View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2013 edition
The Legend wrote:
so hearing young's name called for idiotic penalites was a positive for you. sorry smokey ninja but i watch the line and dont just wait to LISTEN for the commentators, young gets destroyed vs the run and runs himself out of plays on naked boots, runs away from him, screens, draws, etc. the fact that he s playing to rush a passer in all situations is not a positive to me especially now that they have added jones and idonije who play a more fundamentally sound DE than KVB and Cliff Avril used to play. its hard to say that young is playing strictly within the scheme. lewis to me had better instincts in those circumstance and was much better holding the edge on the run. forcing a play inside or holding the edge to allow a LB to make a play is valuable but not necessarily something you will hear the announcers say. i suggest watching and forming your own opinions especially if your opinions are going to be so definitive. comments about lewis out of shape and missing meetings is a different story thats a definite difference maker but thats a point you did not make in your original argument - i guess you can thank the other posters for the assist.

Legend, you've been on this board a long time. Are you telling me that you think I don't know what to look for in a player and that I JUST listen to the announcers? If so, you haven't been reading some of my posts over the years. I watch the line, I watch the games. Willie Young had ONE stupid penalty, and you act like that's all he does is commit personal fouls. You know that's not true, so just drop that garbage. You're smarter than that. What I watch is the pressure he puts on the pocket, and how he interferes with the passing lanes. Lewis didn't do it as well as Young, and that's why he's not on the roster any longer. Young was drafted for one reason....pass rush. Like it or not, he does add to that. Lewis was drafted for one reason...special teams. Lewis couldn't hack it on special teams, yet you want to make him out to be some sort of phenom at playing an all around game as a defensive end. If his game was that worthwhile, he'd still be on the team. It wasn't. He didn't make the plays on defense he should have made, and he never made the plays on ST he was supposed to make.

Please. Stop the insanity.

September 3rd, 2013, 9:51 pm
RIP Killer

Growler wrote:
Are there any worthwhile free agent linebackers now that the cuts are done?

Thomas Howard is still available. He was always a player I thought was OK as a linebacker. I'm not really sure of how healthy he is, or if he is still any good. I only watched him his first couple seasons in the league. Also, the Rams released Jo Dunbar today.

September 3rd, 2013, 9:53 pm
QB Coach

Was coming on here to post about Jo-Lonn. He's suspended 4 games for PED violation, but after week 4 we're going to want an upgrade to Ashlee Palmer, so I wouldn't mind taking a look.

September 3rd, 2013, 11:42 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

We re-signed McIntosh after Owens went on IR.

September 4th, 2013, 12:58 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
so hearing young's name called for idiotic penalites was a positive for you. sorry smokey ninja but i watch the line and dont just wait to LISTEN for the commentators, young gets destroyed vs the run and runs himself out of plays on naked boots, runs away from him, screens, draws, etc. the fact that he s playing to rush a passer in all situations is not a positive to me especially now that they have added jones and idonije who play a more fundamentally sound DE than KVB and Cliff Avril used to play. its hard to say that young is playing strictly within the scheme. lewis to me had better instincts in those circumstance and was much better holding the edge on the run. forcing a play inside or holding the edge to allow a LB to make a play is valuable but not necessarily something you will hear the announcers say. i suggest watching and forming your own opinions especially if your opinions are going to be so definitive. comments about lewis out of shape and missing meetings is a different story thats a definite difference maker but thats a point you did not make in your original argument - i guess you can thank the other posters for the assist.

Legend, you've been on this board a long time. Are you telling me that you think I don't know what to look for in a player and that I JUST listen to the announcers? If so, you haven't been reading some of my posts over the years. I watch the line, I watch the games. Willie Young had ONE stupid penalty, and you act like that's all he does is commit personal fouls. You know that's not true, so just drop that garbage. You're smarter than that. What I watch is the pressure he puts on the pocket, and how he interferes with the passing lanes. Lewis didn't do it as well as Young, and that's why he's not on the roster any longer. Young was drafted for one reason....pass rush. Like it or not, he does add to that. Lewis was drafted for one reason...special teams. Lewis couldn't hack it on special teams, yet you want to make him out to be some sort of phenom at playing an all around game as a defensive end. If his game was that worthwhile, he'd still be on the team. It wasn't. He didn't make the plays on defense he should have made, and he never made the plays on ST he was supposed to make.

Please. Stop the insanity.

insert UKLions shiniest turd comment, and i didnt suggest anything unless it was something you said in your post.

p.s. i think lewis got a dui yesterday so he must have some other issues going on besides just willie young beating him for a spot

September 4th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Quote:
Ex-Lion Ronnell Lewis arrested again
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ted-again/
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 5, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Detroit Lions Minicamp
Getty Images
Ronnell Lewis, the 2012 fourth-round draft pick of the Lions who was cut last week after an eventful offseason that saw him arrested for disturbing the peace and public intoxication, has been arrested again.

According to FOX 23 in Tulsa, Lewis was arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of DUI in Henryetta, Oklahoma.

The arrest report says Lewis was pulled over after an officer saw his truck cross the center line at 1:54 a.m. on Labor Day. The arresting officer says he smelled alcohol and noticed a six-pack with one beer missing inside the truck, and that Lewis failed field sobriety tests. Lewis’s blood was drawn and the results of the blood test are not yet available.

Lewis pleaded no contest last month to charges of disturbing the peace and public intoxication. In the latest incident, Lewis’s agent says he cooperated with authorities while maintaining his innocence.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill

September 5th, 2013, 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7