View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition
liontrax wrote:
Anyone besides myself think the Lions should shop Leshoure and possibly keep Riddick? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the burst from Leshoure that I had expected to see.

The worst part about Leshoure is he just doesn't care. Inexcusable for the situation he's in. If he wasn't a second rounder, he'd be long gone. Riddick is looking like a nice pick up in the 6th and Miller showed something too.

August 29th, 2013, 9:24 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

thelomasbrowns wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Anyone besides myself think the Lions should shop Leshoure and possibly keep Riddick? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the burst from Leshoure that I had expected to see.

The worst part about Leshoure is he just doesn't care. Inexcusable for the situation he's in. If he wasn't a second rounder, he'd be long gone. Riddick is looking like a nice pick up in the 6th and Miller showed something too.

Agree about Miller, think he is a definite keeper for kick returner if nothing else.

August 29th, 2013, 9:40 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I wouldn't waste the time shopping Leshoure, I would just cut him. He has no tape to show he has value and there are still better backs left in FA than him that a team could get on a cheap contract.

August 29th, 2013, 10:16 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

rao wrote:
I wouldn't waste the time shopping Leshoure, I would just cut him. He has no tape to show he has value and there are still better backs left in FA than him that a team could get on a cheap contract.

This. Could've had Randall f'n Cobb instead...

August 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Shotty wrote:
rao wrote:

This. Could've had Randall f'n Cobb instead...

By all accounts he was looking great in camp before the Achilles. Can't blame that on Mayhew and co.

August 29th, 2013, 10:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

on a side note, it is a breath of fresh air to see how our backups move in the pocket. I wish Stafford didnt participate in this game.

August 29th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Div 1 - Starter

liontrax wrote:

I'm all for shopping him around, especially if they can find some team desperate for running back help that has an abundance of semi-competent wide receivers.

Last edited by Growler on August 30th, 2013, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 30th, 2013, 1:51 am
Heisman Winner

Killwill25 wrote:
on a side note, it is a breath of fresh air to see how our backups move in the pocket. I wish Stafford didnt participate in this game.

As much as I like Stafford, I have to agree with you. The backups look a lot better than him in all aspects of the game.

August 30th, 2013, 11:29 am
#1 Overall Pick

David Nelson was released from the Browns. He was coming back from an ACL so that could be why he got released, but at 6'5" and with the 2 good seasons he put up in BUF he may be a guy to look at.

August 31st, 2013, 11:13 am
Div 1 - Starter

rao wrote:
David Nelson was released from the Browns. He was coming back from an ACL so that could be why he got released, but at 6'5" and with the 2 good seasons he put up in BUF he may be a guy to look at.

Just have to remember anyone that gets claimed off waivers has to go on the 53-man roster.

August 31st, 2013, 12:41 pm
#1 Overall Pick

JL wrote:
rao wrote:

Just have to remember anyone that gets claimed off waivers has to go on the 53-man roster.

I haven't forgot that, I just think they have very little on the roster at WR right now and would be fine with them cutting anyone other than CJ or Broyles.

August 31st, 2013, 12:58 pm
Team MVP

Unless its old news, I see Fuller, Greenwood, and Hepburn got cut. Not that Fuller was supposed to be a super critical part to this offense, but man...are we ever going to get a REAL #2 receiver?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 31st, 2013, 1:22 pm
#1 Overall Pick

kdsberman wrote:
Unless its old news, I see Fuller, Greenwood, and Hepburn got cut. Not that Fuller was supposed to be a super critical part to this offense, but man...are we ever going to get a REAL #2 receiver?

As long as Broyles comes back from his ACL as good as he was before it he can be an effective number 2. They will still be missing a second deep threat, but I think CJ, Broyles and Bush could be an extremely effective trio with homerun potential on everyplay.

Also Amari was cut. There is one draft pick I'm happy to see cut finally.

August 31st, 2013, 2:09 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

:roll: <------ basically my thoughts on these cuts...

August 31st, 2013, 2:24 pm
Team MVP

rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

As long as Broyles comes back from his ACL as good as he was before it he can be an effective number 2. They will still be missing a second deep threat, but I think CJ, Broyles and Bush could be an extremely effective trio with homerun potential on everyplay.

Also Amari was cut. There is one draft pick I'm happy to see cut finally.

Didnt see that about Amari, but like you said, good news.

Regarding Broyles: I think he can be very effective, and I guess you technically can consider a slot receiver (Broyles) a #2, but I wish they had another deep threat to pull a safety here and there.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 31st, 2013, 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next