View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions Predictions
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Growler wrote:
Stafford definitely needs to get out of his preseason funk and step it up.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure preseason funk=not having Calvin (or Broyles). We know the bulk of the targets are going to go to CJ, Bush, and Pett. Broyles, who Staff is also comfortable with, should make a couple of key catches every game. Sure, it's not clear who else is going to contribute, but I'm not sure we need much more. Now, if we have injuries, all bets are off...

Speaking of Broyles, is he gonna be playing Sunday?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 3rd, 2013, 9:51 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Growler wrote:
Stafford definitely needs to get out of his preseason funk and step it up.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure preseason funk=not having Calvin (or Broyles). We know the bulk of the targets are going to go to CJ, Bush, and Pett. Broyles, who Staff is also comfortable with, should make a couple of key catches every game. Sure, it's not clear who else is going to contribute, but I'm not sure we need much more. Now, if we have injuries, all bets are off...

Speaking of Broyles, is he gonna be playing Sunday?

Think so, yeah. If they were worried about him I don't think they would've gone so thin at WR.

September 4th, 2013, 6:52 am
3rd Round Selection

My prediction is: 6-10.

Hope I'm wrong, and that's reversed. I think that's possible, but I've been a Lions fan too long to go into a season with high hopes - much more fun when they're low and you get surprised. :)

September 4th, 2013, 7:05 am
Hall of Fame Player

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - W I am not a Ponder believer and Peterson will not repeat last season. I predict lots of pain for Ponder.
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - L I am glad we get this game early. Hopefully, Palmer hasn't jelled with Fitz yet. But, I suspect he already has.
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - W The Lions have never won a game in the nations capitol. It's time we Slay ( see what I did there?) that dragon.
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - W It's in our house. Our D Line dominates. Cutler throws 2 pick 6's.
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - W The Laimbeau losing streak ends now. All things must come to an end sometime. This one goes down this year.
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - L A let down after an emotional win.
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - L The Bengals are good. Really good.
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - W Cowboys D-line is already the walking wounded.
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - W Lions are looking for a sweep of the division. D-Line dominates again.
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - L Sorry, but, it's in Pittsburgh.
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W This goes to O.T.
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - W Lions still perfect in the division and win on a national stage and lock in a playoff spot.
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - W Vick will be paralyzed by now.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - W if this was in Baltimore it's a loss.
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - L Eli needs a win to make the playoffs. He gets it.
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - W Vikings playing for draft position.

11-5 We win the division and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. There is a huge blizzard during the SB and NE Patriots win the game because they are a northern team that actually plays outside and as such, are more used to the weather. But, hey, at least we finally made it to the show.

September 4th, 2013, 10:30 am
3rd Round Selection

Bill Barnwell on Grantland has the Lions in his 8 NFL teams expected to improve, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement
Quote:
They might not even make it back to .500. But 4-12? They can do better than 4-12. And they will.

September 4th, 2013, 10:40 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - W I am not a Ponder believer and Peterson will not repeat last season. I predict lots of pain for Ponder.
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - L I am glad we get this game early. Hopefully, Palmer hasn't jelled with Fitz yet. But, I suspect he already has.
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - W The Lions have never won a game in the nations capitol. It's time we Slay ( see what I did there?) that dragon.
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - W It's in our house. Our D Line dominates. Cutler throws 2 pick 6's.
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - W The Laimbeau losing streak ends now. All things must come to an end sometime. This one goes down this year.
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - L A let down after an emotional win.
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - L The Bengals are good. Really good.
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - W Cowboys D-line is already the walking wounded.
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - W Lions are looking for a sweep of the division. D-Line dominates again.
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - L Sorry, but, it's in Pittsburgh.
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W This goes to O.T.
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - W Lions still perfect in the division and win on a national stage and lock in a playoff spot.
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - W Vick will be paralyzed by now.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - W if this was in Baltimore it's a loss.
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - L Eli needs a win to make the playoffs. He gets it.
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - W Vikings playing for draft position.

11-5 We win the division and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. There is a huge blizzard during the SB and NE Patriots win the game because they are a northern team that actually plays outside and as such, are more used to the weather. But, hey, at least we finally made it to the show.

I'll have some of what Billy's got!

September 4th, 2013, 10:41 am
QB Coach

I can see up to 10-6 but I think 7-9 or 8-8 is more realistic. If everything goes our way we could be a playoff team, I just don't see it yet.

Edit: Just after posting I saw this:

Quote:
NFC Seeds: 1. 49ers; 2. Packers; 3. Falcons; 4. Redskins; 5. Lions; 6. Seahawks.

Wild card round: Seahawks over Falcons, Lions over Redskins.

Divisional round: Lions over 49ers, Packers over Seahawks.

Conference Championship: Packers over Lions.

Super Bowl: Broncos over Packers.

That's Florio's prediction over at PFT. He's the only one who predicted the Lions going to the playoffs out of 5 writers.

September 4th, 2013, 8:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He either hit the pipe right before voting or sees something he really likes.

September 4th, 2013, 9:53 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

I think Florio is a moron.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

September 4th, 2013, 10:16 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:

Why?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 4th, 2013, 10:23 pm
QB Coach

Additionally, the Bears and Vikes didn't get any playoff love over there at PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... edictions/

September 4th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Team MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Why?

Some of the wisecracks he makes and some predictions, not to mention his horrible mock drafts.

September 4th, 2013, 10:56 pm
RIP Killer

Week 1 - vs. Minnesota - W
All the Lions are healthy, but then again so are all the Vikings. I think the Lions pull this out, but by a narrow margin.
Week 2 - at Arizona - W
I think the Lions have enough weapons to pull this out. Arizona's defense is good, but I think our O can score on them
Week 3 - at Washington - L
Here is one the Lions should win, but somehow don't. It's usually at this point that the injuries start to hurt the team.
Week 4 - vs. Chicago - W
Tough call, but I don't think the Bears offensive line is going to be playing as a cohesive unit yet. Also, there is still some questions about their secondary.
Week 5 - at Green Bay - L
Not gonna happen this year, even if the weather is perfect.
Week 6 - at Cleveland - L
I think the Browns are a better team than many will give them credit for, including Detroit. The Lions should win this, but I don't think they will.
Week 7 - vs. Cincinnati - L
Sad to say, the Ohio teams make it a clean sweep. The Bengals are a good team and could go to the Super Bowl if the cards play out right.
Week 8 - vs. Dallas - W
It's not that the Cowboys are that bad, I just don't think the Lions will lose at home here.
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10- at Chicago- L
The Lions just don't win games coming out of the bye week. They just don't.
Week 11- at Pittsburgh - W
This is a winnable game against a team that is in something of a transition period. Weather may play a factor, though.
Week 12 - vs. Tampa Bay - W
The Bucs are improving, but I still think they are a beatable team.
Week 13 - vs. Green Bay - L
Short week for both teams, but the Packers are in the playoff hunt and won't lose this one.
Week 14 - at Philadelphia - W
Even though it's in Philly, I think the Lions can pull this off.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - L
The Ravens have a balanced offense and a good defense. Too much for the Lions to deal with now.
Week 16 - vs. NY Giants - W
Call me crazy, but I think the Lions can win this game.
Week 17 - at Minnesota - L
The Lions continue to struggle against division opponents away from home.

It ends up coming out to 8-8, with the Lions winning games they shouldn't, and losing games they should win. I would say the reality is our team could go anywhere from 5-11 to 10-6, depending on the breaks, the injuries and how many times Schwartz screws up game and/or clock management.

September 6th, 2013, 11:07 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Week 16 - vs. NY Giants - W
Call me crazy, but I think the Lions can win this game.

Well that depends, are we gonna have one last play to win the game and throw to Shaun McDonald in the end zone and keep Calvin on the sideline??? ](*,)

September 6th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Walk On

m2karateman wrote:
Week 4 - vs. Chicago - W
Tough call, but I don't think the Bears offensive line is going to be playing as a cohesive unit yet. Also, there is still some questions about their secondary..

I've heard you mention this before, and really don't understand what questions you have about the Bear secondary. Maybe you could elaborate?

The Bears boast two probowl corners and a good young safety tandem (not stars - but solid and improving).

September 6th, 2013, 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next