View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Should the Lions Sign WR Brandon Lloyd (on the cheap)? 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Should the Lions Sign WR Brandon Lloyd (on the cheap)?
Mufasa wrote:
How come we didn't get into that Jon Baldwin trade from K.C.? He had a lot of upside and I can't judge him based off his years in K.C. with QB situation they had, it was horrible.

Both teams need WRs, so it was just a swap of draft busts. I doubt they were available for anything the Lions could offer.

August 25th, 2013, 2:35 pm
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
How come we didn't get involved in that Jon Baldwin trade from K.C.? He had a lot of upside and I can't judge him based off his years in K.C. with that QB situation they had, it was horrible.

Probably because after dealing with Titus Young, the Lions didn't want another headcase wide receiver. Baldwin had a bad rap when he entered the draft, and my understanding is that he caused some locker room problems in KC not long after he arrived. No thanks. Poor QB play is an excuse for his not putting up better numbers, not a reason. Dwayne Bowe still excelled with those same QBs.

August 26th, 2013, 9:03 am
Walk On

m2karateman wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
How come we didn't get involved in that Jon Baldwin trade from K.C.? He had a lot of upside and I can't judge him based off his years in K.C. with that QB situation they had, it was horrible.

Probably because after dealing with Titus Young, the Lions didn't want another headcase wide receiver. Baldwin had a bad rap when he entered the draft, and my understanding is that he caused some locker room problems in KC not long after he arrived. No thanks. Poor QB play is an excuse for his not putting up better numbers, not a reason. Dwayne Bowe still excelled with those same QBs.

Yeah - I agree that might factor into Mayhew's decision making, and he probably won't take risks on diva/troubled WRs (at least for a while). The problem with taking a "risk guy" is that if they don't pan out, the impact is bigger than just the draft position or cost of the individual player. It impacts the GM's actions afterwards, for reasons of self-preservation - and the GMs just end up shying away from those types of guys for a while. I imagine the Lions might have looked hard at a guy like Marquis Wilson in the draft too, if the Titus thing hadn't happened. Instead, he took a project.

August 26th, 2013, 11:53 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I hope they take a look at Da'Rick Rogers who was released by Bills. He's raw but better than Edwards.

August 26th, 2013, 11:59 am
NFL Veteran

njroar wrote:
I hope they take a look at Da'Rick Rogers who was released by Bills. He's raw but better than Edwards.

He's another WR with problems. Not only did he force himself to have to transfer in college by getting into trouble, but the word was the QBs in BUF had to tell him where to be because he couldn't understand his position. He's either really dumb or really immature, both would be things I assume Mayhew is doing his best to stay away from now.

August 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

ever since I saw Lloyd duck a ball comming to him in San Fran..LITERALLY DUCK THE BALL...I have not wanted him as a Lion, even after he established himself in Denver. Braylon has too many drops for me to be interested in. He's as bad or worse than Pett.

i thinnk if we're going to get anyone worthwhile, we're going to have to trade for it. bundle a couple of 3rd round and beyond picks.....we dont use those worth a darn anyways!

August 26th, 2013, 1:10 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I understand Da'Rick has his issues. And I think the Titus fiasco will make the Lions shy away from him. He's a raw talent and I think the team that has the patience to give him a chance will be grateful. He'll land somewhere.

August 26th, 2013, 1:27 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
I understand Da'Rick has his issues. And I think the Titus fiasco will make the Lions shy away from him. He's a raw talent and I think the team that has the patience to give him a chance will be grateful. He'll land somewhere.

Hope is not a plan for success. Rogers getting cut from a Buffalo team in more dire need of WR talent tells us something. The guy is light years from making an NFL roster.

August 26th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2