View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next
 Killer's Korner 
Author Message
Post Re: Killer's Korner
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Dood looks like a homeless crackhead. It's a shame no one has gotten him help as of yet, and it doesn't look like he's going to get it. He needs a serious, in depth mental evaluation.
Granted I haven't been following this story closely, but what I have head/read is that people have offered help, but he doesn't want/accept it. Its about time someone 'forces' that help upon him, likely via the US prison system now. He's likely at a crossroads right now. If he gets the help he needs, he could live a 'normal' life; if he doesn't and ends up getting 'institutionalized', he'll likely be struggling for a while. I just hope he gets the help he needs and not the latter.


IMO he needs to be "institutionalized" inside a mental health facility (I think you were referring to the prison system) for at least 3 months just for doctors to get a good "read" on him.


May 13th, 2013, 10:42 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Sad stuff. Apparently he was already on some powerful drugs. I hope Titus gets the help he needs.

Quote:
Titus Young's dad speaks on recent arrests: 'That's not my son'
http://www.freep.com/article/20130513/S ... 0165/1049/
9:13 PM, May 13, 2013
By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

It started as a good day, and that hasn’t always been the case with Titus Young recently.

But Friday, hours before he was arrested for the third time in less than a week, the former Lions receiver was in a cheerful mood driving around Los Angeles with his father, Richard.

They went to a local Winchell’s Donut House, got coffee and doughnuts, gave their spare change to a couple of panhandlers and cruised back home with the convertible top down on Young’s black Ford Mustang.

“We were really talking, and so I was loving it,” Richard Young told the Free Press. “We get home, and he said, ‘Daddy, I left my phone in the car. Can I get my phone?’ ’Cause usually I give my wife the key to hold the key, ’cause he’s not supposed to be driving. And I gave him the key, he sat in the car for a minute, and he took off and we ain’t seen him since.”

By midnight, Young was in police custody facing felony charges of burglary and assault on a peace officer and a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.

Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Jim Amorino said police received two calls about suspicious behavior involving Young before the break-in. And Richard Young, who found out about Titus’ arrest in a Sunday morning phone call, said he hopes this is the wake-up call his talented son needs to finally get help for the demons that have been haunting him for some time.

Richard Young said Titus Young had sought help recently at outpatient facilities in Texas and in Newport Beach and Malibu, Calif.

Titus Young was supposed to re-enter a program Monday, Richard Young said, when instead he was in the medical ward of the Central Men’s Jail in Santa Ana, Calif.

“I hope they just forgive Titus because this ain’t none of Titus, it wasn’t none of his fault,” Richard Young said. “I look at my son right now, I don’t see my son. That’s not my son. I know my son. Titus is not the boy I really raised, I’m saying the way he act, the way he intermix in society right now. He shut down, he look through you, it’s like he’s depressed. He don’t like to watch TV, he don’t like to get involved with music that much. And these are the things that you’ve got to know what’s going on in the world. Cause we in the world, you’ve got to have a relationship with the world. You’ve got to deal with people. I don’t know, but we’ve been trying to get him help.”

Suspended twice at Boise State, including for most of the 2008 season after a fight with a teammate, Young was considered a substantial character risk when the Lions took him with the 12th pick in the second round of the 2011 draft.

He mostly stayed out of trouble his rookie year, when he fought through a preseason hamstring injury to play all 16 games and catch 48 passes (the same as Calvin Johnson had as a rookie), then last spring began a series of bizarre behaviors that ultimately led to his February release.

In May, he punched teammate Louis Delmas and was sent home from voluntary workouts for a week. In November, apparently frustrated that the ball wasn’t being thrown his way, he purposely lined up in the wrong spot on the field multiple times late in a 24-20 loss to the Packers.

Young was suspended by the team the next week and not allowed to attend a Thanksgiving loss to the Texans. He returned for practice the following week, but was sent home again when it became apparent his presence was a distraction in team meetings the night before a December loss to the Colts.

The Lions pushed Young to get treatment for his problems during that time, thought they declined to discuss specifics then and now citing HIPAA laws.

It was around that time, too, that Richard Young said he started noticing a change in Titus’ behavior. When Titus was sent home before the Colts game, Richard Young said it “seemed like that snowball really, really started spiraling around” and “he really was depressed.”

At one point, Richard Young said he and Titus were talking when Titus laid on a bed and said, “Daddy, I don’t know what’s going on with me.”

“He said, ‘I don’t feel good.’ He just started crying,” Richard Young said. “He said, ‘I just don’t feel good. I’m not myself, I don’t feel good, Dad. I don’t know what’s happening to me.’ ”

While Young had been undergoing periodic counseling and, according to his father, was prescribed the powerful antipsychotic drug Seroquel, Richard Young — who said he thinks Titus’ problems stem from a concussion — said Titus wasn’t taking his medicine regularly.

That, perhaps, explains some of Young’s erratic behavior the past week.

Shortly after midnight May 5, Young was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence after Moreno Valley Police say he made an illegal left turn in front of a patrol car.

Not even 15 hours later, Young was arrested again after he scaled the fence of a tow yard where his Mustang was impounded in an attempt to steal it back, according to Sgt. Lisa McConnell of the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

On Friday, after Young left his house and headed south toward San Diego, Amorino said the Orange County Sheriff’s Department received a call around 6 p.m. from a resident complaining about a black Mustang parked in his driveway with a male driver passed out inside.

Police, the fire department and an ambulance were dispatched, and Amorino said the Mustang, which was registered to Young, sped away nearly hitting the fire truck.

Two hours later, Amorino said police received another call complaining about a black male in a burgundy undershirt standing on a corner looking into cars as they drove by or were parked along the street.

Police searched the area and couldn’t find Young, but Amorino said they towed his Mustang from a local commercial district.

Around 11:30 p.m., police said Young broke into a San Clemente house through an upstairs bathroom window. The homeowner told California TV station KTLA that he scared off Young after he got up to load the rifle he keeps under his bed, and Amorino said police found Young hiding in the shrubs in the backyard.

Young tried to flee from police and was detained after a brief struggle where he allegedly punched an officer.

While Young is scheduled for a video arraignment today, it’s unlikely that hearing will take place considering his bizarre behavior and that he has been on a medical hold since his incarceration.

If it does, Richard Young said the family will ask a judge to make sure he seeks treatment “because he’s not staying with it and he needs that help.”

“We want y’all to pray for the Young family,” Richard Young said. “Ain’t nothing we can do, man, but pray. We just want Titus to get well, that’s all we’re doing right now. We ain’t thinking about football, we’re thinking about our son now because I don’t know what’s going on with him.”

Contact Dave Birkett: 313-222-2037 or dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 13th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1354
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Killer's Korner
He's even worse than I thought. This story is becoming incredibly worse the more that things are released. He really does need to be forcibly institutionalized some where that he can be monitored and given his medication regularly until he is able to take care of himself.


May 13th, 2013, 10:55 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Nice article about CJ on Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... ne-fingers

Quote:
This morning, Calvin Johnson reportedly confirmed something that we’ve sorta known, but not really known, for a few months. Then he didn’t. Right now, we know this much: For a significant portion of a season in which he broke the single-season record for receiving yards, Megatron played with at least one messed-up finger.

Now, as others have noted, broken fingers for wide receivers are not uncommon. Torry Holt looks like this. Antonio Freeman can’t wear his Super Bowl ring because notorious bunghole/finger-breaker Brett Favre ruined his hands.

That said, Calvin Johnson still came 36 yards short of 2,000 with some dingy digits. Have you ever broken a finger? I have. It hurts. Have you ever felt a football? I have. It’s hard. This would be an uncomfortable arrangement even if Chad Pennington were the Lions quarterback. To be clear, he is not.

Really, I’m just using this fingers stuff as an excuse to post the above YouTube video and remind everyone that Megatron is Megatron, and he is barely real. This may be a product of my Bears-fandom-influenced desire to discount any success from other NFC North teams, but somehow I feel like Calvin Johnson is still underrated. Considering he was no. 3 on NFL Network’s player-voted list of the 100 best players in the league a year ago, I don't know how that could possibly be true, but again, those are my issues.

Outside of the quarterback upper class (Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers), there is no more influential offensive player in football than Johnson, and it’s that status as the ultimate threat that actually makes his accomplishments more impressive. For almost the entirety of his career in Detroit, Johnson hasn’t just been the Lions’ primary offensive option — he’s been their only one. When Johnson had 1,300 yards in Detroit’s 0-16 2008 campaign, the Lions’ no. 2 wide receiver was Shaun McDonald — with 332 yards. In 2011, it was Nate Burleson. Even if Nate Burleson hasn’t played for your team, he has. Last season, it was Titus Young. And that’s all I will say about that.

That’s saying nothing about the five-headed Shaun Hill–Dan Orlovsky–Daunte Culpepper–Drew Stanton–Jon Kitna monster that’s started at quarterback for more than half of Johnson’s career games. Johnson’s numbers may be inflated by the Lions’ pass-happy approach, but they’re deflated by everything else. His past two seasons stack up with any 32-game stretch ever, regardless of era, and with 10 working fingers, I can only imagine this year will be more of the same.


May 21st, 2013, 7:49 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: Killer's Korner
UK Lion wrote:
Nice article about CJ on Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... ne-fingers

Quote:
This morning, Calvin Johnson reportedly confirmed something that we’ve sorta known, but not really known, for a few months. Then he didn’t. Right now, we know this much: For a significant portion of a season in which he broke the single-season record for receiving yards, Megatron played with at least one messed-up finger.

Now, as others have noted, broken fingers for wide receivers are not uncommon. Torry Holt looks like this. Antonio Freeman can’t wear his Super Bowl ring because notorious bunghole/finger-breaker Brett Favre ruined his hands.

That said, Calvin Johnson still came 36 yards short of 2,000 with some dingy digits. Have you ever broken a finger? I have. It hurts. Have you ever felt a football? I have. It’s hard. This would be an uncomfortable arrangement even if Chad Pennington were the Lions quarterback. To be clear, he is not.

Really, I’m just using this fingers stuff as an excuse to post the above YouTube video and remind everyone that Megatron is Megatron, and he is barely real. This may be a product of my Bears-fandom-influenced desire to discount any success from other NFC North teams, but somehow I feel like Calvin Johnson is still underrated. Considering he was no. 3 on NFL Network’s player-voted list of the 100 best players in the league a year ago, I don't know how that could possibly be true, but again, those are my issues.

Outside of the quarterback upper class (Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers), there is no more influential offensive player in football than Johnson, and it’s that status as the ultimate threat that actually makes his accomplishments more impressive. For almost the entirety of his career in Detroit, Johnson hasn’t just been the Lions’ primary offensive option — he’s been their only one. When Johnson had 1,300 yards in Detroit’s 0-16 2008 campaign, the Lions’ no. 2 wide receiver was Shaun McDonald — with 332 yards. In 2011, it was Nate Burleson. Even if Nate Burleson hasn’t played for your team, he has. Last season, it was Titus Young. And that’s all I will say about that.

That’s saying nothing about the five-headed Shaun Hill–Dan Orlovsky–Daunte Culpepper–Drew Stanton–Jon Kitna monster that’s started at quarterback for more than half of Johnson’s career games. Johnson’s numbers may be inflated by the Lions’ pass-happy approach, but they’re deflated by everything else. His past two seasons stack up with any 32-game stretch ever, regardless of era, and with 10 working fingers, I can only imagine this year will be more of the same.


Pfft... Doggin It.


May 21st, 2013, 12:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9401
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Killer's Korner
freep wrote:
Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh ready to lead defensive line, Jim Schwartz says

Ndamukong Suh missed most of the Detroit Lions’ off-season conditioning program and has not spent much time with teammates during the off-season, but coach Jim Schwartz thinks his star defensive tackle is ready to become a leader.

“I think particularly a guy like Ndamukong Suh, that’s something he’s embraced,” Schwartz said at today’s organized team activity. “He’s been working very hard and he’s sort of been — I don’t want to say waiting for that opportunity — but when he came in as a rookie, he came into a group that had a lot veteran players.”

Kyle Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams and Cliff Avril provided that example in the past. And now Schwartz believes Suh is ready to take up the mantle of leadership on the evolving defensive line.

“And he did a good job of learning behind those guys,” Schwartz said. “But now that he’s a young veteran it’s time for him and lot of other guys to start showing that leadership. And that comes from this time of year, it comes from training camp, it comes from the regular season.”

Schwartz said he was not disappointed about Suh’s decision to train away from the team before OTAs.

“I think the important thing is when we’re on the field and doing this stuff, he’s been here now,” Schwartz said. “And he came in in great shape. A lot of guys choose to train other places. A lot of guys have other things that they’re going to do, and that’s the nature of this business. This isn’t a mandatory off-season.”

While Schwartz expects more leadership from Suh, teammates don’t seem to. They’ve come to accept his quiet, private manner off the field. Suh was not available for comment.

“Nah, you know how Suh is,” linebacker Stephen Tulloch said. “Suh’s a quiet guy.

“But I’ll tell you one thing: He’s very dominant, so I can’t get mad at him. He can be as quiet as wants. He’s a dominant player, one of the most dominant defensive tackles out I’ve been around. He doesn’t say much; very businesslike person. But as a player, definitely well respected and comes to work every day in practice.”

Tulloch pointed out that every player is different, and that it’s possibly unfair to expect playing excellence and leadership to march in lockstep.

“No, you can’t, you can’t,” Tulloch said. “It doesn’t work that way. I mentioned Albert Haynesworth — dominant. One of the most dominant defensive tackles I’ve been around and he was a great player, but he wasn’t a guy to rally guys around him and rah, rah, rah, rah! He just did his thing.

“And I think Suh’s the same way. He’s a great player and he doesn’t have that ‘hey, come on, guys,’ whatever. He’s going to do his thing and you kind of follow his lead: I’m going to work and you guys work hard with me.”

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 23rd, 2013, 8:33 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3178
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Killer's Korner
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions- ... 47e801aff3

I think Edwards has a good shot and I like Fauria. I guess we'll see what happens into the preseason.


July 2nd, 2013, 7:40 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Well well well. While reading the Comments on this article (Yes i was that bored) and wow do the Lions page commenters have ridiculous ideas of who is good and who isnt... they make almost evereyone on this forum look like a genius.

Then I came across this little gem by our old friend TSE.

Quote:
Scott Zitrick · Follow · Ross School of Business

I don't think Patrick makes it. He didn't seem too close last year when other guys were given brief stints, and we have several more viable WR choices this season than we did last year. If he makes this team this year then that's puzzling why they cut him last year. Something wouldn't make much sense if they couldn't profile him then to get a little bit better this year to the point that he's exciting considering we had limited decent options at the bottom of the WR chart last year.

He's OUT, and there's about 10 guys on this team that I think would have been more interesting to single out as sleepers. This name doesn't fit this article very well and there's a lot of interesting cats on this team that could surprise, what about them? Somebody should cover the SLEEPERS!

-The Strategy Expert.


As Normal, doesnt know what hes talking about as he doesnt realize Edwards was put on IR which is why he didnt come in when our other WRs went down. Just had to post our old friends "insights".


July 3rd, 2013, 2:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3335
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Killer's Korner
DJ-B wrote:
Well well well. While reading the Comments on this article (Yes i was that bored) and wow do the Lions page commenters have ridiculous ideas of who is good and who isnt... they make almost evereyone on this forum look like a genius.

Then I came across this little gem by our old friend TSE.

Quote:
Scott Zitrick · Follow · Ross School of Business

I don't think Patrick makes it. He didn't seem too close last year when other guys were given brief stints, and we have several more viable WR choices this season than we did last year. If he makes this team this year then that's puzzling why they cut him last year. Something wouldn't make much sense if they couldn't profile him then to get a little bit better this year to the point that he's exciting considering we had limited decent options at the bottom of the WR chart last year.

He's OUT, and there's about 10 guys on this team that I think would have been more interesting to single out as sleepers. This name doesn't fit this article very well and there's a lot of interesting cats on this team that could surprise, what about them? Somebody should cover the SLEEPERS!


-The Strategy Expert.


As Normal, doesnt know what hes talking about as he doesnt realize Edwards was put on IR which is why he didnt come in when our other WRs went down. Just had to post our old friends "insights".


Yeah I see TSE on Pro Football Talk comments, and I laugh every time I read his comments.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


July 3rd, 2013, 2:49 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3761
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Killer's Korner
kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Well well well. While reading the Comments on this article (Yes i was that bored) and wow do the Lions page commenters have ridiculous ideas of who is good and who isnt... they make almost evereyone on this forum look like a genius.

Then I came across this little gem by our old friend TSE.

Quote:
Scott Zitrick · Follow · Ross School of Business

I don't think Patrick makes it. He didn't seem too close last year when other guys were given brief stints, and we have several more viable WR choices this season than we did last year. If he makes this team this year then that's puzzling why they cut him last year. Something wouldn't make much sense if they couldn't profile him then to get a little bit better this year to the point that he's exciting considering we had limited decent options at the bottom of the WR chart last year.

He's OUT, and there's about 10 guys on this team that I think would have been more interesting to single out as sleepers. This name doesn't fit this article very well and there's a lot of interesting cats on this team that could surprise, what about them? Somebody should cover the SLEEPERS!


-The Strategy Expert.


As Normal, doesnt know what hes talking about as he doesnt realize Edwards was put on IR which is why he didnt come in when our other WRs went down. Just had to post our old friends "insights".


Yeah I see TSE on Pro Football Talk comments, and I laugh every time I read his comments.



we should invite him back...just for the offseason.

give us someone to laugh at and liven up the boards lil bit durring the slow period. to be honest with as slow as it has been round here I'm missing the Steesns's and the Sly's. they may be controvertial,and sometimes just disagreeable, but they made the place more interesting when it's the offseason.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 3rd, 2013, 5:28 pm
Profile
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Sly just didn't like people disagreeing with him and was too hard headed about politics in particular. In that aspect, his ideas were always correct

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


July 3rd, 2013, 11:05 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3178
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Killer's Korner
Lions waived Bill Nagy today. So much for him being the heir apparent to Dom.


July 25th, 2013, 5:30 pm
Profile
Post Re: Killer's Korner
DJ-B wrote:
Well well well. While reading the Comments on this article (Yes i was that bored) and wow do the Lions page commenters have ridiculous ideas of who is good and who isnt... they make almost evereyone on this forum look like a genius.

Then I came across this little gem by our old friend TSE.

Quote:
Scott Zitrick · Follow · Ross School of Business

I don't think Patrick makes it. He didn't seem too close last year when other guys were given brief stints, and we have several more viable WR choices this season than we did last year. If he makes this team this year then that's puzzling why they cut him last year. Something wouldn't make much sense if they couldn't profile him then to get a little bit better this year to the point that he's exciting considering we had limited decent options at the bottom of the WR chart last year.

He's OUT, and there's about 10 guys on this team that I think would have been more interesting to single out as sleepers. This name doesn't fit this article very well and there's a lot of interesting cats on this team that could surprise, what about them? Somebody should cover the SLEEPERS!

-The Strategy Expert.


As Normal, doesnt know what hes talking about as he doesnt realize Edwards was put on IR which is why he didnt come in when our other WRs went down. Just had to post our old friends "insights".


Wait a minute... Scott Zitrick is the "strategy expert"?


July 25th, 2013, 6:53 pm
Post Re: Killer's Korner
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Lions waived Bill Nagy today. So much for him being the heir apparent to Dom.


hahahahaha

And I just keep laughing at the incompetence of it all, and you guys just keep saying "wjb, you don't know what's going on behind closed doors..."


July 25th, 2013, 6:55 pm
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Killer's Korner
wjb21ndtown wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Lions waived Bill Nagy today. So much for him being the heir apparent to Dom.


hahahahaha

And I just keep laughing at the incompetence of it all, and you guys just keep saying "wjb, you don't know what's going on behind closed doors..."


Well, I, for one, never understood how anyone could claim Nagy was better than Dom. Not, that I like Dom. It's just Nagy was never healthy and He never took any snaps. How could anyone know if he was better?


July 25th, 2013, 9:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Footsoldier32, Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.