View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Madden Roster Update 
Modmin Dude

Post Madden Roster Update
Hoping one of you more familiar with the Madden franchise can help. I have last year's version of the game and am wondering if there's a way to update the rosters to reflect the current ones? Or do I have to fork over ~$60 to buy the new version in order to get them?

Thx in advance!

August 28th, 2013, 12:51 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Madden Roster Update
Nope, no way unless you download a roster file onto your USB and fiddle with that.

But the good new is, this year's version has a roster upload/download option which means you won't be forced to buy the next year's game just for the roster.

August 28th, 2013, 1:11 pm
Modmin Dude

DayDreamer wrote:
Nope, no way unless you download a roster file onto your USB and fiddle with that.
Ugh, was afraid of that.

DayDreamer wrote:
But the good new is, this year's version has a roster upload/download option which means you won't be forced to buy the next year's game just for the roster.
Hmm...might be good news, might also be a new revenue stream for EA where we can buy the roster updates......

August 28th, 2013, 1:19 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Ugh, was afraid of that.

DayDreamer wrote:
Hmm...might be good news, might also be a new revenue stream for EA where we can buy the roster updates......

thats the model I believe they are going after. you will be able to udate your roster, but there will be a cost. (according to Game Informer Magazine)

August 28th, 2013, 4:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Btw with the anniversary edition of Madden on Amazon you get one year of Sunday Ticket for computer/tablet/smartphone for free! I don't even own a video game system and I'm buying it!

August 28th, 2013, 8:43 pm
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Ugh, was afraid of that.

DayDreamer wrote:

thats the model I believe they are going after. you will be able to udate your roster, but there will be a cost. (according to Game Informer Magazine)

Actually, that isn't the case at all, users can upload their own custom rosters and other users can download them for free. EA is feverishly working on bettering their image ever since their CEO resigned (see the origin refunds for proof), and I'm sure charging for rosters isn't going to go over that well.

August 28th, 2013, 8:58 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

DayDreamer wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Ugh, was afraid of that.

DayDreamer wrote:

Actually, that isn't the case at all, users can upload their own custom rosters and other users can download them for free. EA is feverishly working on bettering their image ever since their CEO resigned (see the origin refunds for proof), and I'm sure charging for rosters isn't going to go over that well.

We'll see. We are talking bout a company that ensured that if you bought a sport game used, you would have to pay 10 bucks more just to play it online. EA has a very greedy business plan. Lets see what changes with the new CEO, but I doubt they will do anything that would cut into next years game profits, without having a plan to make money off of it.

August 28th, 2013, 9:41 pm

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Btw with the anniversary edition of Madden on Amazon you get one year of Sunday Ticket for computer/tablet/smartphone for free! I don't even own a video game system and I'm buying it!

Looked into this deal because it sounded great but it doesnt appear to work that way. Reading the fine print, if you have directtv, you can get the package free. If you dont have direct-tv, but are in an eligible area (the entire us unless you have blocked exposure to the southern sky) then you get the package free with a direct tv account, but still have to sign up for dtv. You only get the tablet/computer package if you are completely ineligible for dtv. Im going to look into it anyways, because i dont have cable but want a NFL solution for this season, but i dont want dtv.

August 29th, 2013, 12:56 am
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

DJ-B wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Looked into this deal because it sounded great but it doesnt appear to work that way. Reading the fine print, if you have directtv, you can get the package free. If you dont have direct-tv, but are in an eligible area (the entire us unless you have blocked exposure to the southern sky) then you get the package free with a direct tv account, but still have to sign up for dtv. You only get the tablet/computer package if you are completely ineligible for dtv. Im going to look into it anyways, because i dont have cable but want a NFL solution for this season, but i dont want dtv.

Nfl game pass is a good solution to watch online. Cheaper than Sunday ticket too. Or there's always the streaming option...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 29th, 2013, 1:50 am

gamepass not available in us? do i have to proxy in or something?

August 29th, 2013, 3:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

DJ-B wrote:
gamepass not available in us? do i have to proxy in or something?

Oh oops. I forgot about that. Since I'm out of the US it's available to me and I forgot about the US restriction. I think your only option other than DirecTV might be illegal streams.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 29th, 2013, 7:14 am

Which I have no problem engaging in. Pirate bay is my friend with over 2 tb of movies/tv shows. That said., I havent figured out how to get a stream onto my smart bigscreen since the PC isnt plugged directly into tv to use it as a monitor, and Id really like to get quality streams on tv, and willing to pay for it, just not willing to sign up directtv.

August 29th, 2013, 12:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Heisman Winner

You can buy a private VPN and use it for gamepass. The quality is excellent and seems almost perfect on an LED.

August 29th, 2013, 1:11 pm

DayDreamer wrote:
You can buy a private VPN and use it for gamepass. The quality is excellent and seems almost perfect on an LED.

PM me some details, I may do this. How much is a priv VPN? How much is the gamepass? Thx for suggestion.

August 29th, 2013, 1:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DayDreamer wrote:

I'm aware of VPNs but every time I've used one it's been painfully slow.

August 29th, 2013, 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next