View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 10:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Zimmerman 
Author Message
Varsity 1st Team
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 242
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Zimmerman
Sure hope nothing bad happens out of the verdict of the Zimmerman case.


NOT GUILTY, Just as I thought



Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


July 13th, 2013, 10:01 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2794
Post Re: Zimmerman
Yeah, anyone that looked at the facts and blocked out the political and racial overtones of the case saw it as a plain as day self defense case.

It still doesn't take away the tragedy of a young man being dead, but we'll see tensions rise just because some won't let the opportunity go to waste.


July 13th, 2013, 11:00 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9489
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Zimmerman
Plenty of reasonable doubt, and plenty of reasons to doubt on both sides. I can see how some are upset with the decision, but legally it was a pretty clear verdict.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 14th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Zimmerman
Has anyone looked at the overall damage to the nation this has brought about?

I can't speak to the legal information, as I did not follow it, but I do work in an environment that is heavily African American, and I can tell you that many of them were watching with baited breath.

Now that this verdict is out, it is one more piece of straw to deepen the divide between the races. I don't wish for anything to happen to anyone, but as a nation that is coming apart at the seams, we didn't need this to happen.

I feel sorry for this deeply divided country that is on a downward spiral in more ways than one.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 14th, 2013, 4:17 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2794
Post Re: Zimmerman
The divide started when It was made political. It had already become racial when the media misrepresented the facts and started editing 911 calls and videos. When the President stepped in and commented, he made it a national issue. This was the 2nd case that he knew nothing about, but chose to interject himself into, which is not what Presidents are supposed to do. This case wouldn't have ever seen a courtroom if it didn't garner that attention. But it did and they were forced to bring a case before a judge that they had zero chance of winning. And instead of just admitting it, they tried to play on the emotions while everyone was watching, making it worse.


July 14th, 2013, 5:25 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Zimmerman
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Has anyone looked at the overall damage to the nation this has brought about?

Now that this verdict is out, it is one more piece of straw to deepen the divide between the races. I don't wish for anything to happen to anyone, but as a nation that is coming apart at the seams, we didn't need this to happen.

I feel sorry for this deeply divided country that is on a downward spiral in more ways than one.

We need more dads willing to stand up for their neighborhoods like George Zimmerman was willing to do, and fewer kids acting like thug wannabe Trayvon Martin. Unfortunately we will probably get the opposite.

This country is racially divided because race hustlers want to keep the country racially divided no matter how much it hurts Black people. When VP Biden went in front of a Black audience and said, "They want to keep y'all in chains!", it did not get Obama one vote he did not already have. In the short run it was just election hyperbole. Unfortunately, in the long run, what it did was give angry young Black men a reason to hate White people even more. Yep, this country is racially divided. Until the other side wants it to heal, it will remain an open, festering wound.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


July 15th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12137
Post Re: Zimmerman
TruckinMack wrote:
We need more dads willing to stand up for their neighborhoods like George Zimmerman was willing to do, and fewer kids acting like thug wannabe Trayvon Martin. Unfortunately we will probably get the opposite.
I forget, what exactly was Mr Martin doing that was 'wannabe thuggish'?

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


July 15th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Zimmerman
TheRealWags wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
We need more dads willing to stand up for their neighborhoods like George Zimmerman was willing to do, and fewer kids acting like thug wannabe Trayvon Martin. Unfortunately we will probably get the opposite.
I forget, what exactly was Mr Martin doing that was 'wannabe thuggish'?

The night he attacked George Zimmerman? I dunno. Nothing much, aside from attacking George Zimmerman, punching him repeatedly and slamming his head into the concrete. (You might call this normal behavior, but I would call it thuggish.)

I, however, did not say poor little Trayvon was acting thuggish prior to his confrontation with George Zimmerman. I called him a thug wannabe because of his prior FB posts, pics and tweets, not to mention his run ins with the law and school administration.

Still Wags, as I assume you are up to speed on all of these issues, is it your contention that poor little Trayvon was not a thug wannabe? Perhaps you are just asking a question for the purpose of stimulating conversation?

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


July 15th, 2013, 4:24 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Zimmerman
http://rare.us/story/nugent-zimmerman-verdict-vindicates-citizen-patrols-self-defense/?SSFEAT=1085RareHomeMostPopular-1363822740419&SREF=CustomerSite&SFBState=Unknown
Ted Nugent breaks down the issue as only Ted Nugent can.
Quote:
With an obvious racist chip on his shoulder, referencing the neighborhood watch guy as a “creepy (rectum) cracker” to his fellow racist female friend who admitted under oath that that is how non-blacks are referred to normally in their circles, Trayvon had no reason not to attack, because it was the standard thug thing to do.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


July 15th, 2013, 4:40 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Zimmerman
Here is what I dont understand...i have heard over and over that this is increasing tensions between white and blacks. Isn't Zimmerman a "Latino"?

is everyone not black considered a white nowadays???

I'm very confused!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 15th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Zimmerman
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425
Quote:
He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

I'm thinking Zimmerman would be called Black Hispanic under normal circumstances. News reporters and journalists being lying sacks of puss, Zimmerman first and foremost is called 'White'.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


July 15th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2692
Post Re: Zimmerman
Quote:
I, however, did not say poor little Trayvon was acting thuggish prior to his confrontation with George Zimmerman. I called him a thug wannabe because of his prior FB posts, pics and tweets, not to mention his run ins with the law and school administration.


Yes, all 17 year old thug-wannabes deserve death.

I think Zimmerman could've gotten manslaughter if the prosecution did a better job. Really, there was never any evidence to convict him of murder, but I think he was probably guilty of manslaughter.

Quote:
In the case of manslaughter, according to the instructions read by the judge, jurors must find that Zimmerman committed an act "that was not merely negligent, justified or excusable and which caused death." The crime carries a prison sentence of up to 30 years.


He was told not to leave his vehicle. Zimmerman, being a wannabe cop, disobeys the dispatcher's orders, takes his loaded gun, and goes and picks a fight with a kid. He was looking for trouble.


July 15th, 2013, 10:09 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3137
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Zimmerman
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Has anyone looked at the overall damage to the nation this has brought about?

I can't speak to the legal information, as I did not follow it, but I do work in an environment that is heavily African American, and I can tell you that many of them were watching with baited breath.

Now that this verdict is out, it is one more piece of straw to deepen the divide between the races. I don't wish for anything to happen to anyone, but as a nation that is coming apart at the seams, we didn't need this to happen.

I feel sorry for this deeply divided country that is on a downward spiral in more ways than one.

I disagree about the country heading downhill. I think we are evolving as a people, and for the better. Even today a lot of these types of crimes aren't even mentioned, but more are than ever before. 50 years ago it definitely wouldn't have been mentioned. People nowadays are bringing to light the crimes that are committed much more than they were years ago. The difference is that we now have so many different platforms by which to find out about things, so it seems like things are worse, when in reality there is less crime than there used to be.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


July 15th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9888
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Zimmerman
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
I, however, did not say poor little Trayvon was acting thuggish prior to his confrontation with George Zimmerman. I called him a thug wannabe because of his prior FB posts, pics and tweets, not to mention his run ins with the law and school administration.


Yes, all 17 year old thug-wannabes deserve death.

I think Zimmerman could've gotten manslaughter if the prosecution did a better job. Really, there was never any evidence to convict him of murder, but I think he was probably guilty of manslaughter.

Quote:
In the case of manslaughter, according to the instructions read by the judge, jurors must find that Zimmerman committed an act "that was not merely negligent, justified or excusable and which caused death." The crime carries a prison sentence of up to 30 years.


He was told not to leave his vehicle. Zimmerman, being a wannabe cop, disobeys the dispatcher's orders, takes his loaded gun, and goes and picks a fight with a kid. He was looking for trouble.


How EXACTLY did George Zimmerman go picking a fight, Blue Skies? By following someone? That's not picking a fight. By disobeying a dispatcher's orders? He did NOT disobey an "order". He was simply told he didn't have to do it. He was not given an official police order to stop.

So, a wannabe thug attacks a wannabe cop, and somehow it's the guy's fault who gets attacked? Absolute BULLSH!T. Martin was the antagonist, the aggressor, the attacker. He had no provocation, none, to launch the attack he did. It was a almost a minute of being attacked before Zimmerman pulled his gun. Do you realize how long a minute seems like when you are being punched, pummelled and having your head slammed into concrete?

I am an advocated of self defense. I practice it, I teach it. I advocate concealed and open carry for self defense purposes. Prior to all the evidence coming to light, I had my doubts as to whether George Zimmerman needed to pull out a gun and shoot. I now have absolutely no doubt he had every right to do so, and if he hadn't he'd likely be dead or disabled with severe head trauma.

Trayvon Martin made a poor decision that cost him his life. He had more than enough time to stop his attack, and he CHOSE not to. He chose his fate. George Zimmerman had every right to defend himself using whatever force necessary to do so. A dead man who didn't break the law is not morally superior to a dead man who was breaking the law. And spin it any way you want, even at 17 years old, Trayvon Martin was a man. If he had been raping your daughter, would you want him tried as a minor, or as an adult. If you answer truthfully, then you know what I mean.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 15th, 2013, 11:12 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1203
Post Re: Zimmerman
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
Yes, all 17 year old thug-wannabes deserve death.

He was told not to leave his vehicle. Zimmerman, being a wannabe cop, disobeys the dispatcher's orders, takes his loaded gun, and goes and picks a fight with a kid. He was looking for trouble.

Do you really think all 17 year old thug wannabes deserve death? Wow! You are an idiot.

He was given a direct order by the police and disobeyed that order? Damn, the prosecution should have called you in as a witness, because no one else knew about that.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


July 15th, 2013, 11:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.