View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition 
Modmin Dude

Post Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition
Our annual player cut/release thread. Please keep all player cut discussions here. Thx

August 19th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition

August 19th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:

2012 was a real low point on and off the field. This was possibly Mayhew's biggest blunder.

August 19th, 2013, 4:26 pm
TheRealWags wrote:

What a phuckin' joke... Great use of a 4th round draft pick... #-o

August 19th, 2013, 5:55 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

What a phuckin' joke... Great use of a 4th round draft pick... #-o

Why? Cuz all of our other 4th round picks have been so awesome over the past 20 years? They haven't used day two or later pick for anything worth a damn in so long, I don't see why it's worth getting upset over it.

To be honest I was interested in Mike Thomas when we first picked him up. He had a pretty solid year the year before, and should have performed better than anyone else we could have gotten at that time. Should have...

Your crystal ball may have been able to fore see him crapping the bed this badly, but at the time it looked like a decent move when we were in bad ways for healthy wr's. I don't know anyone who thought he would be great, but I was hoping for decent, what we got was........I'll be nice and just say less than expected.

August 19th, 2013, 7:18 pm
QB Coach

Also, it was a 5th round pick. From 2014

August 19th, 2013, 9:13 pm
QB Coach

Phins cut Richard Marshall. Could be an option for us at some point this season. He'll be 29 in December but had solid seasons starting in Carolina and Arizona before getting hurt last year in Miami.

August 20th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
Dolphins start the process of paring roster

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 23, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Matt Scott, Alonzo Highsmith
AP
Teams have to reduce rosters from 90 players to 75 by next Tuesday.

The Dolphins are just getting a head start on the process.

The team announced they had waived five players Friday: Guards Jeff Braun and Chandler Burden, defensive tackle Chris Burnette, linebacker Alonzo Highsmith and wide receiver Kenny Stafford.

Highsmith is the notable name of the bunch, primarily because he shares a name with the former Oilers, Cowboys and Buccaneers running back and Packers personnel man who happens to be his dad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-roster/

August 23rd, 2013, 1:42 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

August 23rd, 2013, 4:43 pm
RIP Killer

5 more to go. The Lions cut Chris Hope, Ronnel Lewis, Myron Lewis and Cody Wilson.

August 25th, 2013, 11:19 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
5 more to go. The Lions cut Chris Hope, Ronnel Lewis, Myron Lewis and Cody Wilson.

The disappointment here is Chris Hope. If you can't make the team on our secondary, your career is done.

August 25th, 2013, 11:25 am
Butkus Award Winner

m2karateman wrote:

:o

I think we should start trading every pick after the 3rd round for players. Those picks are useless at this point.

August 25th, 2013, 1:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Shotty wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

:o

I think we should start trading every pick after the 3rd round for players. Those picks are useless at this point.

I have suggested for years that we trade all our picks, fourth round and later, for 1 round improvements the following year. Example: this years 4th for a 3rd next year, this years 5th for a 4th next year, and so on.

There is always a trade partner willing to do that. Just keep rolling picks over until they eventually become 2nd or 3rd rounders. Future picks are not valued very much for some reason. Teams want the guy they want to take a chance on NOW. So, if the player is right for a team that is interested, they will give up a 3rd rounder next year to get a guy they want this year in the 4th because that guy won't make it to them at the end of the 4th or early in the 5th.

August 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:

i think the lewis cut is the one thats disappointing. 4th round pick from a year ago who they drafted for special teams and looked like he had some potential at DE. I think he ll catch on with a 3-4 team at some point. lions took a guy that they didnt even have a position for with a pick where lots of teams are still grabbing solid starters. jim schwartz even said as much after they took him. for what its worth i thought lewis had done enough to beat out willie young but that took into account young's salary and lewis' potential on special teams.

this is why the organization is so awful.

lewis' cut may be a sign of more painful cuts to come from last years draft - jonte green and chris greenwood could be at risk.

August 25th, 2013, 1:44 pm
NFL Veteran

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

i think the lewis cut is the one thats disappointing. 4th round pick from a year ago who they drafted for special teams and looked like he had some potential at DE. I think he ll catch on with a 3-4 team at some point. lions took a guy that they didnt even have a position for with a pick where lots of teams are still grabbing solid starters. jim schwartz even said as much after they took him. for what its worth i thought lewis had done enough to beat out willie young but that took into account young's salary and lewis' potential on special teams.

this is why the organization is so awful.

lewis' cut may be a sign of more painful cuts to come from last years draft - jonte green and chris greenwood could be at risk.

The worse part about the loss of Lewis is he was finally showing potential and he's got a higher ceiling than Young. They just cut a 4th round pick from a year ago to keep a 7th rounder from 3 years ago that struggled badly as a starter. It's a terrible personnel move and given that Young is going to be a back up this year anyways it makes even less sense to keep the marginally better player with very little room for growth.

August 25th, 2013, 1:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next