View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Zimmerman 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Zimmerman
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
It supports Zimmerman's claim that Martin could have been up to more than just walking home, as Martin's family would have the world believe. As for the idea that Martin could have been doing any number of things during the time he was gone, that's true. But without any testimony or witnesses to come forward and claim he was doing anything else, we must accept the fact that Zimmerman saw something more than just a kid walking home from the store.

Um...that's exactly what he saw. He saw Martin walking home. What else was he doing? I suppose Martin could've been acting "suspicious" but that's a subjective term. There was no proof that he was up to anything nefarious.

If that's all he saw, then why did Zimmerman call the police to report suspicious activity? You don't know what Zimmerman saw, and I don't know what he saw. However, the timeline of Martin taking such a long time to go back to the house, along with the knowledge of Martin's previous activities (backpack findings) along with the fact that Zimmerman did make the call to police is enough to say the probability is high that Martin simply wasn't just walking home.

Blueskies wrote:
And yes, the dispatcher isn't an actual police officer and the statement of "we don't need you to do that" isn't a direct order. However, Zimmerman should've kept his distance, and that's what the dispatcher suggested that he do.

It doesn't matter. You are judging Zimmerman for what YOU feel he should have done or not done. When it comes down to it, Zimmerman BROKE NO LAWS! So quit trying to find reason to condemn him and make out Martin to be some innocent kid who was just minding his own business. You are reaching to try and justify that somehow you feel Zimmerman is culpable for what happened. What happened previous to the attack has no bearing on this at all. None. The situation could have been avoided on both sides, in multiple ways. It doesn't change the fact that Martin attacked without just provocation, and that's what it all boils down to. He died as a result of his own stupidity and aggressive actions.

Blueskies wrote:
Let's say Martin wasn't a 160lb, 17 year old punk, and was instead a 250 lb 25 year old ex-con looking for trouble? A bigger man could've actually killed Zimmerman or given him severe brain damage by smashing his head into the pavement.

Which gives justification to Zimmerman shooting in self defense. So what is your point? That had the person been bigger, Zimmerman wouldn't have followed? You're reaching for straws.

July 31st, 2013, 9:09 am
3rd Round Selection

njroar wrote:
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/discovery_3/tm_photos/thumbnail_photos.pdf

notice the cups of lean?

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/di ... photos.pdf

You can go through all the text messages here as well as everything else: http://www.gzlegalcase.com/index.php/co ... -discovery

So Martin had access to a gun, smoked weed and had cups of lean. At least one of which Zimmerman did too. Martin also rode horses and liked being pictured with his family. This makes him a thug? As you said yourself, this makes him a fairly normal teenager in today's America. Perhaps you think most teenagers are thugs?

njroar wrote:
Remember all of this was not allowed ONLY for the reason that they couldn't be authenticated.

Are you sure this is the case?

I would have thought that it wouldn't be allowed in evidence as it has absolutely no bearing on whether Zimmerman acted in self defence. And that, to me, is the point. What does any of the stuff you're bringing up (including the "put two and two together to make 5" conclusions from his purchase of sweets and drink) have to do with whether Martin attacked Zimmerman and therefore Zimmerman acted in self defence? Martin could have been the world's loveliest child, and Zimmerman would have still acted in self defence if Martin was the aggressor. Martin could have been the world's baddest thug, and Zimmerman would still have had no valid self defence argument if Zimmerman was the aggressor.

The question is purely what happened between Zimmerman getting out of his car and Martin getting shot. Zimmerman's account, plus the 911 recording when combined with Zimmerman's injuries vs Martin's, support the notion that Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman acted in self defence - at the very least, sufficiently to support an acquittal. Which is why I am completely of the view that the right decision was reached in the court case.

The looking at other irrelevant facts, and the (being generous) exaggeration of those facts, to come to unsupported conclusions is what disappoints me. Doing this to whitewash Zimmerman's actions and try to make out that what he did was sensible, laudable even, is just incredible. I don't think Zimmerman did anything criminal, I think the court decision was correct. I think he was very stupid.

August 1st, 2013, 2:42 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I'm not whitewashing Zimmerman's actions. Getting out of his car wasn't stupid. He was doing what neighborhood watch do, which is observe. He wasn't stalking, or chasing like certain media personalities keep repeating. Could he have done things differently? of course.

I think he was a pretty normal teenager that was into things he shouldn't have been into. I never called him a thug. I just said the media using a picture of him at 12, and painting him as an angel was wrong. It wasn't as if newer pictures weren't available, so it was a decision to make him look more innocent and helpless than he was.

As to the evidence being not allowed, I agree that most of it could be withheld for being prejudicial, but the authentication reason was wrong. That's why the judge will be reviewed. The prosecution should have given this to the defense in discovery but didn't so that's why they're going to be reviewed. The court system has set procedures for all this that HAS to be done properly or people get in trouble. This case only showcased a lot of the same problems that Jackson and Sharpton are complaining about, except on the other side.

August 1st, 2013, 9:52 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Hey, there's been a couple of incidents this week where blacks beat up and killed whites. Where's the outrage? Why are Sharpton and Jackson so silent when they "supposedly" want racial equality? Put two and two together .

August 25th, 2013, 7:26 am
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
Hey, there's been a couple of incidents this week where blacks beat up and killed whites. Where's the outrage? Why are Sharpton and Jackson so silent when they "supposedly" want racial equality? Put two and two together .

There's been much more than a couple incidents. But we all know why Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Obama and most liberals won't say word one about those incidents. They don't want racial equality. They want racial divide, because that's how they make money.

August 29th, 2013, 9:55 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Very true, M2K. Unfortunately, my sarcasm didn't come off very well. Anybody with an IQ above 10 knows exactly what is going on. But, if you call them out on it, you're a racist.

September 1st, 2013, 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7