View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 McClain a Lion? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: McClain a Lion?
Agree. Hes also a better fit at ILB in a 3-4 than being in a more important role that requires more coverage in a 4-3, so a good fit all around for him.

April 10th, 2013, 6:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

And he got arrested again within 9 days of being signed. This guy is a straight up Thug, and potentially a bigger mess than titus.

April 22nd, 2013, 3:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
And he got arrested again within 9 days of being signed. This guy is a straight up Thug, and potentially a bigger mess than titus.

I would not be a bit surprised to see the Ravens either cut this kid, or keep him but draft a inside backer with one of their first two picks. He needs to be put on a very short leash, if they haven't already.

Million dollar talent with a ten cent brain.

April 22nd, 2013, 2:53 pm

he made a liar out of ozzie, he is done in baltimore

April 23rd, 2013, 2:10 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92781 ... retires-23

Apparently he is done everywhere.

May 15th, 2013, 2:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278165/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-retires-23

Sounds weird... Did he just do this to get out of his Baltimore deal?

What benefit is there to retiring over getting cut? I don't get it.

May 15th, 2013, 2:55 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278165/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-retires-23

Sounds weird... Did he just do this to get out of his Baltimore deal?

What benefit is there to retiring over getting cut? I don't get it.

Maybe he has Titus Youngitis???

May 15th, 2013, 4:04 pm
NFL Veteran

It's always possible that he is seeking help and needs to be away from football while doing it. It's also possible he's just an idiot and is passing up the potential to make more money just because he got paid so much already by the Raiders.

May 15th, 2013, 4:15 pm
RIP Killer

He is 23, I smell a comeback soon when he realizes all the $ he is flushing down the toilet.

May 16th, 2013, 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
He is 23, I smell a comeback soon when he realizes all the $ he is flushing down the toilet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he "comes back" this year. I think he saw the writing on the wall in Baltimore when he got arrested days after signing, and then Baltimore went out and drafted a LB.

I just don't understand why he would "retire" instead of asking for a release. What would be the benefits? I thought the signing bonus was due back either way (see Ricky Williams "retirement").

May 16th, 2013, 9:28 am
NFL Veteran

Supposedly Mclain's retirement is for the reason I initially thought, he's focusing on correcting his life and wants no distractions. The Ravens still hold his rights, so once he feels he is ready, he will be able to rejoin the team. IMO he's showing a lot of maturity and I bet he will be back in football before the season is over.

May 16th, 2013, 9:45 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
Supposedly Mclain's retirement is for the reason I initially thought, he's focusing on correcting his life and wants no distractions. The Ravens still hold his rights, so once he feels he is ready, he will be able to rejoin the team. IMO he's showing a lot of maturity and I bet he will be back in football before the season is over.

If he wants to truly focus on correcting his life, then quitting football, even for a short while, is a STUPID move. When he is with the team, or on the field, he is not getting into trouble. It's his time away from the field and away from the locker room that is causing him issues. He should be getting counseling now, and once he's supposed to report put his entire focus on playing the game.

I think this is a foolish move, and doesn't show one shred of being well thought out. At least, that's my opinion.

May 16th, 2013, 12:39 pm
NFL Veteran

m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:

If he wants to truly focus on correcting his life, then quitting football, even for a short while, is a STUPID move. When he is with the team, or on the field, he is not getting into trouble. It's his time away from the field and away from the locker room that is causing him issues. He should be getting counseling now, and once he's supposed to report put his entire focus on playing the game.

I think this is a foolish move, and doesn't show one shred of being well thought out. At least, that's my opinion.

If he has some sort of substance problem or mental health issue, he may be seeking professional help like rehab. He may need to seclude himself from everything including football until he is ready to try again. Lets not forget that the other players aren't always good influences either and may not understand what he's going through. It would not be uncommon for them to invite him to situation that could be harmful to what he is trying to change in his life and until he has the strength of will to fight that he may need to stay away.

May 16th, 2013, 6:13 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:

If he has some sort of substance problem or mental health issue, he may be seeking professional help like rehab. He may need to seclude himself from everything including football until he is ready to try again. Lets not forget that the other players aren't always good influences either and may not understand what he's going through. It would not be uncommon for them to invite him to situation that could be harmful to what he is trying to change in his life and until he has the strength of will to fight that he may need to stay away.

All good points rao....but does he have to retire to make that happen? I don't believe he has to.

May 16th, 2013, 9:24 pm
NFL Veteran

m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:

All good points rao....but does he have to retire to make that happen? I don't believe he has to.

He could have just let the Ravens cut him, but he seems to be leaving on good terms this way and by leaving his rights with them he could have an easier time coming back. He also doesn't seem certain he will be back to football, so he may just not have the drive to play right now. He may not be making the best move, but it's far from stupid if he is genuinely dedicating himself to fixing his life.

May 16th, 2013, 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next