View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 YES!! Titus Young update 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post YES!! Titus Young update
Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167860/article/titus-young-arrested-twice-in-15-hours-police-say

When Titus Young was released by the St. Louis Rams just 10 days after being claimed off waivers in February, it was natural to wonder if the wide receiver's NFL career might be over.

Now there are two more reasons to believe so.

Young was arrested twice in 15 hours by the Moreno Valley Police Department in Southern California on Sunday, according to a police report obtained by the Oakland Press.

Young was arrested on suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning. Hours after he was released from the detention center Sunday afternoon, police responded to a call about a man jumping over the fence of a tow company yard. It turns out it was Young looking for his black Mustang that was towed following his DUI arrest.

Officers then arrested Young again, this time on a burglary charge, when it was determined he was trying to abscond with his own vehicle

Should Young find himself in the hoosegow one more time this week, he can match former New York Jets cornerback Cliff Harris' three arrests in nine days.

If not for previous reports suggesting Young has battled serious mental and emotional issues, this story literally would be incredible. It reads like a rejected film script.

The incident is the latest sign that Young is detached from reality. If he ever gets another shot in the NFL, it will be because he finally conceded to seek professional help after repeatedly denying the Detroit Lions' requests to do so in 2012.

May 8th, 2013, 12:05 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: YES!! Titus Young update
Game, Set, and Match. We can close the book on TY now.

PFT wrote:
Titus Young arrested on burglary, assault charges
Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 12, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT

Former Lions wide receiver Titus Young has again run into off-field trouble.

Young was arrested this weekend in San Clemente, Calif. on charges of burglary, assault on a peace officer and resisting arrest, Lt. Joe Balicki of Orange County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to PFT on Sunday afternoon.

Young is currently being held on $75,000 bail and is expected to be arraigned on Monday, Balicki said. The burglary and assault charges are felonies, Balicki said, with the resisting arrest charge a misdemeanor.

According to Balicki, the incident unfolded around 11:30 p.m. on Friday night when a homeowner contacted authorities alleging someone was inside her home. When sheriff’s officers arrived, they found Young outside the home, Balicki said. According to Balicki, Young ran away from officers. After a “brief” pursuit on foot, there was a “physical altercation,” Balicki said, with Young alleged to have fought officers before being taken into custody. Neither Young nor officers were hurt, Balicki said. According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department website, Young was arrested and processed on Saturday.

Earlier in the week, the 23-year-old Young was arrested on DUI and burglary charges.

Young showed promise in two seasons with the Lions, but the club released him in February. The Rams picked him up, but he lasted just 10 days with St. Louis. In his last game with the Lions, he is alleged to have lined up wrong on purpose, and the club essentially twice banished him after the incident.

The Detroit News first reported news of Young’s latest arrest earlier Sunday.

May 12th, 2013, 3:29 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, what a Charlie Rogers chode...

May 12th, 2013, 7:02 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

"Yes!!" ???

Why is this a good thing? On the one hand, I feel bad for this guy -- it's a shame he wasn't mature enough to handle the opportunities he was given. And on the other hand, yet more proof the Lions have no idea how to evaluate draft picks.

May 12th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Team MVP

Blueskies wrote:
"Yes!!" ???

Why is this a good thing? On the one hand, I feel bad for this guy -- it's a shame he wasn't mature enough to handle the opportunities he was given. And on the other hand, yet more proof the Lions have no idea how to evaluate draft picks.

How on earth can anyone remotely feel bad for this guy? lol

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 13th, 2013, 7:49 am
kdsberman wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
"Yes!!" ???

Really?

May 13th, 2013, 9:43 am
Modmin Dude

kdsberman wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
"Yes!!" ???

Well, off the top of my head, perhaps because he's a human being? And if that doesn't do it for you, how about the fact that he clearly needs help? Perhaps you've lived a rather perfect life and haven't experienced anyone that needed help, but for those of us who have it's rather sad to see someone going through something like this. Hope he gets the help he needs before its too late.

May 13th, 2013, 10:14 am
NFL Veteran

I agree with Wags and WJB. I find it more odd that someone doesn't feel bad for Titus. I have made jokes about the things he's done, but I still feel bad that something in his life has made him so self destructive. No matter how goofy or crazy the things he has done are, it will always be sad to see a young man with a bright future just implode.

May 13th, 2013, 10:43 am

rao wrote:
I agree with Wags and WJB. I find it more odd that someone doesn't feel bad for Titus. I have made jokes about the things he's done, but I still feel bad that something in his life has made him so self destructive. No matter how goofy or crazy the things he has done are, it will always be sad to see a young man with a bright future just implode.

Yup. take off the Lions colored glasses and just see him as a kid in trouble and its not hard to feel some empathy towards him, even if he is clownshoes crazy.

May 13th, 2013, 11:40 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

I don't feel bad for predatory people that go around hurting others. But Young's victim was himself. It's just sad.

May 13th, 2013, 11:58 am
QB Coach

Actually, there is another victim in this, it just hasn't been reported yet, and may not have happened to the physical extent, but it could be or is developing. TY's son is a victim in this. 1. His dad is or was in jail, 2. His dad is self-destructing, 3. said destruction is not victimless, it could carry over to those closest to him.

I'm not insinuating abuse, I'm saying that TY's actions do affect those around him, and in some instances, his absence is affecting his son. Not to mention the example he is portraying to his young son who's going to follow in his foot steps to some extent.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 13th, 2013, 1:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually, there is another victim in this, it just hasn't been reported yet, and may not have happened to the physical extent, but it could be or is developing. TY's son is a victim in this. 1. His dad is or was in jail, 2. His dad is self-destructing, 3. said destruction is not victimless, it could carry over to those closest to him.

I'm not insinuating abuse, I'm saying that TY's actions do affect those around him, and in some instances, his absence is affecting his son. Not to mention the example he is portraying to his young son who's going to follow in his foot steps to some extent.

I agree.

May 14th, 2013, 7:30 pm

At the time I made this, he had'nt yet been arrested the 3rd time and I thought he just had a bad day with his car. He needs help and I really hope that head trauma is not the real reason for his collapse though he was a jerk coming out of college. But I definetely don't think its funny anymore

May 18th, 2013, 1:19 am
NFL Veteran

PFT wrote:
Teammate says Titus Young opened up about issues
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 18, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT

Prior to a string of arrests, former Lions wide receiver Titus Young admitted to one of his old teammates he needed help.

Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch said he was on the same flight from Miami to Detroit as Young recently, and Young opened up about a mental issue he was dealing with, even showing him documents about the condition.

“He’s aware of the situation that he’s dealing with and he showed me a paper and we went over it and I looked over it, and I understand it,” Tulloch told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “A lot of people laugh about it and ke-ke-ke about it, but it’s real. He has head issues, and the Titus Young when he came in as a rookie and the Titus Young now is two different people.

“It’s kind of like when you look at him, he’s looking through you. It’s different. You can tell there’s something going on in his mind, in his head, and I hope that he can get help.”

That something is amiss is obvious. Young remains in jail in California, after he was arraigned on eight counts of burglary and assaulting police officers. He pleaded not guilty to all of them. If convicted, he could face more than seven years in prison.

Tulloch said he sought assistance from the league on Young’s behalf, though a league spokesman declined comment citing player privacy issues.

“He has a problem,” Tulloch said of Young. “Ain’t no question about it. . . .

“We had some long discussions and he showed me some things and I was like, ‘All right.’ The fact that before he didn’t realize it, now he realizes it. He just needs help. Basically he’s reaching out for help. He’s asking questions and he wants to be cured. And it’s tough when people laugh at him and think it’s a joke. ‘Oh, Titus did this.’

“Obviously, he’s dealing with a mental issue that he needs help and people need to reach out and help him.”

That his teammates are reaching out is a good sign, and the hope remains that Young gets the help he so clearly needs.

May 18th, 2013, 4:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
Titus Young gives judge silent treatment
National Football PostBy Brad Biggs | National Football Post – 1 hour 10 minutes ago

Titus Young gave the judge in a Newport Beach, Calif., courthouse the silent treatment today.

The ex-Detroit Lions wide receiver made a court appearance where he was charged with three new charges bringing to 11 the counts he faces from a crime spree earlier this month. At least three are felonies.

Young has been in jail since May 11 after he was arrested for the third time in a week’s span. According to David Leon Moore, Judge Andre Manssourian doubled Young’s bail from $25,000 to $50,000 saying he “poses a danger to the community.”

Per the report, Young’s family wishes he remain incarcerated because it believes he needs psychological help. When Manssourian addressed Young, the troubled young player did not respond.

Per Manssourian the judge said:

"Good morning, sir."

No reply.

"Can you hear me?"

No reply.

"Are you Titus Demetrius Young?"

No reply.

There was a long break and at one point Young’s father called out to him. He did not respond.

May 24th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next