View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fantastic Start to the season there Tigers. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Fantastic Start to the season there Tigers.
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Can't complain about the offense, but I think everyone knew the BP was going to be the sore spot this year.

Unfortunately, we have all these latinos in the BP that are generally bad in cold weather (Al Al, Villareal, Benoit, Dotel, etc). This isn't new. These guys were good in FL, but stink now. It's not a surprise. They'll get much better next month when it gets to be 65-70 degrees at least. This cold weather BS SUCKS. You can even see it in Miggy, the lack of real power he's putting on the balls. It's the cold. He's drilling some balls, but not like normal. Sure looks like the same w/VMart.

Didn't you say last year that Benoit and Dotel were baller studs and we didn't need bullpen help?

:idea: :arrow:

Umm, no. Care to find that since you apparently think I said it? The big potato was coming off a fluke year when his saves stat was overshadowing how taxed he looked at times (like Rodney used to look).

I specifically remember saying that they were having good years. So did a lot of players (Villarreal). Doesn't mean they can repeat it. Doesn't mean I'd want a guy like Villarreal as a closer or even a setup man. Just like I wouldn't want coke as a closer and I don't even like Benoit as a setup man.

Downs looks good so far. Nice surprise.

April 19th, 2013, 8:21 am
Hall of Fame Player

I like Villarreal but, at best, he is a set up man. The one guy in our bull pen that I would like to give the chance to close games is Al Albuquerque. But, even he has a rough outing every now and then.

April 19th, 2013, 9:12 am
Team MVP

Good Lord Leyland, doesnt he every realize that we are always losing or end up losing when he puts Dirks and Kelly in?? Torrii is leading the AL in B.A., yet Leyland sits him. WHY?!?!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 29th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Heisman Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Good Lord Leyland, doesnt he every realize that we are always losing or end up losing when he puts Dirks and Kelly in?? Torrii is leading the AL in B.A., yet Leyland sits him. WHY?!?!

Hunter is getting old he needs the rest, if he didn't want to come out of the lineup he would have said something to Leyland. Look at Fielder and Cabby, they get maybe a single day off all year because they request it that way. Just relax and try to understand that Leyland is a better coach than you.

April 30th, 2013, 8:23 am
kdsberman wrote:

Dirks had a home run and got on base three times... Huge mistake?

April 30th, 2013, 9:00 am
Team MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Hunter is getting old he needs the rest, if he didn't want to come out of the lineup he would have said something to Leyland. Look at Fielder and Cabby, they get maybe a single day off all year because they request it that way. Just relax and try to understand that Leyland is a better coach than you.

Ill remember that next time you question something Schwartz does that you dont like.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 30th, 2013, 1:01 pm
Team MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Ill remember that next time you question something Schwartz does that you dont like.

April 30th, 2013, 1:02 pm
Heisman Winner

kdsberman wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

That's fair enough.

April 30th, 2013, 2:08 pm
Team MVP

Quick question: Whats wrong with Austin Jackson that hes on the DL? Any idea when he will be back?

May 23rd, 2013, 5:16 pm
RIP Killer

Hammy strain

May 23rd, 2013, 6:23 pm
Heisman Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Quick question: Whats wrong with Austin Jackson that hes on the DL? Any idea when he will be back?

He's due to be eligible to come off the DL on Monday I believe but looks like he has a little longer to wait as he still hasn't begun any type physical activity. At least that according to Chris Iott.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2