View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customer 
QB Coach

Post Re: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon cust
Well there is always the OBVIOUS solution, go off the grid! What did we do before cell phones? It doesn't cure the "problem" but it limits the tracking ability for Cell issues anyway.

But then again, that leads me to another question that I hope isn't off topic. The new X Box stuff allows you to see yourself playing, and can even snapshot while playing. People we go to church with, caught their son speaking with someone who was watching their home from the X box, because the Connect live was on, or something like that. If Verizon is the fiber optic system that does our "bundle" (cable, internet, phone) does that mean the government can actually watch and see what's going on in your home????

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 6th, 2013, 8:56 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Well there is always the OBVIOUS solution, go off the grid! What did we do before cell phones? It doesn't cure the "problem" but it limits the tracking ability for Cell issues anyway.

But then again, that leads me to another question that I hope isn't off topic. The new X Box stuff allows you to see yourself playing, and can even snapshot while playing. People we go to church with, caught their son speaking with someone who was watching their home from the X box, because the Connect live was on, or something like that. If Verizon is the fiber optic system that does our "bundle" (cable, internet, phone) does that mean the government can actually watch and see what's going on in your home????

If they can do that, they can do it on your webcam on your laptop and your camera on your cell phone too... I'm not worried about the new console's capabilities... My guess is your friend's either need to look at their network security or their son invited or accepted a chat from the guy...

That's not what they're doing though... From what I've read they're not doing anything with the content being exchanged... That we know of anyway...

June 6th, 2013, 10:02 pm
Pro Bowl Player

There are viruses out there where someone can get into your smartphone or computer and activate your webcam/camera without you knowing. This stuff is real:

http://virusfreephone.com/2012/10/us-na ... malware-2/

June 6th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Blueskies wrote:
There are viruses out there where someone can get into your smartphone or computer and activate your webcam/camera without you knowing. This stuff is real:

http://virusfreephone.com/2012/10/us-na ... malware-2/

Absolutely... One of the best things we can all learn is how to protect ourselves from online intrusion...

June 6th, 2013, 11:32 pm
NFL Veteran

WarEr4Christ wrote:

I would have to assume your either not a tech savvy person, of an older generation or maybe even both. Your jumping a multitude of steps for the government to be able to use the Xbox One to spy on you. While it would be possible for people to watch you through your xbox it would require a massive conspiracy between MS and the Government to do it without you initiating it in the first place. The camera on these things is for the motion sensor systems and to be used for programs like skype, some games, and group movie/tv viewings. The streaming of your live video to another location is something that would not happen consistently and anyone that looked at their data usage would notice very quickly if their camera was recording and transferring data constantly. A large majority of internet providers may even begin to throttle your data speeds down if you were using that much bandwidth. The biggest problem with the Xbox One being connected all the time is MS doing the same thing Google does now with customized ads picked for you from their collected data, so if you have any viewing or gaming habits you like to keep secret they may be revealed the next time someone else turns on your xbox.

If the government really wanted to monitor you at home there is a plethora of ways they could do it right now and I think they would focus way more on what your doing on your PC then watch you sit on your coach.

June 6th, 2013, 11:39 pm
QB Coach

rao wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I would have to assume your either not a tech savvy person, of an older generation or maybe even both. Your jumping a multitude of steps for the government to be able to use the Xbox One to spy on you. While it would be possible for people to watch you through your xbox it would require a massive conspiracy between MS and the Government to do it without you initiating it in the first place. The camera on these things is for the motion sensor systems and to be used for programs like skype, some games, and group movie/tv viewings. The streaming of your live video to another location is something that would not happen consistently and anyone that looked at their data usage would notice very quickly if their camera was recording and transferring data constantly. A large majority of internet providers may even begin to throttle your data speeds down if you were using that much bandwidth. The biggest problem with the Xbox One being connected all the time is MS doing the same thing Google does now with customized ads picked for you from their collected data, so if you have any viewing or gaming habits you like to keep secret they may be revealed the next time someone else turns on your xbox.

If the government really wanted to monitor you at home there is a plethora of ways they could do it right now and I think they would focus way more on what your doing on your PC then watch you sit on your coach.

Agreed. Also, the "new" thing you're referring to isn't new at all. It's been out for a couple years now. It's called Kinect. As for people from your church catching someone watching their home, that's unlikely. What's more likely is their kid was chatting with someone who he games with, and the parents didn't like it and the kid lied about not having initiated it or set it up.

Rao is right. The level of conspiracy required to do all this is too much, and it's not a smart way to try to see what people are up to.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

June 7th, 2013, 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2