his tail between his legs and asks for help.

Prior to his NFL inflated ego, however, I do think a good agent should have, if possible, convinced him to get therapy and/or psychological help. He has a horrid case of narcissism and "little man's disease," and he's rampantly insecure. Fixing those mental aspects of his game would not only improve his personal life, but also his NFL game.

I think you are simplifying things too much and are off base on some other things. I don't care what team Titus Young would have gone to, the boy is off his rocker. Strong leadership or no leadership, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference with Young. Once the money was thrown his way, I'm sure he had people in his private life telling him how great he was, just so they could stick around and leech off him. We've seen it with plenty of other celebrities/athletes in the past. They all end up broke. Young's ego was in overdrive, and I don't know that any person on this planet would have prevented that. In order to get therapy you have to first admit you have a problem, then you have to accept the fact that you need help to fix that problem, and you have to trust the person or people helping you and do what they tell you. Young didn't think there was a problem, so there's no way he would have accepted or sought help, even if his agent insisted.

His HS football coach even told Young he was off-base for stating that he was better than Calvin Johnson. Supposedly Titus is very close to his old coach, even calling him a 'father figure' in his life. Know what his answer to that coach was? I'm just as good right now, and I could be better than him.'

That's a young man who has completely lost touch with reality. He was released by receiver needy St. Louis after just a few days in their facility. One has to wonder what in the world he said or did that caused that organization to look at him and go, 'Nah, he's not working here.'

Titus Young is a lost cause.

April 17th, 2013, 10:19 am
NFL Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/titus-young-arrested-twice-in-one-day/

PFT wrote:
Titus Young, arrested twice in one day
Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT

Apparently, former NFL defensive back Cliff Harris and former NFL receiver Titus Young have launched a new competition.

It’s apparently called “let’s see who can get arrested the most times.”

Harris currently leads, with three in nine days. But Young isn’t far behind, thanks to two arrests that came on the same day.

According to Paula Pasche of the Oakland Press, Young followed a Sunday arrest for suspicion of DUI with a Sunday arrest for attempting to steal his own car from police custody.

Specifically, Young was spotted on Sunday afternoon at a tow yard in Southern California, jumping over the fence in search of his impounded Mustang. Young was charged with burglary.

A second-round pick of the Lions in 2011, Detroit cut him after a tumultuous 2012 that ended with Young essentially tweeting his way out of town. The Rams claimed him on waivers, but quickly decided after meeting with Young that he was not “quite there” mentally.

It’s a sad situation, and we hope that Young gets whatever help he needs to turn his life around before it’s too late to turn it around.

The "Mastermind" is still doing work out there.

We can probably call his career over now.

May 7th, 2013, 9:46 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

rao wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/titus-young-arrested-twice-in-one-day/

PFT wrote:

Apparently, former NFL defensive back Cliff Harris and former NFL receiver Titus Young have launched a new competition.

Harris currently leads, with three in nine days. But Young isn’t far behind, thanks to two arrests that came on the same day.

According to Paula Pasche of the Oakland Press, Young followed a Sunday arrest for suspicion of DUI with a Sunday arrest for attempting to steal his own car from police custody.

Specifically, Young was spotted on Sunday afternoon at a tow yard in Southern California, jumping over the fence in search of his impounded Mustang. Young was charged with burglary.

A second-round pick of the Lions in 2011, Detroit cut him after a tumultuous 2012 that ended with Young essentially tweeting his way out of town. The Rams claimed him on waivers, but quickly decided after meeting with Young that he was not “quite there” mentally.

It’s a sad situation, and we hope that Young gets whatever help he needs to turn his life around before it’s too late to turn it around.

At this point I have to start wondering if he has some sort of chemical imbalance. That is an example of flat out "batsh!t crazy" right there.

That Dude needs meds.

May 7th, 2013, 9:54 pm
NFL Veteran

regularjoe12 wrote:
rao wrote:

PFT wrote:

At this point I have to start wondering if he has some sort of chemical imbalance. That is an example of flat out "batsh!t crazy" right there.

That Dude needs meds.

This seems to be evidence to help support that idea. I made a joke about it, but honestly it is really kinda sad. The kid has the talent to be a very good maybe even a great player. Maybe this will be the thing that makes him seek help.

May 7th, 2013, 10:03 pm
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
rao wrote:

PFT wrote:

That Dude needs meds.

Yea, I actually read a article earlier in the day that mentioned Lions on a few occasions suggested and offered him some mental help and he refused it. So, he definitely have a chemical imbalance and unfortunately he's in denial about it. Until he receive help this won't be the last time you'll read some crazy stories involving him.

May 8th, 2013, 1:40 am
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
rao wrote:

PFT wrote:

That Dude needs meds.

Here's the other article...

Quote:
When Titus Young was released by the St. Louis Rams just 10 days after being claimed off waivers in February, it was natural to wonder if the wide receiver's NFL career might be over.

Now there are two more reasons to believe so.

Young was arrested twice in 15 hours by the Moreno Valley Police Department in Southern California on Sunday, according to a police report obtained by the Oakland Press.

Young was arrested on suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning. Hours after he was released from the detention center Sunday afternoon, police responded to a call about a man jumping over the fence of a tow company yard. It turns out it was Young looking for his black Mustang that was towed following his DUI arrest.

Officers then arrested Young again, this time on a burglary charge, when it was determined he was trying to abscond with his own vehicle.

Should Young find himself in the hoosegow one more time this week, he can match former New York Jets cornerback Cliff Harris' three arrests in nine days.

If not for previous reports suggesting Young has battled serious mental and emotional issues, this story literally would be incredible. It reads like a rejected film script.

The incident is the latest sign that Young is detached from reality. If he ever gets another shot in the NFL, it will be because he finally conceded to seek professional help after repeatedly denying the Detroit Lions' requests to do so in 2012.

Last edited by TheRealWags on May 8th, 2013, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formatting

May 8th, 2013, 1:46 am
3rd Round Selection

I blame management. If they'd promoted Titus ahead of Nate, none of this would have happened and the team would be more motivated. :wink:

May 8th, 2013, 6:55 am
League MVP

did the lions even talk to this idiot before they drafted him?

May 8th, 2013, 8:02 am
QB Coach

Nope it's the concussions that made him do it! Or wait, maybe he's suffering the affects of Jahvid Best's concussions, and that's what made him do it. We'll have to wait and see what Goddell says.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 8th, 2013, 8:15 am
Modmin Dude

UK Lion wrote:
I blame management. If they'd promoted Titus ahead of Nate, none of this would have happened and the team would be more motivated. :wink:
LOL :lol:

May 8th, 2013, 9:47 am
Walk On

UK Lion wrote:

You can't fix mental illness, not even by giving a player his way. If he refuse to approach and handle the problem, had they done it results would of still been the same. I'm just glad they cut bait on this contract and not another larger one.

May 8th, 2013, 12:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next