View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Name one thing that the federal government does well. 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Name one thing that the federal government does well.
And you aholes want to give them more power?

August 25th, 2013, 11:13 pm
Walk On

Post Re: Name one thing that the federal government does well.
Tax your ungrateful badonkadonk.

August 26th, 2013, 10:15 am
Varsity 1st Team

The government can create more government agencies pretty good.

August 26th, 2013, 4:13 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

They can lie like nobody else can!

August 26th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Bombing brown people?

August 27th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Blueskies wrote:
Bombing brown people?

Hell, bombing anybody. We're still in the record books for the 2 biggest bombs dropped, so.....yeah....

August 27th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Ok, that's brought me to a valid thought. The u.s. government does put together the best military force on the planet. So to be fair, that would have be my "one thing".

Then lying

Then bombing the crap out of enemies.

August 27th, 2013, 6:44 pm

http://youtu.be/dDw-zFFhFgc?t=20s

August 27th, 2013, 7:05 pm
RIP Killer

Covering up aliens

August 28th, 2013, 8:46 pm
RIP Killer

They spend money REALLY well....especially when it's not their own. They also are really good at giving themselves raises, and passing legislation that won't pertain to them.

August 29th, 2013, 9:40 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Let's get serious here. It's obvious that the federal government does several bad things well, but what good things does it do well, efficiently, and cost-effectively?

Having been a member of the military for over 8 years, I'd like to believe that that's the only thing that the federal government does well, but once you factor in the fraud, waste and abuse (which I also contributed in), it's probably one of the least cost-effective departments in the entire government.

Granted, the military does it's job at a high cost, but is there a single other fed government agency that does it's job properly at any cost? I think not.

On a sidenote, the uniformed members of the military are not unionized like the vast majority of other government employees, so take that for what it's worth.

September 1st, 2013, 8:05 am

The government has no profit incentive. Therefore, it will always do things inefficiently. Moreover, because of the nature of the political process, kickbacks and corruption are inevitable.

However, I'm not one to believe (and I think most rational people would agree) that the private sector can adequately provide for all the needs of society. What the private sector can't/won't provide, the government should step in and do.

September 2nd, 2013, 11:50 am
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
The government has no profit incentive. Therefore, it will always do things inefficiently. Moreover, because of the nature of the political process, kickbacks and corruption are inevitable.

However, I'm not one to believe (and I think most rational people would agree) that the private sector can adequately provide for all the needs of society. What the private sector can't/won't provide, the government should step in and do.

Define 'provide'. As in provide exactly what?

Government should not provide anything to the general public that can be had in the private sector by the majority of citizens. Government should not be providing health care. Government should not be providing handouts to those who refuse to work, when they are physically capable of doing so. If anything, at that point government should be creating and providing the jobs for those people, and allow them to purchase those things through work efforts that today too many people are receiving for just filling out the right forms.

Our government has created laws that do not allow monopolies in the private sector, yet they themselves will choose to create their own monopoly under the guise of provisions for the people. That's crap, and it should never, ever happen.

September 3rd, 2013, 3:22 pm

m2karateman wrote:

Government should not provide anything to the general public that can be had in the private sector by the majority of citizens. Government should not be providing health care. Government should not be providing handouts to those who refuse to work, when they are physically capable of doing so. If anything, at that point government should be creating and providing the jobs for those people, and allow them to purchase those things through work efforts that today too many people are receiving for just filling out the right forms.

Our government has created laws that do not allow monopolies in the private sector, yet they themselves will choose to create their own monopoly under the guise of provisions for the people. That's crap, and it should never, ever happen.

Some people advocate having private police forces, private courts, and private militaries. Would you agree with those positions?

Fundamentally, I think the government exists to protect the rights of the people, and to enforce contracts.

September 3rd, 2013, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Some people advocate having private police forces, private courts, and private militaries. Would you agree with those positions?

Fundamentally, I think the government exists to protect the rights of the people, and to enforce contracts.

Private police forces DO exist in our government, that's one of the problems. Kwame Kilpatrick had his own 'security' force that was basically made up of rogue cops with violent histories. He used them as his own police force. Somehow I have to believe that the DHS is the Feds private police force right now. Them and the FBI. And in truth, I don't like either of them because they aren't there JUST to provide security, or to investigate crimes. They have overstepped those measures a great deal.

However, I agree that governments are SUPPOSED to protect the rights of the people. However, our government has gone well beyond that. The rights of the People are clearly defined for us in the Constitution, and those rights are continuously getting trampled in the name of 'what's best' for the country. What's best for the country is freedom within reason. Problem is, our federal government has lost all sense of reason. And that's true for all politicians, not just those of the Democratic or Republican Party.

I firmly believe that there will be a huge uprising in this country in the not too distant future, and it's going to either reinforce the strength of this country, or bring it to its doom. Whether the spark for this inferno is racism, political correctness gone amock, or just people getting fed up of being lied to and having their rights spit on by politicians......it's coming.

September 3rd, 2013, 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next