View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stephen Tulloch named to NFL top 100 list 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Stephen Tulloch named to NFL top 100 list
The guy's obviously respected around the league. Good for him for being a stand-up guy and a solid player. Good for us for making positive headlines for once.

May 20th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The guy's obviously respected around the league. Good for him for being a stand-up guy and a solid player. Good for us for making positive headlines for once.

The problem is, even where the headlines about the Lions are positive, it still brings negative feedback.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 20th, 2013, 5:56 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
I wouldnt put Tulloch in the top 100 but i disagree with the sentiment that he s a bad player. he has excellent instincts and is one of the faster players for the position, he doesnt seem to miss a lot of tackles. i think he gets caught in the wash every now and then but the lions scheme on the d-line doesnt really do tulloch or any of the LBers any favors as the DL takes itself right out of delayed runs, whams, trap and counter type plays routinely. the dl really plays with no discipline and that makes the LBs job much more difficult. im not blaming the DLman themselves, i think its a result of a BS scheme where Schwartz essentially has overreacted to the general NFL shift towards passing. high draft picks like suh, fairley, ansah should have the talent to be able to play both run and pass and learn how to react to the OL attempts at blocking them. the way the Lions have been taking high draft picks and turning them into one-trick ponies geared mostly towards rushing the passer is a waste and a philosophy I totally disagree with. if you are taking a player that high you need that player to be a complete player.

Who said Tulloch is a bad player?

Pablo wrote:
Tulloch isn't the only player in the top 100 that is questionable, we just question him because we are so familiar with him. Good for Stephen.

He isn't the only player, but he is beyond "questionable." He flat out doesn't belong in the top 100.

WJB, when you say "He's not even in the top 100 defensive players" and you pretty much stand on the table to overstate how he has no business making the list: yes you are pretty much implying that he is a bad player. You seem the most upset about him making the list. You haven't voiced your displeasure about anyone else on the list.

May 20th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Quote:
Does Trent Richardson deserve to be on a list of top 100 players?

yes. He is the only threat on his team. the guy caused a rule change and is probably the 2-3rd hardest guy in the NFL to bring down. I'm not surprised that the guys who have to tackle him, voted him to the list.

May 20th, 2013, 6:16 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:
I wouldnt put Tulloch in the top 100 but i disagree with the sentiment that he s a bad player. he has excellent instincts and is one of the faster players for the position, he doesnt seem to miss a lot of tackles. i think he gets caught in the wash every now and then but the lions scheme on the d-line doesnt really do tulloch or any of the LBers any favors as the DL takes itself right out of delayed runs, whams, trap and counter type plays routinely. the dl really plays with no discipline and that makes the LBs job much more difficult. im not blaming the DLman themselves, i think its a result of a BS scheme where Schwartz essentially has overreacted to the general NFL shift towards passing. high draft picks like suh, fairley, ansah should have the talent to be able to play both run and pass and learn how to react to the OL attempts at blocking them. the way the Lions have been taking high draft picks and turning them into one-trick ponies geared mostly towards rushing the passer is a waste and a philosophy I totally disagree with. if you are taking a player that high you need that player to be a complete player.

Pablo wrote:
Tulloch isn't the only player in the top 100 that is questionable, we just question him because we are so familiar with him. Good for Stephen.

He isn't the only player, but he is beyond "questionable." He flat out doesn't belong in the top 100.

WJB, when you say "He's not even in the top 100 defensive players" and you pretty much stand on the table to overstate how he has no business making the list: yes you are pretty much implying that he is a bad player. You seem the most upset about him making the list. You haven't voiced your displeasure about anyone else on the list.

Haven't looked at the rest of the list. Frankly, I don't care about the rest of the list. He shouldn't be on it. That's the beginning end to what I have to say on the subject.

To say that he's not one of the 100 best defensive players in the league is not to say he's a bad player. He's a very average player, and as such he shouldn't be on the top 100 defensive players in the NFL, let alone the top players in the NFL.

Sounds like it's more of a popularity contest, with each team voting in the obvious candidates and then one or two "good guys" from their team. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

May 20th, 2013, 6:33 pm
Heisman Winner

Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Pablo wrote:

Saying someone doesn't belong on a top 100 list isn't saying they are a bad player, it's saying they are not one of the elite players in the league. There is a middle ground between great and horrible.

May 20th, 2013, 8:15 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Pablo wrote:

Haven't looked at the rest of the list. Frankly, I don't care about the rest of the list. He shouldn't be on it. That's the beginning end to what I have to say on the subject.

To say that he's not one of the 100 best defensive players in the league is not to say he's a bad player. He's a very average player, and as such he shouldn't be on the top 100 defensive players in the NFL, let alone the top players in the NFL.

Sounds like it's more of a popularity contest, with each team voting in the obvious candidates and then one or two "good guys" from their team. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

fair point. I guess agree to disagree but thats what these lists are for, debate. Personally I think he belongs on the list considering his importance to our defense and his toughness.

May 20th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Quote:
Saying someone doesn't belong on a top 100 list isn't saying they are a bad player, it's saying they are not one of the elite players in the league. There is a middle ground between great and horrible

awesome, thanks.

May 20th, 2013, 11:47 pm
Heisman Winner

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
Saying someone doesn't belong on a top 100 list isn't saying they are a bad player, it's saying they are not one of the elite players in the league. There is a middle ground between great and horrible

awesome, thanks.

I'm here to help.

May 21st, 2013, 9:38 am
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

yes. He is the only threat on his team. the guy caused a rule change and is probably the 2-3rd hardest guy in the NFL to bring down. I'm not surprised that the guys who have to tackle him, voted him to the list.

Sorry, I have a hard time putting a guy who didn't hit 1,000 yards and averaged 3.6 ypc on a top 100 list. I've seen many running backs on bad teams crush those figures. I'm not saying he is bad, but you need better production than that to be on this type of list - especially as a rookie with no NFL history to look at.

May 21st, 2013, 10:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, I have a hard time putting a guy who didn't hit 1,000 yards and averaged 3.6 ypc on a top 100 list. I've seen many running backs on bad teams crush those figures. I'm not saying he is bad, but you need better production than that to be on this type of list - especially as a rookie with no NFL history to look at.

You gonna put Trent Richardson back on the list this year?

November 15th, 2013, 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Depends, did he use PED's in the making of his sex tapes?

November 15th, 2013, 11:25 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pablo wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

You gonna put Trent Richardson back on the list this year?

Nope...He gets bumped to make room for the worlds greatest meathead, Fuaria!

November 15th, 2013, 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2