View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions v Browns 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Lions v Browns
Hystrix wrote:
The Defense, on the other hand, concerns me. Giving up 24 points to Cleveland. It's like no one even tried.
Someone mentioned yesterday that the play in the regular season so maybe they were being 'vanilla'...don't know as I haven't seen the game yet, but I guess its possible dontknow.gif

August 16th, 2013, 9:13 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
The Defense, on the other hand, concerns me. Giving up 24 points to Cleveland. It's like no one even tried.
Someone mentioned yesterday that the play in the regular season so maybe they were being 'vanilla'...don't know as I haven't seen the game yet, but I guess its possible dontknow.gif

That is absolutely true. Looking at the offense they are extremely vanilla. There was very little shifting going on pre-snap, it barely looked like our offense. And no team game plans their opponent in The preseason. So while the 3 and outs are disappointing due to the online needing more work together, I'm no where near panic mode yet.

That said, the online looked terrible (and while the tackles looked solid in the 1st quarter last week, the interior line was pretty bad last week too) and I can't even count the missed tackles that happened yesterday. Those are things that, if carried into the regular season, spell disaster. Swartz better be riding the guys pretty hard when they get home, cuz if they play like this next week, it's going to be hard to get excited come week one.

August 16th, 2013, 9:23 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Barf.

Some of my recs:
-Start Slay and Warford (and possibly even Whitehead), even if there is a learning curve. There's no sense in starting the 'reliable' veterans if they're anything but.
-Find a way to keep Fauria: guy looks like a beast out there. I'd even consider cutting Pettigrew because he's reaching Scott Mitchell levels of maddening inconsistency.

It occurred to me: the game against the Niners in '11 was when things really started to go down the tubes. Not only did we lose Best, but I think Schwartz lost the team with his outburst. Schwartz is done. Mayhew has given him talented players and he and his assistants apparently can't do anything with them. Sick of this coaching staff. I think the players are too.

August 16th, 2013, 9:29 am
Modmin Dude

thelomasbrowns wrote:
It occurred to me: the game against the Niners in '11 was when things really started to go down the tubes. Not only did we lose Best, but I think Schwartz lost the team with his outburst. Schwartz is done. Mayhew has given him talented players and he and his assistants apparently can't do anything with them. Sick of this coaching staff. I think the players are too.
I've been thinking the same thing since it happened. They look like a completely different team since that game. Not sure if its possible for a coach to 'regain' a team after they've 'lost' them....

August 16th, 2013, 10:00 am
TheRealWags wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Uhm, no. Even "playing vanilla" (which should be easy), there were still a ton of misreads, miscues and mistakes.

Our DL is still having trouble getting pressure. Fairly looks great, Suh looks like a one-man band, doing whatever he wants, and Ansah has looked mediocre. It's virtually the same D as last year, with the addition of Glover (which is big, finally a legitimate S), and our CBs are better with Slay, IMO. I don't think Bently will stay healthy or amount to much. Adre Goodman style...

August 16th, 2013, 12:38 pm
Team MVP

Was pissed I forgot to DVR this game when I went camping (although Id rather listen to Dan Miller anyway), now im thinking i was better off not watching it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 18th, 2013, 6:15 pm
3rd Round Selection

Agree with a lot of what the Legend has to say. Not looking hugely promising for the season, although it is only pre-season and I'm sure we all remember what happened when we went 4-0!

The penalties were concerning, too. Really don't want to see a lack of discipline hit us again.

Only positives for me were the hustle from the d-line (pleased to see the level of effort/motor remains even without KVB's leadership) and Bush as a receiving threat (I was going to say dual purpose threat, but we showed nothing in the run game).

August 19th, 2013, 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2