View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Articles about the Lions? 
Towel Boy

Post Articles about the Lions?
I was wondering about why there is so little information about the Lions on this website. I am a loyal fan of the Lions, and some of you may remember me from previous posts (past website posts). I have been following "these" forums since detroitlions.com had forums. I have seen many members leave as well. I cannot remember the last website between this one and the official forums. But, it seems the administers are policing these forums way too much. I have seen valid new posts squashed by this community in order to keep dead-posts alive. I just do not understand why you guys want to keep dead-posts alive. Keeping dead-posts alive makes it seem that this website is run by a bunch of "Nazis." What I mean by that is: when someone post some new information, another high-posting member says that the poster is required to post on a past topic. I understand that there should not be too many starting posts, but this community seems to feel that we should keep posts in "post lockup." I guess the admins want as few members as possible.

Also there seems to be a lot of "your opinion is not valid," on this website. Many members are quick to scream their opinions and then scream down fellow members opinions. I am glad that one of those guys have recently left within these last 30 days. I think we should leave the Lions bashing out from here on out. Lets put behind us the "we should have drafted him" or "we should have picked up this guy in free agency." It seems like some members need to beat on the dead horse. Can we all just focus on what we have?

I think we need to be posting new topics on new articles from any valid source like detroitlions.com, nfl.com, ESPN.com, etc., to keep these forums alive. I do realize that this post is not posted in the right part of the forums, but I need to reach out to everyone here; because it seems like these forums are approaching death.

I thank anybody that reads this post. I will quit posting if you guys want me to. You guys seem to like pushing people away, so I am prepared to be pushed away. Good luck on keeping these forums alive if that is the case.

September 8th, 2013, 12:46 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Articles about the Lions?
Gabriel wrote:
I was wondering about why there is so little information about the Lions on this website. I am a loyal fan of the Lions, and some of you may remember me from previous posts (past website posts). I have been following "these" forums since detroitlions.com had forums. I have seen many members leave as well. I cannot remember the last website between this one and the official forums. But, it seems the administers are policing these forums way too much. I have seen valid new posts squashed by this community in order to keep dead-posts alive. I just do not understand why you guys want to keep dead-posts alive. Keeping dead-posts alive makes it seem that this website is run by a bunch of "Nazis." What I mean by that is: when someone post some new information, another high-posting member says that the poster is required to post on a past topic. I understand that there should not be too many starting posts, but this community seems to feel that we should keep posts in "post lockup." I guess the admins want as few members as possible.

Also there seems to be a lot of "your opinion is not valid," on this website. Many members are quick to scream their opinions and then scream down fellow members opinions. I am glad that one of those guys have recently left within these last 30 days. I think we should leave the Lions bashing out from here on out. Lets put behind us the "we should have drafted him" or "we should have picked up this guy in free agency." It seems like some members need to beat on the dead horse. Can we all just focus on what we have?

I think we need to be posting new topics on new articles from any valid source like detroitlions.com, nfl.com, ESPN.com, etc., to keep these forums alive. I do realize that this post is not posted in the right part of the forums, but I need to reach out to everyone here; because it seems like these forums are approaching death.

I thank anybody that reads this post. I will quit posting if you guys want me to. You guys seem to like pushing people away, so I am prepared to be pushed away. Good luck on keeping these forums alive if that is the case.

Please, keep posting, one of the reasons this sight is down a bit is due to casual posters opting to not voice their own opinion. I think thhobbleed part is the reason why IMO. The good news is the primary culprit in the " you opinion is stupid game" has opted to quit this site, and since there has been a growth in casual poster comments.

As far as keeping new post down to a minimum goes, I don't think I have seen the mods really jump on anyone unless they regularly start a new thread about a topic that already has a thread started. And even then they don't just lock the new thread, Wags and Conversion have, on several occasions, just merged the new topic into the old thread.

So keep posting, help liven this place up. It's better now than 2 months ago, and with new posters
Ike Shotty, it will keep getting better!

September 8th, 2013, 9:23 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I went to edit my comment and it double posted me, so I'll just throw my edit here!

EDIT TO ADD: be aware the " nazis" are going to move this thread. Just another example of them keeping things neat and tidy. They'll move this to "off topic" as it doesn't pertain to the team. Please don't take that as them dismissing you, they just like a neat board that makes sense.

September 8th, 2013, 9:24 am
Hall of Fame Player

Gabriel wrote:

detroitlions.com still has their forum. They reactivated it like a year and a half ago.

September 8th, 2013, 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]