View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 4th, 2015, 10:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Zimmerman 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10136
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Zimmerman
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
It supports Zimmerman's claim that Martin could have been up to more than just walking home, as Martin's family would have the world believe. As for the idea that Martin could have been doing any number of things during the time he was gone, that's true. But without any testimony or witnesses to come forward and claim he was doing anything else, we must accept the fact that Zimmerman saw something more than just a kid walking home from the store.


Um...that's exactly what he saw. He saw Martin walking home. What else was he doing? I suppose Martin could've been acting "suspicious" but that's a subjective term. There was no proof that he was up to anything nefarious.


If that's all he saw, then why did Zimmerman call the police to report suspicious activity? You don't know what Zimmerman saw, and I don't know what he saw. However, the timeline of Martin taking such a long time to go back to the house, along with the knowledge of Martin's previous activities (backpack findings) along with the fact that Zimmerman did make the call to police is enough to say the probability is high that Martin simply wasn't just walking home.

Blueskies wrote:
And yes, the dispatcher isn't an actual police officer and the statement of "we don't need you to do that" isn't a direct order. However, Zimmerman should've kept his distance, and that's what the dispatcher suggested that he do.


It doesn't matter. You are judging Zimmerman for what YOU feel he should have done or not done. When it comes down to it, Zimmerman BROKE NO LAWS! So quit trying to find reason to condemn him and make out Martin to be some innocent kid who was just minding his own business. You are reaching to try and justify that somehow you feel Zimmerman is culpable for what happened. What happened previous to the attack has no bearing on this at all. None. The situation could have been avoided on both sides, in multiple ways. It doesn't change the fact that Martin attacked without just provocation, and that's what it all boils down to. He died as a result of his own stupidity and aggressive actions.

Blueskies wrote:
Let's say Martin wasn't a 160lb, 17 year old punk, and was instead a 250 lb 25 year old ex-con looking for trouble? A bigger man could've actually killed Zimmerman or given him severe brain damage by smashing his head into the pavement.


Which gives justification to Zimmerman shooting in self defense. So what is your point? That had the person been bigger, Zimmerman wouldn't have followed? You're reaching for straws.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


July 31st, 2013, 9:09 am
Profile
1st Round Pick

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1254
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Zimmerman
njroar wrote:
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/tm_photos/thumbnail_photos.pdf

notice the cups of lean?

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/di ... photos.pdf

You can go through all the text messages here as well as everything else: http://www.gzlegalcase.com/index.php/co ... -discovery

So Martin had access to a gun, smoked weed and had cups of lean. At least one of which Zimmerman did too. Martin also rode horses and liked being pictured with his family. This makes him a thug? As you said yourself, this makes him a fairly normal teenager in today's America. Perhaps you think most teenagers are thugs?

njroar wrote:
Remember all of this was not allowed ONLY for the reason that they couldn't be authenticated.

Are you sure this is the case?

I would have thought that it wouldn't be allowed in evidence as it has absolutely no bearing on whether Zimmerman acted in self defence. And that, to me, is the point. What does any of the stuff you're bringing up (including the "put two and two together to make 5" conclusions from his purchase of sweets and drink) have to do with whether Martin attacked Zimmerman and therefore Zimmerman acted in self defence? Martin could have been the world's loveliest child, and Zimmerman would have still acted in self defence if Martin was the aggressor. Martin could have been the world's baddest thug, and Zimmerman would still have had no valid self defence argument if Zimmerman was the aggressor.

The question is purely what happened between Zimmerman getting out of his car and Martin getting shot. Zimmerman's account, plus the 911 recording when combined with Zimmerman's injuries vs Martin's, support the notion that Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman acted in self defence - at the very least, sufficiently to support an acquittal. Which is why I am completely of the view that the right decision was reached in the court case.

The looking at other irrelevant facts, and the (being generous) exaggeration of those facts, to come to unsupported conclusions is what disappoints me. Doing this to whitewash Zimmerman's actions and try to make out that what he did was sensible, laudable even, is just incredible. I don't think Zimmerman did anything criminal, I think the court decision was correct. I think he was very stupid.


August 1st, 2013, 2:42 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2908
Post Re: Zimmerman
I'm not whitewashing Zimmerman's actions. Getting out of his car wasn't stupid. He was doing what neighborhood watch do, which is observe. He wasn't stalking, or chasing like certain media personalities keep repeating. Could he have done things differently? of course.

I think he was a pretty normal teenager that was into things he shouldn't have been into. I never called him a thug. I just said the media using a picture of him at 12, and painting him as an angel was wrong. It wasn't as if newer pictures weren't available, so it was a decision to make him look more innocent and helpless than he was.

As to the evidence being not allowed, I agree that most of it could be withheld for being prejudicial, but the authentication reason was wrong. That's why the judge will be reviewed. The prosecution should have given this to the defense in discovery but didn't so that's why they're going to be reviewed. The court system has set procedures for all this that HAS to be done properly or people get in trouble. This case only showcased a lot of the same problems that Jackson and Sharpton are complaining about, except on the other side.


August 1st, 2013, 9:52 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Zimmerman
Hey, there's been a couple of incidents this week where blacks beat up and killed whites. Where's the outrage? Why are Sharpton and Jackson so silent when they "supposedly" want racial equality? Put two and two together .

_________________
Image


August 25th, 2013, 7:26 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10136
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Zimmerman
slybri19 wrote:
Hey, there's been a couple of incidents this week where blacks beat up and killed whites. Where's the outrage? Why are Sharpton and Jackson so silent when they "supposedly" want racial equality? Put two and two together .


There's been much more than a couple incidents. But we all know why Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Obama and most liberals won't say word one about those incidents. They don't want racial equality. They want racial divide, because that's how they make money.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


August 29th, 2013, 9:55 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Zimmerman
Very true, M2K. Unfortunately, my sarcasm didn't come off very well. Anybody with an IQ above 10 knows exactly what is going on. But, if you call them out on it, you're a racist.

_________________
Image


September 1st, 2013, 9:05 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2882
Post Re: Zimmerman
Zimmerman arrested again:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... erman.html


January 10th, 2015, 2:57 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9645
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Zimmerman
I'm wondering after all his post-case issues, especially given his anger and attitude issues - if people view the TM case differently now?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 12th, 2015, 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2882
Post Re: Zimmerman
He had a history before the TM incident:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/18/li ... -with-law/


January 12th, 2015, 10:49 am
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1262
Post Re: Zimmerman
Pablo wrote:
I'm wondering after all his post-case issues, especially given his anger and attitude issues - if people view the TM case differently now?
No, I still look at Zimmerman as mostly innocent and Trayvon as primarily guilty in causing his own death. That Zimmerman had any prior emotional difficulties is not terribly important, and these difficulties were only amped up when a Black community nationwide (including a racist attorney general) started targeting him.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


March 16th, 2015, 11:19 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10136
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Zimmerman
Pablo wrote:
I'm wondering after all his post-case issues, especially given his anger and attitude issues - if people view the TM case differently now?


Not one bit. If you are going to look at individual issues, you have to include all the issues including those of Martin and how the media tried to portray him and what he really was. I don't think anybody was trying to portray Zimmerman as a hero, or as anything more than someone who was protecting himself. Many questioned his motives for his actions. But when push comes to shove, Zimmerman was attacked and was FORCED to use his gun to defend himself. Martin attacked him. Simply following someone is not a crime, unless there is a PPO against you. Simply suspecting someone of a crime is not a crime. Martin brought his death upon himself, regardless of what all the racist government officials, media and civil rights leader want to think, or how they want to spin the events of that evening.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


April 4th, 2015, 8:28 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2882
Post Re: Zimmerman
We don't know what happened between Zimmerman and Martin. We will never know. He could've wanted to kill Martin ahead of time, and provoked the argument to give himself an excuse. Or, he could've been defending himself. Unfortunately, there was no video evidence or reliable witness testimony.

Look at the Scott/Slager thing. Cop said he attacked him with his tazer and fearing for his own life, had to shoot him. Seems like a totally reasonable claim. But then a video surfaces and it turns out the cop was a cold blooded killer. Who could've known?


April 9th, 2015, 1:02 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1262
Post Re: Zimmerman
Blueskies wrote:
Look at the Scott/Slager thing. Cop said he attacked him with his tazer and fearing for his own life, had to shoot him. Seems like a totally reasonable claim. But then a video surfaces and it turns out the cop was a cold blooded killer. Who could've known?

The only video I saw begins a fraction of a second after the victim (Slager) does something that causes the cop (Scott) to pull his weapon and fire. Was that something grabbing the officer's Taser? If so, did the cop see Slager drop the Taser before he shot him, or did he fear being shot by a now armed assailant who was trying to flee? I don't know how the law addresses lethal force when someone takes an officer's weapon, but my gut feeling in this is that the police officer will get an acquittal from a jury. But maybe not. If an assailant steals your Taser, maybe you are not allowed to shoot him while he is running away. Maybe you have to just let him run away. That or risk getting shot by him as you are giving chase.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


April 20th, 2015, 12:47 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2908
Post Re: Zimmerman
TruckinMack wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Look at the Scott/Slager thing. Cop said he attacked him with his tazer and fearing for his own life, had to shoot him. Seems like a totally reasonable claim. But then a video surfaces and it turns out the cop was a cold blooded killer. Who could've known?

The only video I saw begins a fraction of a second after the victim (Slager) does something that causes the cop (Scott) to pull his weapon and fire. Was that something grabbing the officer's Taser? If so, did the cop see Slager drop the Taser before he shot him, or did he fear being shot by a now armed assailant who was trying to flee? I don't know how the law addresses lethal force when someone takes an officer's weapon, but my gut feeling in this is that the police officer will get an acquittal from a jury. But maybe not. If an assailant steals your Taser, maybe you are not allowed to shoot him while he is running away. Maybe you have to just let him run away. That or risk getting shot by him as you are giving chase.


There's no way he'll get an acquittal. First, you never shoot a suspect in the back, especially not that many times. Second, even if he had taken the taser and thought to have it on him, you don't see it on the ground, pick it up and place it by the body. That's what is going to make it look to a grand jury and trial jury that it was murder, not an act of self defense.


April 20th, 2015, 12:54 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1262
Post Re: Zimmerman
njroar wrote:
There's no way he'll get an acquittal. First, you never shoot a suspect in the back, especially not that many times. Second, even if he had taken the taser and thought to have it on him, you don't see it on the ground, pick it up and place it by the body. That's what is going to make it look to a grand jury and trial jury that it was murder, not an act of self defense.

I don't know about never shoot a suspect in the back. Really, I've no idea when this may or may not be justified. I agree with you that moving the evidence is almost the same as planting evidence. It's does not look good at all. If the cop does get an acquittal, I think he still gets fired for tampering with evidence. He would never again be trusted if presenting in front of a jury.

That said, I do understand it. If someone grabs my Taser, my first thought is to pull my gun and fire. Then once I start firing, I don't stop until my target is down. (It took several shots to stop him, which let him run a fair distance away.) If, indeed, what the camera missed was Slager wrestling a Taser from the cop, I think the cop's case is greatly supported. My question is "Why Slager, why did you try to take the cop's Taser?"

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


April 20th, 2015, 1:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.