View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition
PFT wrote:
Redskins make 10 roster moves
Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT

Promoted by the Navy to lieutenant in June, fullback Eric Kettani has now been demoted by the Redskins.

Kettani was one of five non-vested veterans waived by the team on Monday, as part of 10 total roster moves.

Also waived were linebacker Ricky Elmore, kicker John Potter, receiver Chip Reeves, and linebacker Quan Sturdivant. Veteran receiver Donte’ Stallworth, who entered the league as a first-round pick in 2002, had his contract terminated.

The team also placed linebacker Keenan Robinson and safety Phillip Thomas on injured reserve, and waived-injured cornerback Richard Crawford and linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough.

Here’s the part where we mention every team must have the roster down to 75 by Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ter-moves/
PFT wrote:
Bucs reduce roster, add a tight end
Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT

The Buccaneers have commenced the process of dropping to 75 — and they’ve also given a new guy a belated shot at making the final 53-man roster.

Gone are receiver Carlton Mitchell, defensive end Ernest Owusu, quarterback Adam Weber, and defensive end Markus White, receiver Derek Hagan, fullback Spencer Larsen, and safety Troy Nolan.

Cornerback Anthony Gaitor (ACL) and running back Michael Smith (foot) have been placed on injured reserve.

The Bucs added tight end Mike Shanahan (pictured), who previously had played for the Jets. He had been recruited to attend Pitt by Bucs special-teams coordinator Dave Wannstedt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... tight-end/
PFT wrote:
Rams trim 11 players from the roster
Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT

This week will see plenty of familiar names and experienced players let go by NFL teams as they make their way down to their opening day rosters.

None of those names or players are on the list of players let go by the Rams on Monday. St. Louis cut 11 players from their roster and they all qualify as the kind of anonymous roster filler that teams carry throughout the preseason.

The players cut on Monday are kicker/punter Brett Baer, wide receiver Demetrius Fields, wide receiver Andrew Helmick, long snapper Jorgen Hus, quarterback Tim Jenkins, defensive tackle Al Lapuaho, linebacker Joseph Lebeau, tight end Colby Prince, wide receiver Raymond Radway (pictured), cornerback Robert Steeples and offensive lineman Graham Pocic.

The moves leave the Rams with 77 players on their roster. Two more moves must be made by Tuesday afternoon’s deadline to drop to 75 players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-roster/
PFT wrote:
Lawrence Jackson among Vikings’ cuts
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT

As the Vikings make their way down toward the 75-man roster limit, defensive end Lawrence Jackson has lost his job.

Jackson, a former first-round pick of the Seahawks who played the last three years for the Lions, was released by Minnesota today.

Although Jackson has shown flashes of talent during his five-year NFL career, he’s been a disappointment considering what was expected of him coming out of USC. Jackson has just 19.5 sacks in five NFL seasons.

The Vikings also released receiver LaMark Brown, receiver Erik Highsmith, guard Tyler Holmes, defensive end Marquis Jackson, linebacker Stanford Keglar, defensive back Greg McCoy, running back Bradley Randle, receiver Chris Summers, quarterback James Vandenberg, center Camden Wentz, running back Jerodis Williams and defensive back Roderick Williams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ings-cuts/
PFT wrote:
Texans work their way down to 78 players
Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT

The Texans have started the culling process and are down to 78 players after letting 11 players go on Monday.

Among the players let go is quarterback Stephen McGee, who now owns the distinction of having been let go by each of Texas’ two NFL teams. McGee, a fourth-round pick of the Cowboys in 2009, spent the offseason with the Texans but Houston decided that they no longer needed a fourth arm in camp to go with Matt Schaub, T.J. Yates and Case Keenum.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the team has also parted ways with running back Ray Graham, linebacker Elliot Coffey, fullback Zach Boren, guard Bryan Collins, tackle Nick Mondek, defensive end Earl Okine, cornerback Travis Howard, punter Andrew Shapiro, linebacker Ja’Gared Davis, and tight end Adam Schiltz.

The team has until Tuesday afternoon to make three more moves to get down to the 75-man roster limit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 8-players/

August 27th, 2013, 9:26 am
Player of the Year - Offense

Kickalicious and DeQuan Menzie were released. 3 more to 75.

August 27th, 2013, 10:29 am

WR Terrence Austin released. 2 more to go.

August 27th, 2013, 11:32 am
Modmin Dude

njroar wrote:

August 27th, 2013, 1:15 pm

They cut TEs Matt Veldman and Cameron Morrah. And there were 75. Another week and 22 more will be gone.

August 27th, 2013, 3:26 pm
National Champion

njroar wrote:

That. Sucks.

But it may give Rugland a chance to get picked up by another team.

August 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Rugland will be fine.

Months ago he was goofy off kicking trickshots with his friends and making a youtube video.

Now he has been to an NFL Training Camp (and got 3 tryouts total), hung out with pro Football players as a potential teamate, and is working with Past NFL Kickers in an attempt to have a future here.

Good kickers often play to 40, and hes 28 with a booming & accurate leg, if inexperienced, so he will have a few season to work at it and will eventually get a shot somewhere, possibly this season if someone (even akers) gets injured mid-year.

Life could be worse.

August 27th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
National Champion

DJ-B wrote:
Rugland will be fine.

Months ago he was goofy off kicking trickshots with his friends and making a youtube video.

Now he has been to an NFL Training Camp (and got 3 tryouts total), hung out with pro Football players as a potential teamate, and is working with Past NFL Kickers in an attempt to have a future here.

Good kickers often play to 40, and hes 28 with a booming & accurate leg, if inexperienced, so he will have a few season to work at it and will eventually get a shot somewhere, possibly this season if someone (even akers) gets injured mid-year.

Life could be worse.

I agree. I was just hoping he'd play in a Lions uniform.

August 28th, 2013, 9:11 am
Modmin Dude

August 28th, 2013, 10:15 am
Team MVP

Pats cut ties with 2011 second round CB Ras-I Dowling.

Injury prone but someone will likely give him a shot

August 28th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

The Pats always get accolades in the draft because they're good at accumulating picks, but they don't seem to do much with those picks once they get them.

August 28th, 2013, 8:41 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

thelomasbrowns wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

The Pats always get accolades in the draft because they're good at accumulating picks, but they don't seem to do much with those picks once they get them.

If I remember correctly there were quite a few peeps here who wanted him to be a lion.

August 28th, 2013, 9:49 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

If I remember correctly there were quite a few peeps here who wanted him to be a lion.

You do remember correctly. And from my point of view, if the Lions had a solid starting trio of corners on the roster, I think it would be worth their while to sign him and allow him to heal and develop. But since that is not the case, they should bypass signing him at all.

August 29th, 2013, 9:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

Well, it all comes down to tonight. Hundreds of players will put on a helmet and sholder pads for the last time.

August 29th, 2013, 11:33 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Anyone besides myself think the Lions should shop Leshoure and possibly keep Riddick? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the burst from Leshoure that I had expected to see.

August 29th, 2013, 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next