View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Tony Scheffler 
Team MVP

Post Tony Scheffler
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... hree-plays

So Schef only got 3 snaps last night, and there are some theories about what it means. Wanting to see the young guys is more probable, but the article also mentions a trade possibly.

Who needs a TE and could we get a decent LB or S for him?

August 17th, 2013, 12:53 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Tony Scheffler
Our PS3 opponent needs a TE after their committed murder...

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 17th, 2013, 12:58 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

given the state of stafford s targets not named johnson or bush it seems hard to believe that scheffler would be traded. there is still not a a great No 2 WR. Neither Burleson or Broyles seem to be ahead of even Patrick Edwards at this point although they will eventually. Pettigrew cannot lineup as a WR the same way that Scheffler can. That means if Scheffler is traded than Fauria would be making the team and performing strongly enough to be a 2nd TE and a 3rd/4th WR. Im not convinced that has happened yet. Michael Williams is more of a Will Heller replacement not Scheffler. Further one would have to consider the state of job security in the front office and coaching staff, while it may be wise to gamble on Fauria's future it might not be so clear from Mayhew/Schwartz perspective if a losing season this year equals hitting the unemployment line.

If Scheffler were traded the Lions could use a starting OLB but seem to be more likely to land a late round draft pick and then try to use Scheffler s cap space to sign someone to help on the OL or LB spots.

August 17th, 2013, 1:14 pm
Team MVP

And I forgot about Baltimore. Maybe we could get a 4th rounder out of them

August 17th, 2013, 1:14 pm
I'd rather we traded Pettigrew. He is a NE type of player. I think they would look past the drops. I think Bill would believe he could work those out of him, and probably can. NE is a focused team that plays like a well oiled machine. Pett needs that. He feeds off of other people's lackadaisical play.

I'd love to see us fleece someone for a first or an actual quality player for Pett. IMO he's garbage and he's going to want way too much when he does resign. That said, if NE gets him, I'm picking him up for my fantasy team. :idea: :arrow:

Further, to Legends point, why we didn't get a quality WR in the 3rd round of last years draft is beyond me. Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams were there, and IMO ready. You guys that said we got our guy, and future big-bodied #2 WR in Fuller can start eating your crow now.

August 17th, 2013, 1:44 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'd rather we traded Pettigrew. He is a NE type of player. I think they would look past the drops. I think Bill would believe he could work those out of him, and probably can. NE is a focused team that plays like a well oiled machine. Pett needs that. He feeds off of other people's lackadaisical play.

I'd love to see us fleece someone for a first or an actual quality player for Pett. IMO he's garbage and he's going to want way too much when he does resign. That said, if NE gets him, I'm picking him up for my fantasy team. :idea: :arrow:

Further, to Legends point, why we didn't get a quality WR in the 3rd round of last years draft is beyond me. Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams were there, and IMO ready.You guys that said we got our guy, and future big-bodied #2 WR in Fuller can start eating your crow now.

Really? Now? Don't you think it's just a tad bit early to say that?

August 17th, 2013, 10:04 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Further, to Legends point, why we didn't get a quality WR in the 3rd round of last years draft is beyond me. Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams were there, and IMO ready.You guys that said we got our guy, and future big-bodied #2 WR in Fuller can start eating your crow now.

Its too early to say that Fuller wont work out but it seems like a poor fit with the Lions. They need reliable pass targets now with Broyles coming back from injury and Burleson older AND coming back from injury. With both of those guys not quite at 100% and questionable durability the 4th and 5th WRs have to actually make the team with a chance to contribute and cant just be development guys incapable of making a 2013 impact like Fuller. It will be hard for the Lions to stash him on the 53 man roster and the fact is that this situation was pretty much a given when Fuller was drafted.

August 17th, 2013, 10:14 pm
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Its too early to say that Fuller wont work out but it seems like a poor fit with the Lions. They need reliable pass targets now with Broyles coming back from injury and Burleson older AND coming back from injury. With both of those guys not quite at 100% and questionable durability the 4th and 5th WRs have to actually make the team with a chance to contribute and cant just be development guys incapable of making a 2013 impact like Fuller. It will be hard for the Lions to stash him on the 53 man roster and the fact is that this situation was pretty much a given when Fuller was drafted.

I agree

August 17th, 2013, 11:37 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Fuller was always a project whoever thought he could start was kidding themselves.

August 18th, 2013, 9:26 am

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Fuller was always a project whoever thought he could start was kidding themselves.

exactly but why draft a project with no place to stash him?

August 18th, 2013, 9:44 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I don't think we'll have an issue getting him onto the practice squad (if we even want him there: he has shown absolutely nothing in training camp).

August 18th, 2013, 12:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The Legend wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I don't think we'll have an issue getting him onto the practice squad (if we even want him there: he has shown absolutely nothing in training camp).

He will develop a hangnail and we will IR him. LOL.

August 19th, 2013, 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]