View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:46 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Lions place Titus Young on IR 
Post Re: Lions place Titus Young on IR
Mufasa wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
I blame management. If they'd promoted Titus ahead of Nate, none of this would have happened and the team would be more motivated. :wink:

You can't fix mental illness, not even by giving a player his way. If he refuse to approach and handle the problem, had they done it results would of still been the same. I'm just glad they cut bait on this contract and not another larger one.

I agree with this, but I still say he was mismanaged. If he was this nuts we should have gotten rid of him after his first season here. I'm sure we could have gotten at least a 3rd rounder out of him, given his first year of success and being incident free his first year.

Like I said when we drafted him, Torrey Smith should have been the pick.

May 8th, 2013, 12:56 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

do you still wish you were his agent, WJB?

May 8th, 2013, 1:32 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
do you still wish you were his agent, WJB?

Absolutely

I'm a caretaker by nature. I help people. It's what I do. That said, I'm more of a tough love kind of person, and I know someone like Titus is going to screw up and push away people that are "good" for him. Crazy is as crazy does... Meaning, crazy people seek out other self-destructive people for advice, and discount advice contrary to their self-destructive ways. Still, they can be helped, and they can be "successful" if they undergo proper treatment. And, to be clear, sometimes "success" is defined as living life properly.

Even if managing his person/personality wasn't a profitable endeavor, I'd still do it. I'm damn good at it, I love doing it, and I've helped a ton of people in my still brief lifetime.

May 8th, 2013, 1:54 pm
Walk On

Totally Bi-Polar, shame on his Parents for being in denial and not addressing it.

Quote:
High school coach believes Titus Young needs help
Posted by Mike Florio on May 8, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
Lions Packers Football AP

Yes, the news that former Lions receiver Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours (once for DUI and then for trying to steal his impounded car) provided some entertainment during the early days of the annual slow period on the NFL calendar. But Young’s behavior flows by all appearances from deeper emotional or psychological issues for which he apparently needs treatment, and perhaps medication.

Don’t take our word for it. Young’s high school coach, E.C. Robinson, sensed in March that Young needs help.

“Based on the last time I did see him, I knew unless he got some help there was going to be some issues, and I told him that, too,” Robinson told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “And I thought maybe since I hadn’t heard anything from him he was in some institute getting some help. That’s what I just figured. But I know the last time I saw him, I was just shocked the stage he was in at that time.”

Think about that for a second. Robinson hadn’t heard from Young, and Robinson assumed from Young’s condition during their last interaction that Robinson hadn’t heard from Young because Young was institutionalized.

“He was talking some things that just didn’t make sense,” Robinson said. “I don’t know, I just wish he’d get some help. I know football is probably out of the question, right now it’s trying to get his life together.”

We hope it happens for Young. We hope he eventually can convince a team to take advantage of the talent that got him picked in round two.

We also hope that the end result is a story that will prompt others who need help to get it before things get too far out of control.

Last edited by TheRealWags on May 9th, 2013, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formatting

May 8th, 2013, 4:18 pm
NFL Veteran

Deadspin posted this article about TY today.

Deadspin wrote:
Titus Young Will Take A Nap In Your AT&T Store

Titus Young isn't the kind of player to flame out in half-assed fashion. Oh no no no, when the man goes full turd, he REALLY goes full turd. And now here's a story from reader Ryan Randolph in which Titus Sr. takes his career immolation to another level by doing the whole Reese Witherspoon bit:

Living in The Detroit suburbs and working for AT&T I would regularly get Lions players in my store. One of particular note was Titus Young. One night he came up after we had closed and started banging on the door. We couldn't unlock the doors because of policy, but he proceeded to hold up his driver's license to the window and say, "Do you know who I am?? I'm Titus Young". We ignored him.

The next day he came back during business hours and started yelling that we wouldn't let him in. He also demanded everything in the store should have been given to him for free. He had his sister with him who seemed like his assistant at the time. She was extremely professional and nice, almost like a parent trying to keep their child in line. After his sister took over dealing with us, Titus fell asleep on the bench and started snoring extremely loud in front of the other customers and employees. [...]

A picture of Titus snoring is attached. Enjoy!

Rest up, Titus. You've had yourself a long week.

May 8th, 2013, 4:33 pm
All State

Charles Rodgers Jr. in the making? It's a little bit funny but at the same time the jokes on us for not getting Torrey Smith or Randall Cobb instead of this idiot. :cry:

May 8th, 2013, 11:53 pm
National Champion

Are those leggins? Who the heck dresses like that? Or maybe I should say what man dresses like that?

May 9th, 2013, 6:22 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Hystrix wrote:
Are those leggins? Who the heck dresses like that? Or maybe I should say what man dresses like that?

they are actually very common among athletes. i dont know if those are leggins but i have a few pairs of socks the go up that high which i use to run in cold weather...

May 9th, 2013, 7:15 am
QB Coach

maybe his legs are just ashy and he needs some lotion? What? It can happen!

Actually, for all the comedy, I would have to say it's a dark comedy because it is completely tragic to see anyone's life, especially one that carries so much spotlight, flame out like this.

What's being missed is that this isn't just senseless actions and reactions this is a BLARING CALL FOR HELP, and no one is recognizing it, and choosing to ridicule, and laugh, and pity this man. Mark my words if someone does not step up along side him, endure whatever hardships that will go on initially, then this man will eat a gun barrel. His demons will drive him so insane, that the only rest he'll get is a dirt nap, and that will be appealing to him.

IF you pray, this is a very good target to be praying for, because this man is in desperate need! If positive thoughts are your thang, then circle your stones, say your chants, and focus your good tidings on Titus. If you need scientific proof, well, you'll have to get your own blood draw to check the chemical imbalances. Regardless, this man needs a strong individual to step up and fight for him, not with him.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 9th, 2013, 8:08 am
NFL Veteran

WarEr4Christ wrote:
maybe his legs are just ashy and he needs some lotion? What? It can happen!

Actually, for all the comedy, I would have to say it's a dark comedy because it is completely tragic to see anyone's life, especially one that carries so much spotlight, flame out like this.

What's being missed is that this isn't just senseless actions and reactions this is a BLARING CALL FOR HELP, and no one is recognizing it, and choosing to ridicule, and laugh, and pity this man. Mark my words if someone does not step up along side him, endure whatever hardships that will go on initially, then this man will eat a gun barrel. His demons will drive him so insane, that the only rest he'll get is a dirt nap, and that will be appealing to him.

IF you pray, this is a very good target to be praying for, because this man is in desperate need! If positive thoughts are your thang, then circle your stones, say your chants, and focus your good tidings on Titus. If you need scientific proof, well, you'll have to get your own blood draw to check the chemical imbalances. Regardless, this man needs a strong individual to step up and fight for him, not with him.

I wouldn't say no one recognizes he needs help, it is fairly obvious that he does. I think it's sad that he is falling apart, but his actions are funny and from every description about him I don't think he is willing to except help right now. He doesn't need so much of a strong person as he does a very sly one, a person that can convince him he is deciding to get help and not being told he needs it.

May 9th, 2013, 8:35 am
RIP Killer

All this could have been avoided had the Lions just made him their #2 WR! :lol:

May 9th, 2013, 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:

You can tell who the Liberals are... Just like the ones you see on TV, they're disingenuous in real life as well...

:idea: :arrow: :cheers:

May 9th, 2013, 10:16 am
Rookie Player of the Year

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

You can tell who the Liberals are... Just like the ones you see on TV, they're disingenuous in real life as well...

The conservatives too. Just substitute the cap for the debt limit. :D

May 9th, 2013, 11:45 am
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

The conservatives too. Just substitute the cap for the debt limit. :D

I'm all about minding the cap and debt limit. You aren't kidding there... Liberals shove their heads up their a.s.ses and pretend it doesn't exist, in every way. Kind of funny how much football is like politics...

Liberals: "Just go out and sign X super star"... Never mind that we can't afford him...

Not much different than "Just pass a heath care reform bill that will bankrupt the country..." Never mind that we've reached our debt ceiling, can't afford it, we're literally going bankrupt and putting out a fire on a sinking ship by dousing it with water... Brilliant!!!

May 9th, 2013, 11:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23