View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Not The Same Ol Ravens 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Not The Same Ol Ravens
Wow they got rocked. Id think they still make the Playoffs this year but well see how it goes. I know it was Manning and the Broncos but ouch.

September 6th, 2013, 11:54 am
Profile ICQ WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Not The Same Ol Ravens
Manning had 7 TD passes, thats insane! Anyone with him on their fantasy team just got an instant win.

September 6th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Ravens didn't give up their 7th TD pass untill week 10 against Oakland last season. That's saying something right there.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 6th, 2013, 2:49 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Flacco during the regular season has always been inconsistent with flashes of brilliant. It's only during the post season that he's consistently been solid. People can say all they want that losing Lewis and Reed wouldn't make a difference, but they were the emotional and intelligent anchors to the team. They talked and got people in position, even as they themselves were not playing great. You can't replace that. The Dline couldn't get pressure, their LB's couldn't cover, and Huff is the worst possible replacement for Reed imaginable. They might get to the playoffs because Pittsburg and Tennesse might be roll overs and Cincinnati isn't proven yet, but this isn't the same team as last year.

September 6th, 2013, 4:48 pm
RIP Killer

Cincinnati is going to be solid this year. I'll say 9-7

September 6th, 2013, 7:00 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

If Cincy only goes 9-7, they'll have had an off year. Barring a plethora of injuries to key players, they should be in the playoffs and get 10 wins, at least. They should be able to take two from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and likely split the series with Baltimore. I think they have the best chance of winning that division.

September 6th, 2013, 9:21 pm
RIP Killer

That's assuming injuries and the fact I think they'll split with Cleveland. Cleveland should be better than most anticipate

September 7th, 2013, 1:52 am
Walk On

Did you guys watch that Denver Oline? Holy crap, were they good. Baltimore might not be as bad, as Denver is good.

September 7th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Do you mean that O-line that included Manny Ramirez playing C? Another player Detroit gave up on in favor of overpriced average at best players. I know he was a G when Detroit had him but they gave up on him much too quickly.

September 7th, 2013, 5:38 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I.E. wrote:
Did you guys watch that Denver Oline? Holy crap, were they good. Baltimore might not be as bad, as Denver is good.

I guess I missed something. Their Oline gave up 3 sacks, all to Dlinemen I believe, and they got nothing done as far as opening holes for the run game. They had just a little over 30 yards on the ground before they went into clock killing mode. They didn't look any better than our Oline IMO.

September 8th, 2013, 9:11 am
Walk On

regularjoe12 wrote:
I.E. wrote:

I guess I missed something. Their Oline gave up 3 sacks, all to Dlinemen I believe, and they got nothing done as far as opening holes for the run game. They had just a little over 30 yards on the ground before they went into clock killing mode. They didn't look any better than our Oline IMO.

OK - you're entitled to your opinion, of course. That's cool that you like the Lions Oline.

September 8th, 2013, 12:14 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

While i'm unsure about the Lion's line, he was spot on about the Denver line. I don't know how anyone was wowed by their performance. Manning was under constant pressure. Denver used a quick passing game to offset it and the run game was non-existant. They outlasted the Raven's D due to early season conditioning and the thin air due to altitude. They won't have many games like that outside of Denver if they can't open up the running game.

September 8th, 2013, 12:23 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

m2karateman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

If Cincy only goes 9-7, they'll have had an off year. Barring a plethora of injuries to key players, they should be in the playoffs and get 10 wins, at least. They should be able to take two from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and likely split the series with Baltimore. I think they have the best chance of winning that division.

Agreed. The Bengals should be the North winners this year in the AFC. Roethlisberger somehow didn't score until way late in their game today. I know they've been on a downslide but I was surprised to see them perform SO poorly. Cincinatti has so many good players on their team and decent enough coaching to do more damage in the playoffs than they have the last couple years. That's a really good defense there.

September 8th, 2013, 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]