View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Unless its old news, I see Fuller, Greenwood, and Hepburn got cut. Not that Fuller was supposed to be a super critical part to this offense, but man...are we ever going to get a REAL #2 receiver?

As long as Broyles comes back from his ACL as good as he was before it he can be an effective number 2. They will still be missing a second deep threat, but I think CJ, Broyles and Bush could be an extremely effective trio with homerun potential on everyplay.

Also Amari was cut. There is one draft pick I'm happy to see cut finally.

Didnt see that about Amari, but like you said, good news.

Regarding Broyles: I think he can be very effective, and I guess you technically can consider a slot receiver (Broyles) a #2, but I wish they had another deep threat to pull a safety here and there.

Devery Henderson is available to pick up for the vet minimum and just have him run streaks.

August 31st, 2013, 2:27 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Unless its old news, I see Fuller, Greenwood, and Hepburn got cut. Not that Fuller was supposed to be a super critical part to this offense, but man...are we ever going to get a REAL #2 receiver?

As long as Broyles comes back from his ACL as good as he was before it he can be an effective number 2. They will still be missing a second deep threat, but I think CJ, Broyles and Bush could be an extremely effective trio with homerun potential on everyplay.

Regarding Broyles: I think he can be very effective, and I guess you technically can consider a slot receiver (Broyles) a #2, but I wish they had another deep threat to pull a safety here and there.

Devery Henderson is available to pick up for the vet minimum and just have him run streaks.

Something.

And i know its way way way too early, but depending on where we're picking next May, I wouldn't be opposed to Lee or Watkins in the 1st round.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 31st, 2013, 3:22 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
rao wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Something.

And i know its way way way too early, but depending on where we're picking next May, I wouldn't be opposed to Lee or Watkins in the 1st round.

As long as we aren't passing on a LB, tackle or shutdown DB, I have no problem with it.

August 31st, 2013, 6:13 pm
NFL Veteran

GB cut WR Charles Johnson today. Probably trying to stash him on the practice squad, but he's a guy I would use a roster spot on. He was hurt most of training camp and got behind which got him cut. He's got outside WR written all over him though at 6'2 with 4.3 speed and he played at Grand Valley State. Perfect fit for the Lions.

August 31st, 2013, 10:55 pm
Div 1 - Starter

rao wrote:
GB cut WR Charles Johnson today. Probably trying to stash him on the practice squad, but he's a guy I would use a roster spot on. He was hurt most of training camp and got behind which got him cut. He's got outside WR written all over him though at 6'2 with 4.3 speed and he played at Grand Valley State. Perfect fit for the Lions.

Isn't that the guy the Lions were trying to trade up and pick in the 2013 draft?

August 31st, 2013, 11:16 pm
Team MVP

JL wrote:
rao wrote:

Isn't that the guy the Lions were trying to trade up and pick in the 2013 draft?

I do believe so. I remember hoping the lions would get him. He had sleeper written all over him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 1st, 2013, 1:27 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Of all the WRs we had in camp, matt willis was the best candidate for #2 WR. I would've cut Burleson before Willis. I think our #2 needs to be bigger guy cuz Stafford looks very uncomfortable throwing to shorter WRs. I'm glad we kept Durham but I think that Matt Willis is just a better player than Nate Burleson.

September 1st, 2013, 3:23 am
NFL Veteran

Johnson went in the 7th round so I dont think he's the guy your thinking of. Maybe you guys are thinking of Justin Hunter who went to the Titans in the 2nd.

As bad as Burleson has played the Lions would have never cut him for anyone because he's the only vocal veteran leader they have at the spot, CJ is just to physically gifted and to quiet to lead the WRs.

September 1st, 2013, 9:33 am
Team MVP

I know he busted out in San Diego but what about Meachem?

He may at least be worth a look

September 1st, 2013, 10:17 am
NFL Veteran

Meachem would be a great guy to look at if he's cheap. SD was awful in all ways last year, so it's a very good possiblity he plays back to his form in NO with a different team. He's exactly the type of WR most of us agree the Lions need to help pull a safety off of CJ.

September 1st, 2013, 11:06 am
Div 1 - Starter

We might get Willis back on Tuesday, when the team can officially designate Owens for IR with return.

September 1st, 2013, 11:16 am
Div 1 - Starter

JL wrote:
We might get Willis back on Tuesday, when the team can officially designate Owens for IR with return.

Which means they would have 7 WRs on the roster (!?!):

CJ, Broyles, Burleson, Edwards, Durham, Spurlock...and Willis.

September 2nd, 2013, 9:35 am
RIP Killer

I would like to know why the Lions kept Durham and cut Willis. Willis performed very well during pre-season, and Durham did a whole lot of nothing. At 6'6", I can see where Durham creates some match up problems. But did he use that height advantage during games? If so, I didn't see it. Durham is the Lions version of Darko. Keep him around because of a so called physical advantage, but he does nothing because he doesn't have the skills to use that advantage over people.

I think cutting Willis and Steven Miller were mistakes. Montell Owens and Kris Durham should have been the ones to get the boot.

September 2nd, 2013, 11:18 am
NFL Veteran

I also really liked what Willis did and thought he should have made the team. If I had to put out a guess as to why he didn't make it I would say it's because he's already 29 years old, but considering they need to win now there really is no excuse for not keeping him or Jake Scott on the roster.

September 2nd, 2013, 11:49 am
3rd Round Selection

Also agree on Willis. Don't really see what more he could have done really, or what less Edwards and Spurlock could have done.

Overall I think this looks a marginally better team than last year, although I share Legend's concerns with our group of receivers and LBs. I can see us blowing out a team one weekend, and being blown out ourselves the next - I think inconsistency could be the story of the year.

The fun rollercoaster ride that is the Lions!

September 2nd, 2013, 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next