View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 31st, 2014, 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Detroit files for bankruptcy 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Detroit files for bankruptcy
If you say so, but the numbers don't support it. Downtown-downtown might be popular, but the city continues to dwindle in population and there are still plenty of $500 houses.

Of course, I should say that Sly could be right in a way. If all the major cities go bankrupt then I suppose you can point to their leftist politics as the cause:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-2 ... bt-triples

July 29th, 2013, 12:34 am
Blueskies wrote:
If you say so, but the numbers don't support it. Downtown-downtown might be popular, but the city continues to dwindle in population and there are still plenty of $500 houses.

Of course, I should say that Sly could be right in a way. If all the major cities go bankrupt then I suppose you can point to their leftist politics as the cause:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-2 ... bt-triples

There are plenty of $500 houses, but you can't move into them. That's the issue. The City won't issue certificates of occupancy, and the inspections and whatnot are a nightmare. It's ridiculous down there.

July 29th, 2013, 12:51 am
RIP Killer

I work with a guy that bought a NICE home in the Palmer Park area. And he has supported what wjb is stating. He moved from the Boston area to here a few years back, and he said the hoops he had to jump through to purchase and live in that house were ridiculous. He almost backed out of the deal because of the difficult time he had with the city.

July 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm
m2karateman wrote:
I work with a guy that bought a NICE home in the Palmer Park area. And he has supported what wjb is stating. He moved from the Boston area to here a few years back, and he said the hoops he had to jump through to purchase and live in that house were ridiculous. He almost backed out of the deal because of the difficult time he had with the city.

And those houses are $300k, and really, really nice. Imagine trying to get the City to approve the occupancy on some house you bought for $500, or even $30,000. The list of "violations" are ridiculous, and they are far from consistent.

July 29th, 2013, 3:53 pm
Heisman Winner

In Detroit it's all about who's hand you grease.

July 29th, 2013, 4:05 pm
QB Coach

What about squatters rights, can you move into a home and begin living there for a period of time, and therefore claim it? I know in some European countries squatters can not be evicted, and there was a case here in Indiana where a family tried to return to their home from another state, only to find that squatters had moved in, and they had a terrible time evicting them. Not sure if they ever did

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 29th, 2013, 8:58 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Let's face it, Democratic/libtard policies caused Detroit to fall. Since the current residents of that city voted for those scumbags, they got what they deserve. I have ZERO sympathy for them because of it.

August 25th, 2013, 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2